User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,223.14
DMC is one of many RBs with huge question marks around him this year. So if you happen to be the guy that gambles on him, who does the tank like when Run DMC goes down?

Notice I said 'when he goes down' because it is essentially inevitable considering his track record.

Mike Goodson?
Taiwan Jones?
Lonyae Miller?

Any and all thoughts appreciated. :thumbright:
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 34454
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 1,132.33
This has the makings of one of the most brittle running back tandems in the league.

Training camp and the pre-season will determine the answer to your question. Forced to pick now, I guess Goodson.
Megalodon
Posts: 10291
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 46,605.94
jdferguson07 wrote:Mike Goodson?
Taiwan Jones?
Lonyae Miller?
:


Definitely not Miller.

50-50 for now, though coaches obviously liked Goodson enough to trade for him. It can come down to who can pass-protect better.

Dont forget the scenario of M Reese making a few plays or Raiders signing a vet back in the case of a McFadden setback.

Can we all just wish for a best case scenario of McFadden staying healthy all season long? He is due for one at some point, and it's always fun to root for the underdog. :roll:
_______________________________________

The Raiders new solar system to power up their offense: DC to AC.
Great White Shark
Posts: 7282
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010
Sand$: 14,837.86
R2000 wrote:Can we all just wish for a best case scenario of McFadden staying healthy all season long? He is due for one at some point, and it's always fun to root for the underdog. :roll:

I'll agree with you on that one.

If McFadden could stay healthy for a season..... he'd be the #1 RB in all of fantasy.
Megalodon
Posts: 10291
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 46,605.94
jnadke wrote:
R2000 wrote:Can we all just wish for a best case scenario of McFadden staying healthy all season long? He is due for one at some point, and it's always fun to root for the underdog. :roll:

I'll agree with you on that one.

If McFadden could stay healthy for a season..... he'd be the #1 RB in all of fantasy.


Not sure about the #1 part, but think he would definitely be in the top 3 RB mix. Still, he would need at the least a couple of injury free seasons (or atleast 14+ active games) to shed the injury-prone label.

But, we are probably diverging from the topic at hand. :oops:
_______________________________________

The Raiders new solar system to power up their offense: DC to AC.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16151
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 34,985.72
My vote is Goodson and I picked him up in a recent draft so that ensures the backup will be Jones or somebody not on the team yet :(
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=329576
10th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
Megalodon
Posts: 10291
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 46,605.94
625james wrote:My vote is Goodson and I picked him up in a recent draft so that ensures the backup will be Jones or somebody not on the team yet :(


So, you are saying that knowing your vote is very useful, as an example of what not to do? :roll:

In that case, please make sure that you draft the same set of players as much as possible, if you participate in an excessive number of leagues. I do not want to be forced to pick up JJ Stokes caliber players in every league to avoid potential mishaps. :P
_______________________________________

The Raiders new solar system to power up their offense: DC to AC.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16151
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 34,985.72
R2000 wrote:
625james wrote:My vote is Goodson and I picked him up in a recent draft so that ensures the backup will be Jones or somebody not on the team yet :(


So, you are saying that knowing your vote is very useful, as an example of what not to do? :roll:

In that case, please make sure that you draft the same set of players as much as possible, if you participate in an excessive number of leagues. I do not want to be forced to pick up JJ Stokes caliber players in every league to avoid potential mishaps. :P

I may have to join 12, 12 team leagues so I can draft every first rounder :icon_mrgreen:
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=329576
10th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 66770
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 305,031.95
im thinking jones but its still too early to tell so its all a risk if you are drafting now...
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28083
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 38,412.26
do you play it safe or do you swing for the fences?

safe: goodson

HR: jones


i tend to swing for the fences in these scenarious
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44623
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,525.70
R2000 wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:Mike Goodson?
Taiwan Jones?
Lonyae Miller?
:


Definitely not Miller.

50-50 for now, though coaches obviously liked Goodson enough to trade for him. It can come down to who can pass-protect better.

Dont forget the scenario of M Reese making a few plays or Raiders signing a vet back in the case of a McFadden setback.

Can we all just wish for a best case scenario of McFadden staying healthy all season long? He is due for one at some point, and it's always fun to root for the underdog. :roll:


Well, they traded a guy that they probably were going to cut to Carolina for a guy they were going to cut, right?

Goodson is Clifford Franklin. You can't play in the league laying the ball on the ground.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Megalodon
Posts: 10291
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007
Sand$: 46,605.94
EZV was right about TC determining their fates. Considering all three players health, injuries and health too. :F

pw: Not saying Goodson is great, or that McKenzie/Allen made a great move. Far from it, but considering that Raiders chose to go with Goodson and not pursue other options available on the market (atleast so far), it says something for Goodson.

Reese signed his tender as well. He should be good for a few as well.

As I said earlier, let's all just hope/pray for McFadden's good health. Best solution to this thread's question is to make the question irrelevant. :lol:
_______________________________________

The Raiders new solar system to power up their offense: DC to AC.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 34454
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 1,132.33
getdownmmmkay wrote:do you play it safe or do you swing for the fences?

safe: goodson

HR: jones


i tend to swing for the fences in these scenarious


I'm betting both of those strike out
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44623
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,525.70
endzoneview wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:do you play it safe or do you swing for the fences?

safe: goodson

HR: jones


i tend to swing for the fences in these scenarious


I'm betting both of those strike out


Probably, but the cost for Jones should be around the Kicker round, shouldn't it?
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44623
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,525.70
R2000 wrote:EZV was right about TC determining their fates. Considering all three players health, injuries and health too. :F

pw: Not saying Goodson is great, or that McKenzie/Allen made a great move. Far from it, but considering that Raiders chose to go with Goodson and not pursue other options available on the market (atleast so far), it says something for Goodson.

Reese signed his tender as well. He should be good for a few as well.

As I said earlier, let's all just hope/pray for McFadden's good health. Best solution to this thread's question is to make the question irrelevant. :lol:


They got Goodson for a bag of beans. He was cheaper than even bringing someone in off the street. I view the lineman the Panthers got the same. Neither team had to do anything to get someone to at least try out. I think you're reading in something for Goodson that might not really be there from the Front Office. Other options such as Hillis, Green-Ellis, Bush, Benson, Tolbert were going to cost too much. There's very little else of any value at all.

If Goodson can go Tiki on the fumbles, he'll be an asset for sure, both in the run game and the return game.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 8 guests