FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 09.17.2014, 20:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RG3
PostPosted: Fri 03.23.2012, 20:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 702
Donate
was.gif
just thought it might be time to get this started.......
after 20yrs of miserable qb play, i can honestly say it will be fun to be a Redskin fan again......

Post subject: Re: RG3
PostPosted: Tue 03.27.2012, 12:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 854
Donate
was.gif
Have to :eusa_pray: that it works out. They invested a lot in this pick. I am excited to see how things work out and hopefully it will make going to the games fun again too.

PostPosted: Sun 04.22.2012, 07:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
Now RGIII a lock, we've signed about 10 guys for the defensive backfield, wr's everywhere, and Niles Paul learning the TE/HB positions......this season is shaping up to be exciting for the Redskin fans.

DC is going to go absolutely friggin nuts when RGIII's name is called.....might have to make the hop to that side of the Big Ditch to join in the festivities that weekend. (For anyone confused- the Chesapeake Bay is 'the Big Ditch' to us Eastern Shore folk) :thumbright:

PostPosted: Mon 04.23.2012, 13:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
All those DBs are patchwork. I would assume they are bringing in quantity over quality hoping someone comes to play to earn their way. Instead of paying the big bucks just to release them the next season. Rest of the draft just add depth to their offensive and defensive line. Maybe another RB or WR too.

With them trying Paul at TE doesn't look to good for Cooley.

PostPosted: Sun 04.29.2012, 21:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
Yeah, i been saying for 2 years now that Cooley is done, i like him but he's done.

Agree about the DBs, hope a couple play well; Minnefield mite be a nice udfa pick up, like that move.

Morris should work well with Helu and Royster......it will be a typical Shannahan RB rotation , but who cares if we gain yards.

I dont even mind the Cousins pick. We will get burned at the stake for it, but i like it. With not having a first round pick for the next 2 drafts now, if Cousins projects better than any QB you could get in round 2 of the next 2 drafts then its not bad insurance. If RGIII is a bust for some other worldly reason, Grossman plays a few games while we at least have another highly touted QB already learning the system. If RGIII is a bust, with no 1st round picks for 2 years, the franchise could be doomed along with Shanny, never to recover. In my mind, Cousins is a great value pick that could be traded when RGIII does pan out; but also a smart pick to make this year with RGIII in case he doesnt pan out.

Could have done a little better on the lineman , but at least we are building and getting the depth there; much needed.

I was hoping we would take George Iloka S Boise St at pick 109, but it was not to be...we had 173 and he almost got to us there, but Cincy took him a few picks ahead....i thought he would have great for our defense; a big solid do it all type safety that we have sorely missed since the passing of Sean taylor....Iloka is no Taylor, but he would have been nice to try back there.

PostPosted: Wed 05.02.2012, 10:19 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
The media is getting a little carried away with the Cousins pick. Especially local media. To me Cousins is an upgrade over Grossman, he is not supposed to replace RG3 but replace RG1. Noone is ripping the Eagles for taking another QB or Jax drafting a punter or NE drafting Mallet last year.

Shanny seems to like FA Olinemen. Well we atleast have a 2nd rounder next year.

PostPosted: Fri 05.04.2012, 19:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
yeah, i'd equate the Cousins pick with the Harnisch pick for Indy......any QB you can draft and train your way is better than the crap backups they had

PostPosted: Sat 05.05.2012, 05:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
They say Kyle's "system " is supposed to be so complicated that you have Cousins learn along with RG3 and Grossman is there just in case. Next year you let Grossman go and you have a cheaper backup. More money for free agents.

PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 10:45 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 788
Donate
another skins fan excited about RGIII!

i'll be seeing his first home action, preseason game #3 (so plenty of first-team playing at least a half) vs. Luck/colts.

for crappy preseason, that's about as exciting as it gets.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=305803&p=4223040#p4223040

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 20:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6219
Donate
nfllogo.gif
Looking forward to this season.

PostPosted: Fri 08.31.2012, 21:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
was.gif
Went to preseason game #4 I got to see a lot of Cousins. Pretty excited about him, can't wait until they release Grossman so we can have a better back up for less money. Also going to the Carolina game, can't wait to see Cam vs RG3.