FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.21.2014, 10:09

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 12:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120237
Donate
min.gif
Minor surgery for Percy Harvin
By Kevin Seifert espn.com
Apr 3 7:15AM ET

We're Black and Blue All Over:

Minnesota Vikings receiver Percy Harvin briefly put a scare into the team's fan base Monday night by tweeting -- one day after April Fool's -- that he needed shoulder surgery. Harvin quickly followed up by saying he should be healed in time for spring practices, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Harvin needs only an arthroscopic cleanup and will have a quick recovery time.

The Vikings are already dealing with the surgery rehabilitation of tailback Adrian Peterson, who tore two ligaments in his knee in December. Barring a surprise move in the draft or later in the trade market, Harvin projects as the Vikings' No. 1 receiver in 2012.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_ ... rcy-harvin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Percy mentioned he expects to be full go by OTA's but we'll see how it plays out.

Good lord the Vikings need 3-4 WRs to show up for camp ready to play.. if Spielman drafts 3 Wrs this season it wouldn't surprise me one bit and who could fault him.. depth chart top-bottom is all crap.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 12:30 

Sand$: 48248
Donate
nyj.gif
Man, what a headache this guy has been.

They should really think about reducing his workload. Maybe put him on a snap count or something.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 13:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Man, what a headache this guy has been.

They should really think about reducing his workload. Maybe put him on a snap count or something.

amazing huh?.. 58% of offensive snaps was apparently too much of a snap count for him. Would be nice if they rethink this whole lining him up at RB dealio along with the reports of lightening his load returning kicks and punts.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 14:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
To small to many hits. We need a legit WR core before we smoke him to oblivion. Percy should have no more then 5-6 catches per game and be returning KR. We should have drafted Britt. I mean Britt in minnesota. What trouble could he get into. You don't get in car chases ice fishing. Our chaulky white winterized women would make a night at X box seem radical. The whole time Goodell is talking to Britt he is looking over Britts shoulder at Cook.

By the time Percy move back into the slot he will be nothing but chewing gum and bandaids

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 14:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38864
Donate
car.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
To small to many hits. We need a legit WR core before we smoke him to oblivion. Percy should have no more then 5-6 catches per game and be returning KR. We should have drafted Britt. I mean Britt in minnesota. What trouble could he get into. You don't get in car chases ice fishing. Our chaulky white winterized women would make a night at X box seem radical. The whole time Goodell is talking to Britt he is looking over Britts shoulder at Cook.

By the time Percy move back into the slot he will be nothing but chewing gum and bandaids

Hey, wait a minute, leave Jared out of it. :twisted:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 17:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:

Hey, wait a minute, leave Jared out of it. :twisted:

I like Subway.

and yea, Britt would've been a nice add in 'badgas.. but hindsight etc.,..

PostPosted: Tue 04.03.2012, 21:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25208
Donate
det.gif
i'm targeting harvin this year, especially if the vikes take kalil.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 13:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 56076
Donate
chi.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:

I tell myself that every year. Then watch as he's on the sideline in the red zone. And half the time between the 20s. The guy is electric, but he just isn't a WR1. He's not that different from Devin Hester, really. You want the ball in his hands because of what he can do with it, but you cringe every time he gets hit.

Plus migraines.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 16:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39708
Donate
pit.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

I tell myself that every year. Then watch as he's on the sideline in the red zone. And half the time between the 20s. The guy is electric, but he just isn't a WR1. He's not that different from Devin Hester, really. You want the ball in his hands because of what he can do with it, but you cringe every time he gets hit.

Plus migraines.

Thats a negative.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:01 

Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

Plus migraines.

Thats a negative.

Harvin is like Hester in that you cringe every time he gets the ball, but overall, I feel Harvin is a lot more consistent and just simply a better overall player than Hester.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39708
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

Plus migraines.

Thats a negative.

Harvin is like Hester in that you cringe every time he gets the ball, but overall, I feel Harvin is a lot more consistent and just simply a better overall player than Hester.

cringe every time he gets the ball? I want it in his hands.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:25 

Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

Plus migraines.

Thats a negative.

cringe every time he gets the ball? I want it in his hands.

Me too. But you can't deny that a concussion/migraine/head injury is just waiting to happen.

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 17:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 56076
Donate
chi.gif
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:

Plus migraines.

Thats a negative.

No, it's not, not how the statement was framed. Obviously Harvin is more polished (and productive) on offense. That wasn't the point.

It was a limited parameter comparison.

But...good point? :?

PostPosted: Tue 04.10.2012, 18:18 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
yea, I don't cringe at all with Percy.. even with the headaches and dings he plays physical with the throttle pinned like he believes hes 225 w/o any concerns. Personally, I just wonder if he'll be available the next week after a high work load. Hes not necessarily the soft, fragile type its keeping him around on the field be it games or practice and out of a dark silent room in a drug coma or off the trainers table for going all out like he does.

he could do a better job of protecting himself.. but then you wouldn't have 'Percy Harvin'.

PostPosted: Wed 04.11.2012, 08:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15671
Donate
I always found that Harvin had his best statistical games after a migraine or during a weekend where he was a gametime decision and played. Those stats always looked so pretty on my bench too.