WWE wrestling thread!

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
Breaking up AJ/DB? Editing out the chants off Smackdown? Burying job in the works. :F
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
Dear Brock

Please F@##* off back to UFC,you absolutely suck on the mic
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
Why oh why would they have Brock cut a 10 minute in ring promo? It is the dumbest idea ever. Let's take a guy who is perfect at everything but mic work and put him on the mic for an overly long amount of time. WWE has no idea how to play to the wrestlers' strengths. It was a poor attempt to draw heat for Lesnar, but it worked a bit.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
forgot there was a ppv on
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
I sometimes have no idea what this company is doing. Nights like tonight prove that they don't either, main event wise.

Rest of the PPV was better than Wrestlemania.


Kane/Orton. Decent enough match. Not enough build up to this due to Orton's concussions going into WM. Obviously a throw together feud to get Randy involved in both PPV's. They trade wins.

Brodus/Ziggler. Ziggler deserves better than carrying a guy and selling everything he does.

Rhodes/Big Show. Good match as far as Big Show matches go. The kayfabe "botched" ending keeps Show looking strong and gives Cody back the strap. This lets Show add it to his collection and Rhodes gets a renewed push with Show hopefully out of the way after this blowoff match.

Sheamus/Bryan. Great, great match. Super-Sheamus was soundly beaten and having Bryan purposely taking a DQ keeps him from eating a pin and making one guy get over each other. The pass out loss for Sheamus protects him as well and Bryan puts over Sheamus again. Obviously Sheamus will feud with Del Rio next and Bryan possibly heading to RAW. Bryan is so over it isn't even funny even after trying to get cheap heat by dissing Chicago. This match is better than everything at WM.

Ryback/Jobbers. I'm coming around on Ryback, but the Goldberg in RVD gear has a ways to go, especially considering the jobbers are the only ones getting mic time.

Punk/Jericho. A ton better than their WM match. Great all around and Jericho REALLY put Punk over in this one.

Layla/Nikki Bella. Expected Kharma at first and then thought of a Bella vs. Bella swerve. Layla coming back from injury makes sense. Bella's are reportedly leaving so it makes sense to use Nikki as a transition champ to get the belt from Beth to Layla setting up a Beth/Layla feud going forward. It also gives Nikki and Brie a championship run before departing.

Cena/Brock. Stiff work at the beginning to sell the fight as legit. Really liked the pacing and Brock's dominance. Blood is always a seller in a match like this. Here's where things get crazy.. two ref bumps in a no DQ match? Okay, make Brock look strong when the ref is down only to have Cena win? Cena is leaving for awhile anyway, putting over Brock would have Brock just be an unstoppable monster with Cena coming back later to try to avenge his defeat. Sell it as a kayfabe injury at the hands of Brock that sidelines Cena for awhile. It opens up so many options for Cena's character upon returning and a break from him would do wonders for his reception. This ending didn't make sense in any capacity.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
zodiak wrote:I sometimes have no idea what this company is doing. Nights like tonight prove that they don't either, main event wise.

Rest of the PPV was better than Wrestlemania.


Kane/Orton. Decent enough match. Not enough build up to this due to Orton's concussions going into WM. Obviously a throw together feud to get Randy involved in both PPV's. They trade wins.

Brodus/Ziggler. Ziggler deserves better than carrying a guy and selling everything he does.

Rhodes/Big Show. Good match as far as Big Show matches go. The kayfabe "botched" ending keeps Show looking strong and gives Cody back the strap. This lets Show add it to his collection and Rhodes gets a renewed push with Show hopefully out of the way after this blowoff match.

Sheamus/Bryan. Great, great match. Super-Sheamus was soundly beaten and having Bryan purposely taking a DQ keeps him from eating a pin and making one guy get over each other. The pass out loss for Sheamus protects him as well and Bryan puts over Sheamus again. Obviously Sheamus will feud with Del Rio next and Bryan possibly heading to RAW. Bryan is so over it isn't even funny even after trying to get cheap heat by dissing Chicago. This match is better than everything at WM.

Ryback/Jobbers. I'm coming around on Ryback, but the Goldberg in RVD gear has a ways to go, especially considering the jobbers are the only ones getting mic time.

Punk/Jericho. A ton better than their WM match. Great all around and Jericho REALLY put Punk over in this one.

Layla/Nikki Bella. Expected Kharma at first and then thought of a Bella vs. Bella swerve. Layla coming back from injury makes sense. Bella's are reportedly leaving so it makes sense to use Nikki as a transition champ to get the belt from Beth to Layla setting up a Beth/Layla feud going forward. It also gives Nikki and Brie a championship run before departing.

Cena/Brock. Stiff work at the beginning to sell the fight as legit. Really liked the pacing and Brock's dominance. Blood is always a seller in a match like this. Here's where things get crazy.. two ref bumps in a no DQ match? Okay, make Brock look strong when the ref is down only to have Cena win? Cena is leaving for awhile anyway, putting over Brock would have Brock just be an unstoppable monster with Cena coming back later to try to avenge his defeat. Sell it as a kayfabe injury at the hands of Brock that sidelines Cena for awhile. It opens up so many options for Cena's character upon returning and a break from him would do wonders for his reception. This ending didn't make sense in any capacity.

you summed it up pretty well, prefered this ppv better than WM.
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
WWE Studios' "The Marine: Homefront" will star The Miz, who is replacing Randy Orton as the lead actor in the film. The film will tell the story of a Marine trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter from a terrorist. The film will shoot in June for several weeks in Vancouver, British Columbia.



