FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 10.21.2014, 13:21

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next
PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 12:34 

Sand$: 49105
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com reports Maurice Jones-Drew's absence from the Jaguars' voluntary minicamp is related to his desire for a new contract.
Jones-Drew has reportedly been pushing for a new deal for the past couple of months. While he still has two years left on the contract he signed in 2009, MJD isn't happy to be just the eighth-highest paid back in the NFL after leading the league in rushing last season. Considering the relatively short shelf-life of the position, it's hard to fault Jones-Drew for trying to strike while the iron is hot. There are no indications that the Jags plan to rip up his old contract.

It's only voluntary minicamp but it something we should monitor.

MJD has two years remaining on his current deal - 2012: $4.45 million, 2013: $4.95 million,

Last edited by endzoneview on Sun 09.02.2012, 10:39, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 12:43 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2344
Donate
cin.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com reports Maurice Jones-Drew's absence from the Jaguars' voluntary minicamp is related to his desire for a new contract.
Jones-Drew has reportedly been pushing for a new deal for the past couple of months. While he still has two years left on the contract he signed in 2009, MJD isn't happy to be just the eighth-highest paid back in the NFL after leading the league in rushing last season. Considering the relatively short shelf-life of the position, it's hard to fault Jones-Drew for trying to strike while the iron is hot. There are no indications that the Jags plan to rip up his old contract.

MJD has two years remaining on his current deal - 2012: $4.45 million, 2013: $4.95 million,

I would argue he warrants to get paid before Forte...not really sure why I feel/think that way...just the first thing that popped into my head for some reason.

QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DST/2DL/4LB/3DB

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 12:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36444
Donate
car.gif
woody1570 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

I would argue he warrants to get paid before Forte...not really sure why I feel/think that way...just the first thing that popped into my head for some reason.

I don't see it. This team isn't going to be challenging for a playoff spot this year and those knees of MJD should be a major concern for anyone thinking of extending a deal for him.

I'd say MJD is SOL.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 13:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55121
Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
woody1570 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

I don't see it. This team isn't going to be challenging for a playoff spot this year and those knees of MJD should be a major concern for anyone thinking of extending a deal for him.

I'd say MJD is SOL.

Absolutely agree.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 13:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17981
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
I hope they pay him just to see steam come out of Forte's ears.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 14:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55666
Donate
chi.gif
badgasman9 wrote:

I hope they cut him and the Bears sign him as a backup.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 15:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38878
Donate
pit.gif
woody1570 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

I disagree, forte has gotten his next contract yet, while MJD has actually been pulling down some money the past couple years.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 15:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 730
Donate
was.gif
So all the sudden, the devalued RBs in the rookie drafts become valued.
That's it!, merge all the RB threads so we can sort this out in one location!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 15:20 

Donate
nyj.gif
stuffedcrust3meat wrote:
That's it!, merge all the RB threads so we can sort this out in one location!! :lol:

I honestly thought about making just a big RB holdout thread. Then decided to just make one for Forte and one for Rice later when some news broke. Then MJD through his hat into the ring.

PostPosted: Tue 04.17.2012, 15:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 730
Donate
was.gif
endzoneview wrote:
stuffedcrust3meat wrote:

I honestly thought about making just a big RB holdout thread. Then decided to just make one for Forte and one for Rice later when some news broke. Then MJD through his hat into the ring.

I like MJD alot (see sig)....but man, you signed the contract, play it out and then go to the highest bidder.....enough of this wanting new deal garbage in the middle of your old deal. Maybe these guys should think about signing shorter deals instead of longer ones; since they always want a new one 2 yrs later anyway. Just make them all 2yr fully guaranteed money; then when they all want 20mil each, they'll find out they only have 6 guys per team and cant play anyway.......

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 13:18 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Jaguars GM Gene Smith stated clearly Monday that the team has no intention of meeting Maurice Jones-Drew's contract demands.
Smith says the Jags haven't even entertained it with MJD's agent. "He has expressed that he would like to renegotiate and we have expressed, again, that we feel he has a contract with two years left," Smith said. "And we expect him to fulfill those obligations." Jones-Drew is owed a $4.45 million salary in 2012. The Jaguars can fine him if he skips this week's mandatory minicamp.

Quote:
The Jaguars can fine Maurice Jones-Drew up to $60,000 if he misses the Jaguars' upcoming mandatory minicamp.
"That's a decision that certainly is the head coach's decision, and I would support that," GM Gene Smith said

Sounds like the battle lines are being drawn down there in Jacksonville

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 13:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7911
Donate
jax.gif
endzoneview wrote:

Not really. MJD has no leverage. He will come in sooner than later and play.

Maybe if he puts up another very good yr, Jags will consider extending contract, but with 2 yrs left on it he has not choice but to get in and play hard.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 13:41 

Donate
nyj.gif
hankrip wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Not really. MJD has no leverage. He will come in sooner than later and play.

Maybe if he puts up another very good yr, Jags will consider extending contract, but with 2 yrs left on it he has not choice but to get in and play hard.

MJD may have no leverage but to get ridiculously fined but when the GM comes out and says "we expect him to finish his contract and the coaches will decide when to fine him", that most certainty sounds like a GM taking things public and spelling it out to MJD and his agent where they stand. I consider that a battle line, but you can call it what you wish.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 13:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13894
Donate
atl.gif
I understand the business side of things but if one guy deserved some kind of extention on merit alone it would be MJD. He's carried this team for years and at times this team hasn't been competitive at all and on days down right embarrassing and not once have you heard a peep out of the man. No pissing and moaning, guy just put his helmet on and put up numbers week after week. Don't like the GM is drawing lines here with the best damn player on the team. Pick your battles wisely bro. And you guys know I'm a huge MJD guy so I'm probably coming across with a little bias here.

PostPosted: Mon 06.11.2012, 14:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 117823
Donate
min.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:

I hope they cut him and the Bears sign him as a backup.
Chester Taylor V2.0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1235 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 83  Next