FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 14:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 03.18.2012, 09:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2405
Donate
nyg.gif
pinksheets wrote:
As long as you aren't telegraphing your moves to the rest of the league, I'd try to trade down from the 1.2 if you're deadset on QB. I'm talking about a small trade down to the 1.3 even. Maybe that owner wants Blackmon enough to give up a little something to get that pick (or if he wants one of the QBs you can take whoever is left) and have a little extra.

I wouldn't trade the 1.2 until you know for certain that Richardson is gone at 1.1, though.

Agreed.

Also, don't trade just to trade. Make sure the trade makes sense. Does the owner with the #1 pick have a need for RB or is he needing a QB?

Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC

PostPosted: Wed 03.21.2012, 21:38 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1300
Donate
det.gif
The Guy picking 1 already said he's taking Richardson. So I'm choosing either Griffin or Luck still not sure which ....but I'm not apposed to trading back a couple spots if I can my biggest need is RB but it wont kill me to pick up a stud QB.

PostPosted: Mon 04.30.2012, 10:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5459
Donate
pit.gif
I also have a need in a dyno for a QB as well as the RB position and Doug Martin will be my pick at 1.02 in a PPR dyno.

The opportunity to get a potential 3 down back with the way the NFL is today in terms of RBBC's etc. is too great to pass up.

Martin's not a superior talent per se but it's a classic case of a running back having enough talent that meets opportunity in what looks to be running behind a pretty good offensive line that translates into fantasy production. The fact that he's a solid pass catcher is a PPR bonus.

PostPosted: Mon 04.30.2012, 10:47 

Sand$: 100682
Donate
jesteva wrote:
I also have a need in a dyno for a QB as well as the RB position and Doug Martin will be my pick at 1.02 in a PPR dyno.

The opportunity to get a potential 3 down back with the way the NFL is today in terms of RBBC's etc. is too great to pass up.

Martin's not a superior talent per se but it's a classic case of a running back having enough talent that meets opportunity in what looks to be running behind a pretty good offensive line that translates into fantasy production. The fact that he's a solid pass catcher is a PPR bonus.

Yep, he's right.

Dammit.

PostPosted: Mon 04.30.2012, 11:28 
Mako Shark

Donate
det.gif
So i completed my draft on the day of tghe first round....heres what I came away with

1Luck with the second overall Trent went first and RG3 third
2 Kendall Wright
3 Dwayne Allen ...fleener went at the end of the second round
4 Cyrus Gray
5 Boom Herron
6 Terrance Ganaway
7 Ryan Broyles

so any comments on how you think I did?

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 10:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2405
Donate
nyg.gif
blee219 wrote:
So i completed my draft on the day of tghe first round....heres what I came away with

2 Kendall Wright
4 Cyrus Gray
5 Boom Herron
6 Terrance Ganaway
7 Ryan Broyles

what were the top 8 picks in your draft?

Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 11:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39316
Donate
pit.gif
blee219 wrote:

2 Kendall Wright
4 Cyrus Gray
5 Boom Herron
6 Terrance Ganaway
7 Ryan Broyles

should of waited or drafted a rb. Rb by far was your biggest need you got caught up in the hype.

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 13:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
rugger48 wrote:
blee219 wrote:

2 Kendall Wright
4 Cyrus Gray
5 Boom Herron
6 Terrance Ganaway
7 Ryan Broyles

should of waited or drafted a rb. Rb by far was your biggest need you got caught up in the hype.

I don't know. If this were a 12-team league I'd absolutely disagree with you, because I think you should never pass on elite talent for positional value (Luck vs. Martin), but in an 8-teamer.....damn....it's tougher. I'd almost be drafting more based on the immediate impact a player brings to my team in a league that shallow, where solid options spring up on the waiver wire a lot more often, so yeah, I could see taking Martin there or trading down.