:lol: :lol: :lol:
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
Kaleb.09 wrote:WWE Studios' "The Marine: Homefront" will star The Miz, who is replacing Randy Orton as the lead actor in the film. The film will tell the story of a Marine trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter from a terrorist. The film will shoot in June for several weeks in Vancouver, British Columbia.



:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope he can find time in his jobbing schedule to film. :twisted:

Edit: I thought Cena was doing the Marine movies which is why he's going away for a bit?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
Daniel Bryan vs. Punk? I'm marking out like crazy.

Though we all know Jericho's match was botched so they'll put him back in the match against Punk somehow.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
Bryan vs Punk for wwe title at next ppv ,YES YES YES
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
zodiak wrote:Daniel Bryan vs. Punk? I'm marking out like crazy.

Though we all know Jericho's match was botched so they'll put him back in the match against Punk somehow.

I think over the limit will be Bryan vs Punk then Money in the Bank will be a triple threat match ft Jericho vs Bryan vs Punk ( also Jericho is touring with his band soon)

More Details on Lesnar's Extreme Rules Tantrum, Speculation on His Future

Posted by Marc Middleton on 05/01/2012

- As seen on RAW last night, WWE temporarily wrote Brock Lesnar out of the storylines by having his contract status "up in the air" following the attack on Triple H in the opener. WWE's announcers stressed that Lesnar's future is in doubt with the company. WWE only has Lesnar for several dates per month and will have to come up with creative ways to keep him in and out of the storylines.

We noted earlier that Brock Lesnar had a meltdown backstage after his loss to John Cena at Extreme Rules. Lesnar was upset about Cena's post-match promo because the original plan had Cena getting stretchered out. Lesnar felt that he was made to look weak and WWE officials double crossed him.

F4Wonline.com reports that WWE's new mentality with Lesnar is that they're paying a lot of money for a guy who is not their top guy, so he should be used when he can to put over their top talents. People in Lesnar's camp were feeling like WWE was just testing Lesnar by having Cena cut the post-match speech.

Brock was told before the Extreme Rules match that Cena would go out on a stretcher and look totally incapacitated and be injured. Lesnar went nuts backstage in front of everyone, tearing things up and throwing a tantrum. Lesnar specifically yelled at Marc Carano, the assistant to John Laurinaitis, about how things are a mess and everything is wrong in WWE. Some felt that part of the tantrum was just an act by Lesnar to show to the locker room that he could quit at any minute. Some of those same people felt that WWE officials could have been involved in Lesnar trying to work the other talents.

Lesnar also suggested that Cena intentionally pulled down the top rope at Extreme Rules, causing him to nearly blow out his knee in the bad spot towards the end of the match where they both tumbled over to the floor. Again, most believe that there is no real heat between Cena and Lesnar over this and this also could have been part of an act by Lesnar.

Despite what's an act and what's part of the TV storylines, sources insist that Lesnar's status and future with WWE is a sticky situation. While Lesnar vs. Triple H is in the works for SummerSlam, some in the company are already predicting that he will end up working the remaining big pay-per-view events of 2012, Royal Rumble 2013 and then WrestleMania 29 before being done with the company.

Source: F4Wonline.com


That original storyline sounded like it would have been red-hot. The perfect ending to the show. Cena getting stretchered out is how I would have booked it.but once again creative flubs things up as usual.
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
Lesnar's right. Creative's futile attempts to prop up Supercena pretty much make them crush every other superstar and storyline.

They dropped the ball with Punk's momentum.
They dropped the ball with the Rock/Cena feud.
They dropped the ball with Lesnar's return.

These are the three hottest storylines they had since Nexus and botched them all in the same year. And oh yeah, they botched Nexus too just to feed Supercena.

I love Cena the person but he's a cancer to the potential of the WWE. Keeping him as the top guy in his current role maintains their current level of popularity and caps it completely. His presence alone is a ceiling for every other superstar because they'll eventually be fed to him or brushed aside to upper midcard status to make room for Cena's feuds (like Punk who didn't even get to beat Cena clean).

Cena NEEDED to take a vacation. For his own health, his character and for the benefit of the entire WWE. Let them focus on other stars to push them instead of the constant cycle of Supercena overcoming whatever obstacle is in his way next. This supercena shoot is what drives away more and more of the older audience which actually makes up the vast majority of WWE's demographic.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
frig this company.

Two terrrrrrible RAW's in a row. No build for the WWE championship match? Cena is god awful on the mic anymore. This PPV will bomb and they'll blame it on Punk/Bryan so Vince can go back to stroking himself over big bodied wrestlers in the main event.

/rant
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18171
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004
Sand$: 10,672.18
Just finished watching the ppv, crap ppv apart from Punk vs Bryan which is contender for MOTY and the finish sets it it up nicely for a rematch at NO Way Out ( possible submission match)
_______________________________________

Twitter :@Adenchiz
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sun Sep 9, 2007
Sand$: 2,283.26
Two current WWE storylines:

Johnny/Show vs. Cena. Johnny wants to make Cena pay for... um.. something?
Bryan vs. Punk. "He's a different person now"

That's all the build we get. Thankfully Punk/Bryan can tear up the ring but it's disgusting to see so little going on and NO development for the two storylines that are actually going.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests