FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 16:14

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drew Brees
PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 15:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36378
Donate
car.gif
5XChamps wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Saints fans set up website to fund Brees contract
Posted by Mike Florio on May 30, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT

Through Tuesday, the effort had raised $738.09

:F x 1,000

Thats just enough that he may play for one set of downs but its borderline. :lol:

Not even remotely close. Per nfl.com Saints had 1117 plays from scrimmage. That's just under 70 per game. At the offer of $1M per game that's the franchise tag and assuming Brees played every offensive snap that's $14,285 per play.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Wed 06.06.2012, 00:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38878
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports that the Saints are offering more than $18 million per year in contract talks with unsigned franchise player Drew Brees.PFT's Mike Florio suggests the figure is "possibly closer to $19 million," while Brees is asking for less than $21 million. ESPN's Ed Werder reported Tuesday that the sides were roughly $2 million-per-year apart, which aligns with Florio's story. Tom Brady's September 2010 extension paid him $18M annually. Peyton Manning's year-to-year deal in Denver can be worth $19.2M per season. The numbers passed along by PFT make the Saints' offer seem pretty darn fair. Jun 6 - 12:03 AM

if this is true, benson is an idiot.

PostPosted: Wed 06.06.2012, 11:02 

Sand$: 50075
Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports that the Saints are offering more than $18 million per year in contract talks with unsigned franchise player Drew Brees.PFT's Mike Florio suggests the figure is "possibly closer to $19 million," while Brees is asking for less than $21 million. ESPN's Ed Werder reported Tuesday that the sides were roughly $2 million-per-year apart, which aligns with Florio's story. Tom Brady's September 2010 extension paid him $18M annually. Peyton Manning's year-to-year deal in Denver can be worth $19.2M per season. The numbers passed along by PFT make the Saints' offer seem pretty darn fair. Jun 6 - 12:03 AM

Year averages are nice and all, but guaranteed money is where the sticking point is at I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed 06.06.2012, 12:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17975
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:

Year averages are nice and all, but guaranteed money is where the sticking point is at I'm sure.

I think that is the sticking point. Brees is asking for either the 22 mill or a record setting Gar money figure. Either way this is more of a battle of owners vs. union vs CBA then Brees and the saints. Owners have to be in collusion to keep gar money down because the nature of the sport. Players are seeking to increase gar money because the nature of the sport.

Then the idiot de marcia opens his mouth once and a while. I think agents are the ones running the show for the players union more then per say the union itself.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 04:41 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 657
Donate
nfllogo.gif
So if Brees does not get his $22m and just suppose he does he becomes available,how many teams do you think would be willing to take him on at that price?
he wants $22m the team offer $19m,surely something can get down from there,but personally i think Brees is being a little greedy.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 05:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36378
Donate
car.gif
swindon61uk wrote:
So if Brees does not get his $22m and just suppose he does he becomes available,how many teams do you think would be willing to take him on at that price?
he wants $22m the team offer $19m,surely something can get down from there,but personally i think Brees is being a little greedy.

We don't know the years offered either or how much is guaranteed. I'd bet those are more important than whether it's $19M or $21M per year.

And for the record, we'd all be greedy when it's probably the last contract we'll ever get and if we had an ego that told us we were the best QB in the game.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 05:48 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 657
Donate
nfllogo.gif
[quote="pwbowen"][quote="swindon61uk"]So if Brees does not get his $22m and just suppose he does he becomes available,how many teams do you think would be willing to take him on at that price?
he wants $22m the team offer $19m,surely something can get down from there,but personally i think Brees is being a little greedy.[/quote]

We don't know the years offered either or how much is guaranteed. I'd bet those are more important than whether it's $19M or $21M per year.

And for the record, we'd all be greedy when it's probably the last contract we'll ever get and if we had an ego that told us we were the best QB in the game.[/quote]
True the years would be interesting to know,as for your last sentence, i kind of agree but i think you also have to be careful not to cut your nose off with an offer like this .
Brady signed five year $78.5m extension in 2010 so i think the Saints have made a good offer but like i said i kinda agree with what you are saying :Drink)

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 07:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55666
Donate
chi.gif
I think too one of the things that agents realize but I haven't seen get a lot of media coverage is that, while the salary cap remains the same, a significantly smaller percentage is going to rookies. Because of that, veteran contracts will rise simply as a function of more money going towards re-signing.

So while Brees might look greedy holding out for more than Manning or Brady, the reality is he should certainly get more than Manning with his injury question marks, and he's signing at a time where the pot is just bigger for veterans.

I think what he's asking for is probably fair and comparable to what other elite QBs have gotten, given the change in the veteran contract landscape.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 08:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
swindon61uk wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
swindon61uk wrote:

And for the record, we'd all be greedy when it's probably the last contract we'll ever get and if we had an ego that told us we were the best QB in the game.

True the years would be interesting to know,as for your last sentence, i kind of agree but i think you also have to be careful not to cut your nose off with an offer like this .
Brady signed five year $78.5m extension in 2010 so i think the Saints have made a good offer but like i said i kinda agree with what you are saying :Drink)

This has already been discussed, but what brady signed for 2 years ago isnt as relevent right now. Its a starting point, but salaries go up every year. Its part of the reason that a rookie salary cap was installed so the veterans can get more. Take into account that brees played for 12 million a year for 6 years and was easily under market value. Lets also remember that the salary cap goes up every year, 2 million difference really makes very little difference as far as the cap is concerned. add in the little cavet that the owners and the way the rules are set up made the qb position even more important than its been in the past.

Every year this happen someone asks for a little more than everybody thinks they should get, and said player eventually gets it. This year its brady, in the next couple years we will someone like cam or rodgers ask for a little more than brees. Its the way it works.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 08:41 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
I think too one of the things that agents realize but I haven't seen get a lot of media coverage is that, while the salary cap remains the same, a significantly smaller percentage is going to rookies. Because of that, veteran contracts will rise simply as a function of more money going towards re-signing.

So while Brees might look greedy holding out for more than Manning or Brady, the reality is he should certainly get more than Manning with his injury question marks, and he's signing at a time where the pot is just bigger for veterans.

I think what he's asking for is probably fair and comparable to what other elite QBs have gotten, given the change in the veteran contract landscape.

yeppers

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

yeppers

Fine Breasel can be allowed to be greedy with a free pass on this one but he has to agree to shut the eff up with the " I want an explanation" BS. I just hope what ever he signs for its enough to afford a kleenex to wipe that poop off his cheek

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

yeppers

Fine Breasel can be allowed to be greedy with a free pass on this one but he has to agree to shut the eff up with the " I want an explanation" BS. I just hope what ever he signs for its enough to afford a kleenex to wipe that poop off his cheek

I didnt really read much of the other thread about the bounty thing in NO, I agree with you, but why wont the NFL show the evidence they have against the Saints?

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:32 

Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

yeppers

I didnt really read much of the other thread about the bounty thing in NO, I agree with you, but why wont the NFL show the evidence they have against the Saints?

Supposedly they will after the grievance hearings

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

yeppers

Supposedly they will after the grievance hearings

I am willing to bet the whistle blower is a major part of the evidence. Thus why the nfl released the affidavit Hargrove signed.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 18:01 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
As to Brees, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com reports that the NFLPA recently has asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to explore whether the Saints are acting in good faith with respect to the Brees contract talks. Per La Canfora, some within the union believe Brees’ efforts last year in connection with the labor deal “might be held against him.” The union reportedly will file unfair labor practice charges, if the NFL does not investigate the situation.

So, the Saints have to broach the $3 million divide (whatever the real number is) to avoid unfair labor practice charges???? GTFO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next