FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 15:48

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri 03.30.2012, 18:26 

Sand$: 53255
Donate
nyj.gif
Yeah, who would have imagined that a guy coming off a career 'out of nowhere' year would return back to earth? :-k

Curses? Pishposh. Cover boy's of Madden are guys that just had career years. The odds of them not performing to that level is extremely high. Plus the covers have been predominately adorned by injury plagued positions: running backs, and quarterbacks that run

Now, if Fitzgerald and Drew Brees had also succumbed to the curse, we would have something to talk about. It's still be stupid, but he'd be a bit harder to defend against the believers.

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Sun 04.01.2012, 14:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55672
Donate
chi.gif
Crazysight wrote:
Yeah say that when it's your team that underachieves because one of your best players from the prior
year did indeed fall off a cliff. I was on here last year going up and down about how stupid the notion of a video game "curse" is, how Hillis was going to stiff arm the "Madden curse" into oblivion, and essentially about how video games themselves are a waste of time to boot. Year after year for as long as I can remember this kind of crap has happened with players on the cover ...I'm sick of it. I just want to see one guy get on the cover and then have a superlative season where he doesn't break a bone, fall off a cliff, or make a key mistake in a playoff game that costs his team its entire season (Going way the hell back to Eddie George on that one). Until that time I will remain wary of this improbable string of misfortune that has gone on for more years than I care to remember.

A lot of others of us were on here saying that was Hillis did was the best he'll ever do, even before he was put on the cover. His style of running doesn't last long, and he took a major pounding in 2010. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened there.

PostPosted: Sun 04.01.2012, 22:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39024
Donate
pit.gif
Crazysight wrote:
Yeah say that when it's your team that underachieves because one of your best players from the prior
year did indeed fall off a cliff. I was on here last year going up and down about how stupid the notion of a video game "curse" is, how Hillis was going to stiff arm the "Madden curse" into oblivion, and essentially about how video games themselves are a waste of time to boot. Year after year for as long as I can remember this kind of crap has happened with players on the cover ...I'm sick of it. I just want to see one guy get on the cover and then have a superlative season where he doesn't break a bone, fall off a cliff, or make a key mistake in a playoff game that costs his team its entire season (Going way the hell back to Eddie George on that one). Until that time I will remain wary of this improbable string of misfortune that has gone on for more years than I care to remember.

santa claus,the easter bunny, and the tooth fairy all agree.

PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 17:47 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2223
Donate
phi.gif
I also agree about the non curse, but it would be a lie if I said I wanted Shady McCoy to get the cover of Madden this year. He's been lobbying on twitter for his fans to vote him in.

PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 18:37 

Donate
nyj.gif
I think it comes down to Cam Newton vs Megatron, with Cam Newton winning.

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Mon 04.02.2012, 19:54 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2223
Donate
phi.gif
endzoneview wrote:

Sounds about right.

I still cant believe the year Newton had, I didnt see that coming.....at least not in his rookie year.

Megatron is an absolute BEAST! There are a few great WR's in the league, but he is hands down the most dominant IMO.

PostPosted: Wed 04.18.2012, 17:44 

Donate
nyj.gif
Birdzfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Sounds about right.

I still cant believe the year Newton had, I didnt see that coming.....at least not in his rookie year.

Megatron is an absolute BEAST! There are a few great WR's in the league, but he is hands down the most dominant IMO.

The race to grace the cover of "Madden 13" has been narrowed down to two of the NFL's brightest stars in Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson.

Weeks of online voting has whittled down the pool of 32 players to a head-to-head between the Panthers quarterback and Lions wide receiver. - foxsports

:thumbright:

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Wed 04.18.2012, 18:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 38391
Donate
endzoneview wrote:
Birdzfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Sounds about right.

The race to grace the cover of "Madden 13" has been narrowed down to two of the NFL's brightest stars in Cam Newton and Calvin Johnson.

Weeks of online voting has whittled down the pool of 32 players to a head-to-head between the Panthers quarterback and Lions wide receiver. - foxsports

No contest. Newton needs to prove he can perform for more than 1 year before he can grace Madden. Gronk also had an unbelievable season, though he's not a rookie.

PostPosted: Wed 04.18.2012, 21:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36778
Donate
car.gif
R2000 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Birdzfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Sounds about right.

No contest. Newton needs to prove he can perform for more than 1 year before he can grace Madden. Gronk also had an unbelievable season, though he's not a rookie.

Can't really disagree with that too much but which of the 2 is more recognizable to most people at this point?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 04.18.2012, 21:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
I did the whole bracket thing for this before it started and had Newton vs. Tebow in the finals (Tebow beating Calvin in the semis). I picked Newton to win the whole thing and still do. Dude is hyped big time (and deservedly so) and he's a guy people love to use in Madden, that's got to be worth something, right?

PostPosted: Thu 04.19.2012, 11:17 

Donate
nyj.gif
R2000 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Birdzfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Sounds about right.

Hillis only performed one year and got the cover.

It's going to be Newton. That way, when he has his sophomore slump and doesn't perform as well stats-wise as he did last year, we can all still perpetuate that the Madden Curse is real.

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Thu 04.19.2012, 11:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 172
Donate
dal.gif
I don't have Newt in any league...I got Calvin in 2....go Cam Baby!

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 17:11 

Donate
nyj.gif
Calvin wins!

Lions lose, Panthers dodge a bullet

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 17:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55672
Donate
chi.gif
I saw a tweet the other day that said something to the effect of, "Last year's Madden Curse was so bad that it took down Peyton Hillis, Peyton Manning and Sean Payton. Bad year to be a Peyton."

PostPosted: Wed 04.25.2012, 17:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11782
Donate
sf.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
I saw a tweet the other day that said something to the effect of, "Last year's Madden Curse was so bad that it took down Peyton Hillis, Peyton Manning and Sean Payton. Bad year to be a Peyton."

nice.

I don't have Megatron in a keeper anymore, but having him for the last 3 years, I was hoping Cam would win this. I guess either way it doesn't affect my team (although I'm more likely to draft Megatron in my redraft leagues than I am to draft Cam).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next