FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.30.2014, 23:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 140  Next
PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 34958
Donate
nyj.gif
looks like i have alot of reading to do got bout 3 pages to catch up with.

anyone care to give me the cliff notes version? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 11:25 

Sand$: 99498
Donate
jetsman2806 wrote:

Confusion regarding the IR's applicability at auction time. Long story short, you must enter + leave the auction + draft with no more than 5 RB's, 7 WR's + LB's, 4 DL's, and 3 of everything else while staying under the 34 player roster limit.

Also, check and make sure your extensions are right on pg 1, noticed when I was updating the by laws to reflect the above that the list seemed a bit light. Think I'm missing some late disclousers. I was very busy around the end of Jan/early Feb so it wouldn't surprise me.

Think that was it though.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 46698
Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

Confusion regarding the IR's applicability at auction time. Long story short, you must enter + leave the auction + draft with no more than 5 RB's, 7 WR's + LB's, 4 DL's, and 3 of everything else while staying under the 34 player roster limit.

Also, check and make sure your extensions are right on pg 1, noticed when I was updating the by laws to reflect the above that the list seemed a bit light. Think I'm missing some late disclousers. I was very busy around the end of Jan/early Feb so it wouldn't surprise me.

Think that was it though.

I will add that you do not have to be under roster limits entering the auction, as there are free agents on rosters.

I think this means that you can enter and leave the draft over the limit as well, does it not?

Also, taxi squad players do not count towards the roster limits any time of year, whereas IR doesn't exist until training camp. So you must leave the auction under roster limits for active and IR, but not taxi.

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:15 

Donate
Cyguy84 wrote:
I will add that you do not have to be under roster limits entering the auction, as there are free agents on rosters.
No. The 'free agents' on rosters should be transition players only. They are not technically on your roster yet.
Cyguy84 wrote:
I think this means that you can enter and leave the draft over the limit as well, does it not?

And no. The limits are only adjusted on the website to prevent picks from erroring out. It's assumed that any player taken over a positional roster limit is a taxi squad pick. Once the taxi is full the owner can't pick a player from that position anymore without making a corresponding move.

Honor system applies for both since there isn't a functionality on mfl to control it, obviously if anyone sees an issue ask about it so we can remedy it. It'd suck for everyone else if an owner thought he had an extra roster spot for a player, and didn't, and no one noticed until after the draft/auction were done because then no one can get that player again until waivers in September.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:
No. The 'free agents' on rosters should be transition players only. They are not technically on your roster yet.
Cyguy84 wrote:

And no. The limits are only adjusted on the website to prevent picks from erroring out. It's assumed that any player taken over a positional roster limit is a taxi squad pick. Once the taxi is full the owner can't pick a player from that position anymore without making a corresponding move.

Honor system applies for both since there isn't a functionality on mfl to control it, obviously if anyone sees an issue ask about it so we can remedy it. It'd suck for everyone else if an owner thought he had an extra roster spot for a player, and didn't, and no one noticed until after the draft/auction were done because then no one can get that player again until waivers in September.

Ok, what you said makes sense, but that means that any players with expiring contracts do not count toward your roster limits.

Correct? Not just transition players, but all rookie renewal and FA will not count until after the auction.
(The week before for renewal, once you declare them renewed.)

Interesting article: http://dynastyfootballwarehouse.com/statistical-analysis-and-fantasy-football/

Last edited by Cyguy84 on Fri 04.13.2012, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:38 

Donate
Damn you guys voting to have the draft before the auction.

I don't see any way around it this year so roster limits probably have to go out the window for the draft, but something will need to be put into place next year. Each team must be in compliance when roster declarations are made a week before the auction though.

PostPosted: Fri 04.13.2012, 12:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Damn you guys voting to have the draft before the auction.

I don't see any way around it this year so roster limits probably have to go out the window for the draft, but something will need to be put into place next year. Each team must be in compliance when roster declarations are made a week before the auction though.

A week after the auction, yes. The week before, renewals are made and count towards the roster limit, but transitioned players and FA still do not count.

That is how it has always been done and why we never care about compliance until the week after.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 10:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23366
Donate
det.gif
so basically the draft will happen with no affect to your roster limits in any way until the declaration deadline after the auction? if this is wrong, please correct me.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 10:19 

Donate
getdownmmmkay wrote:
so basically the draft will happen with no affect to your roster limits in any way until the declaration deadline after the auction? if this is wrong, please correct me.

For this year, correct. I'd rather wait to discuss an alternative method for future years until later to minimize confusion.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 10:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23366
Donate
det.gif
thx. just want to be sure we fully understand going into the draft in a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 10:27 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36592
Donate
hou.gif
Are we doing the draft on a separate MFL league site? Seems easier that way given the roster settings on the main league site.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 10:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
checo446 wrote:
Are we doing the draft on a separate MFL league site? Seems easier that way given the roster settings on the main league site.

No, it isn't easier.

We just need to remove the roster limits and this site works fine. The other site requires manually loading everything and is just more of a hassle.

As for the roster limits during the draft, the only clear violation is you can't have more than the roster limit currently under contract. So if you have five RB without needing to be won at auction, any RB you draft goes on taxi.

Easy enough.

PostPosted: Sat 04.14.2012, 10:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
Cyguy84 wrote:
checo446 wrote:

No, it isn't easier.

We just need to remove the roster limits and this site works fine. The other site requires manually loading everything and is just more of a hassle.

As for the roster limits during the draft, the only clear violation is you can't have more than the roster limit currently under contract. So if you have five RB without needing to be won at auction, any RB you draft goes on taxi.

Easy enough.
cool, I could care less where we do it.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 17:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
Just to let everyone know, I prepared the mfl site for 2012.

The draft order is set, the date is set, I increased roster limits temporarily but every team should try to obey roster limits if they have too many men under contract.

It doesn't have to be paid before June 9 to get the discount, so i will wait on that part.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 18:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
hou.gif
Cyguy84 wrote:
Just to let everyone know, I prepared the mfl site for 2012.

The draft order is set, the date is set, I increased roster limits temporarily but every team should try to obey roster limits if they have too many men under contract.

It doesn't have to be paid before June 9 to get the discount, so i will wait on that part.

Link?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2096 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 140  Next