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 16:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
pinksheets wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
blee219 wrote:

2 Kendall Wright
4 Cyrus Gray
5 Boom Herron
6 Terrance Ganaway
7 Ryan Broyles

I don't know. If this were a 12-team league I'd absolutely disagree with you, because I think you should never pass on elite talent for positional value (Luck vs. Martin), but in an 8-teamer.....damn....it's tougher. I'd almost be drafting more based on the immediate impact a player brings to my team in a league that shallow, where solid options spring up on the waiver wire a lot more often, so yeah, I could see taking Martin there or trading down.

You can only go BPA so much 12 team keeper. You keep avoiding needs and you keep getting high picks you will end up drafting qb after qb after qb. Dont get me wrong Im not totally against qbs, but I bet he drafted bradford, traded for vick, drafted ponder last year(not a first rounder). At some point you have to start filling needs and trust in the pick you already have. Right now hes counting possible 2 of those 4 back to give him points. If he get the 1.2 or 1.3 next year hre will be drafting barkly next year.

Before we get into the " he can trade for some with a qb, whats he going to trade for someone he should of drafted with the 1.2. He shoulfd went rb with greene,mcgahee,ingram,beanie as his current guys.

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 21:15 
Mako Shark

Donate
det.gif
The league Im in is an 8 teamer. We keep 35 and there are no waivers. And the other catch is we draft college players before the draft so we dont know what situation they are going to for the most part. I took over the team two years ago so last year was my first draft I took Ingram (beste back available) ....this year I know I didnt reallly need a QB at all but Richardson went first and I tried to trade back but nobody loved Blackmon and wanted to move up ....the first round was ...richardson, luck, rg3 , blackmon, miller, wilson, floyd, and martin then polk went first in the second round.... i tried to trade back into the first round also to get one of those rbs but it didnt work .... so thats where Im at with everything... I got stuck going best player available because after the first four rbs all gone in the first 9 picks the drop off was huge so I had to wait and take better players at other positions regardless of need ...

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 21:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
I absolutely agree with taking Luck over Martin not knowing the situation they'd land in, well, you knew one. Fine with the pick, and again, elite talent over solid talent in a good situation. I just think there likely won't be another Andrew Luck in next year's draft, but there's a Doug Martin in most of them.

PostPosted: Tue 05.01.2012, 21:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3167
Donate
atl.gif
rugger48 wrote:
blee219 wrote:

2 Kendall Wright
4 Cyrus Gray
5 Boom Herron
6 Terrance Ganaway
7 Ryan Broyles

Agreed with this. Your RBs are pretty crappy. Any interest in moving Vick?

PostPosted: Wed 05.02.2012, 16:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
pinksheets wrote:
I absolutely agree with taking Luck over Martin not knowing the situation they'd land in, well, you knew one. Fine with the pick, and again, elite talent over solid talent in a good situation. I just think there likely won't be another Andrew Luck in next year's draft, but there's a Doug Martin in most of them.

and again at some point you have to stop the cycle, if he follows the same logic next year he will be drafting barkley. Now hes got to find a rb. The idea to ff is score more points then the other team not stock pile elite talent in the same position. Before we get into the trade scenario, hes not getting a top 3-4 rb from anybody.

stop piling qbs is not the same as stockpiling on wr and rbs.

Quote:
Fine with the pick, and again, elite talent over solid talent in a good situation.

what do you nthink happens if he offers RG3 straight up for martin right now?

Last edited by rugger48 on Wed 05.02.2012, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 05.02.2012, 16:42 
Mako Shark

Donate
det.gif
rugger I agree with you and I am willing to trade a qb with a package of players for a better rb .... i was thinking about trying to trade vick or ponder along with maybe greene and white or another wr for a higher end rb ... in your opinion who should i package and who should i target

PostPosted: Wed 05.02.2012, 16:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Your gonna have to catch lightning in a bottle here, try to find a back ho has low value right now. Right of the bat CJ,peterson,forte, lynch are all low in value right now. Other players that might get you an acceprt are, maybe Murray maybe stewart(but his sitiuation this year is horrible, next year his value goes through theroof.)