FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.23.2014, 02:52

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2012, 16:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 114048
Donate
min.gif
For those of you interested this was from a media presser work-out this afternoon @ 2pm

just a touch of powder puff drills/work but it gives a visual at least.

[Edit - added MVP tag]

Last edited by birddog on Sun 02.03.2013, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Adrian Peterson
PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2012, 16:30 

Sand$: 42539
Donate
nyj.gif
We can rebuild him, we have the technology

I'm a huge fan and I'm eagerly awaiting to see how he looks in training camp and the pre-season. There's nobody that could return to form quicker than AP. I'm cautiously optimistic.

PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2012, 16:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 20917
Donate
bal.gif
endzoneview wrote:
We can rebuild him, we have the technology

I'm a huge fan and I'm eagerly awaiting to see how he looks in training camp and the pre-season. There's nobody that could return to form quicker than AP. I'm cautiously optimistic.

^this

If someone offered me something worthwhile for Peterson I would seriously consider it.

Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
American Hustle 7/10
Dallas Buyers Club 7/10
Godzilla 7/10
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit : 7/10

PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2012, 17:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 42316
Donate
Which RBs would you straight up accept for AP?

Rice/McCoy/Foster/Richardson are not going to be in the picture, likely Matthews as well.

PostPosted: Wed 05.09.2012, 18:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 23137
Donate
cle.gif
AP's health/value may well be the most hotly debated fantasy subject this preseason. I cannot tell much from drills. I will try to await judgement until I can see how he responds with that leg planted during real contact. Good luck AP!

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 10:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10774
Donate
kc.gif
I was prepared to cut him loose in my keeper league....but one guy I don't want to underestimate is AP

cautiously optimistic is a good term of use

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 10015
Donate
pit.gif
No concerns that even if he is relatively healthy, they look to be playing behind (IMO) a lot this year and even with Ponder and a suspect WR corps, his touches may be down?

I have him in one league and am starting to think about "Selling" once some positive news comes out about him pumping his value back.

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7665
Donate
jax.gif
jesteva wrote:
No concerns that even if he is relatively healthy, they look to be playing behind (IMO) a lot this year and even with Ponder and a suspect WR corps, his touches may be down?

I have him in one league and am starting to think about "Selling" once some positive news comes out about him pumping his value back.

great idea. RB w/ 1500+ touches that doesn't avoid contact coming off ACL. Let someone else be caught holding the bag on that one and load up on young RB's.

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 10015
Donate
pit.gif
Love AP but if someone offered Doug Martin plus a little sweetner for him today, I'd probably agonize over it for a while and then hit the accept trade button.....and then agonize over it even more. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:25 

Donate
nyj.gif
hankrip wrote:
jesteva wrote:

great idea. RB w/ 1500+ touches that doesn't avoid contact coming off ACL. Let someone else be caught holding the bag on that one and load up on young RB's.

That sounds all fine and dandy, but what are you looking to get back for him at the RB position? You're obviously not getting Foster, Rice, McCoy, or MJD. So how many other RB's out there would you feel more confident in out of curiosity?

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:26 

Donate
nyj.gif
jesteva wrote:
Love AP but if someone offered Doug Martin plus a little sweetner for him today, I'd probably agonize over it for a while and then hit the accept trade button.....and then agonize over it even more. :lol:

Wow. I wouldn't be thinking about selling him this low at all.

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16454
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
hankrip wrote:
jesteva wrote:

That sounds all fine and dandy, but what are you looking to get back for him at the RB position? You're obviously not getting Foster, Rice, McCoy, or MJD. So how many other RB's out there would you feel more confident in out of curiosity?

Sell AD because he had a knee injury. That logic your selling just about every starting RB and WR and QB and TE. Basically your team is a select few rookies.

Quote:
Trent Richardson (RB, Alabama)
Richardson is the clear No. 1 choice for any team looking for a back. While RBs are often considered unworthy of top picks due to their injury risks and the ability to find value in later rounds, Richardson is good enough to overcome the bias. The surprising part is that he does this with some serious health concerns. In the rush to anoint him the best available back and a pick as high as No. 4, few note that Richardson didn't run at the Combine. He'd had knee surgery -- not his first -- and was also unavailable at the Alabama pro day. He held his own workouts in late March and showed good speed. There's some durability concerns, but those are long-term, and he's helped by being a 'Bama player (more on that below.) The Browns have done their due diligence and seem comfortable, as do the Bucs. No doctor in the top 10 passed on Richardson due to his medical history or exams, though several seem to have questioned his durability. "Our [doctor] said he was going to need a solid No. 2 with him," a scout told me. "He's 25 carries, not 35. He's not [Adrian] Peterson."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1uU7JPR1j

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7665
Donate
jax.gif
endzoneview wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Wow. I wouldn't be thinking about selling him this low at all.

I'd take Doug Martin straight up for AP in a second. We are talking keeper/dynasty right? Hell, I'd probably do it in a redraft.

Old and slow, you gotta go! especially if you are a RB

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 11:56 

Donate
nyj.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
hankrip wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Sell AD because he had a knee injury. That logic your selling just about every starting RB and WR and QB and TE. Basically your team is a select few rookies.

Quote:
Trent Richardson (RB, Alabama)
Richardson is the clear No. 1 choice for any team looking for a back. While RBs are often considered unworthy of top picks due to their injury risks and the ability to find value in later rounds, Richardson is good enough to overcome the bias. The surprising part is that he does this with some serious health concerns. In the rush to anoint him the best available back and a pick as high as No. 4, few note that Richardson didn't run at the Combine. He'd had knee surgery -- not his first -- and was also unavailable at the Alabama pro day. He held his own workouts in late March and showed good speed. There's some durability concerns, but those are long-term, and he's helped by being a 'Bama player (more on that below.) The Browns have done their due diligence and seem comfortable, as do the Bucs. No doctor in the top 10 passed on Richardson due to his medical history or exams, though several seem to have questioned his durability. "Our [doctor] said he was going to need a solid No. 2 with him," a scout told me. "He's 25 carries, not 35. He's not [Adrian] Peterson."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1uU7JPR1j

I don't think Richardson had an ACL injury though, did he?

I understand what you're saying. It's a risky position, so giving up on a stud, who may have a down year (which is still going to be pretty damn good in comparison to some other guys), then get the 27 year old back for two stud seasons after that still sounds more appealing to me than taking a swing on a rookie that's never played a down in the NFL (not named Trent Richardson)

PostPosted: Thu 05.10.2012, 12:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4575
Donate
Toby Gerhart did more with less.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next