User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
frogs or locusts? :neutral:

Oregon man diagnosed with "black death" plague

(CBS News) Oregon health officials believe a man in a Bend hospital has been infected with the "black death" plague, a bacterial infection that affects the blood stream.

According to The Oregonian, the man became ill with the bubonic plague - the cause of the "black death" - after he was bitten on the hand by a stray cat while trying to get a mouse out of its mouth. As of Tuesday, he was listed in critical condition at St. Charles Medical Center-Bend, and his family was given preventative medication. He marks the fifth case discovered in Oregon since 1995.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57452519-10391704/oregon-man-diagnosed-with-black-death-plague/
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29181
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 60,342.73
At least it wasn't another zombie.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15980
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 12,709.65
sjswarm?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35343
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 145,485.56
Trying to get a mouse out of a stray cats mouth?
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29181
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004
Sand$: 60,342.73
birddog wrote:Trying to get a mouse out of a stray cats mouth?


Seems legit.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20741
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006
Sand$: 11,383.00
Griffimo wrote:At least it wasn't another zombie.

Give it a few days...
_______________________________________

Carry me down to the Perfume River
Where I’ll drown my sorrows, and I’ll die in hope
... to the swirls and eddies of the Perfume River
In these dark and muddied waters just let me float


Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn:slug:
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9731
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006
Sand$: 21,234.36
jstr2112 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:At least it wasn't another zombie.

Give it a few days...


yeah he has to die first. Then this shyte will get real
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17409
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 38,598.56
Ahh, nothing to see here. Prolly deserved it anyway.
_______________________________________

RIP David Bowie.

*Dyno$ (10-4; Bye, W, W: CHAMPS!)
*Deathmatch (9-3; W, L), *Wall (9-4; Bye, L), *HoP (9-4; W, L), *Uber (8-5; W, L)
FSNFL (9-7), P&B (4-10), College (2-8)
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27026
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 3,741.60
The BlueBeards wrote:Ahh, nothing to see here. Prolly deserved it anyway.



This Planet is long overdue a 'cleansing'.
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27026
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 3,741.60
The BlueBeards wrote:Ahh, nothing to see here. Prolly deserved it anyway.



This Planet is long overdue a 'cleansing'.
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17409
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 38,598.56
Nothing a pocket full of posies can't handle.
_______________________________________

RIP David Bowie.

*Dyno$ (10-4; Bye, W, W: CHAMPS!)
*Deathmatch (9-3; W, L), *Wall (9-4; Bye, L), *HoP (9-4; W, L), *Uber (8-5; W, L)
FSNFL (9-7), P&B (4-10), College (2-8)
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17409
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 38,598.56
5XChamps wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:Ahh, nothing to see here. Prolly deserved it anyway.



This Planet is long overdue a 'cleansing'.



Clearing out about 6.5 billion would solve a lot of issues.
_______________________________________

RIP David Bowie.

*Dyno$ (10-4; Bye, W, W: CHAMPS!)
*Deathmatch (9-3; W, L), *Wall (9-4; Bye, L), *HoP (9-4; W, L), *Uber (8-5; W, L)
FSNFL (9-7), P&B (4-10), College (2-8)
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25361
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$: 19,898.90
Usually about 10-15 cases of bubonic plague a year in the US.

In the United States, the last urban plague epidemic occurred in Los Angeles in 1924-25. Since then, human plague in the United States has occurred as mostly scattered cases in rural areas (an average of 10 to 15 persons each year). Globally, the World Health Organization reports 1,000 to 3,000 cases of plague every year.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/plague/
_______________________________________

lousylions wrote:How did you like it in the end Conan?



Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17102
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 73,150.02
1) just another reason to hate cats.


2) people who think the world needs a cleansing, good smoke a joint, get an ice cream sandwich, and cheer the Fuk up. Geez.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4800
Joined: Mon Sep 5, 2005
Sand$: 9,105.00
jokerswild1130 wrote:Usually about 10-15 cases of bubonic plague a year in the US.

In the United States, the last urban plague epidemic occurred in Los Angeles in 1924-25. Since then, human plague in the United States has occurred as mostly scattered cases in rural areas (an average of 10 to 15 persons each year). Globally, the World Health Organization reports 1,000 to 3,000 cases of plague every year.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/plague/


cool, so it's normal. all the crazy stuff going on in the world... all normal! thanks joker. please keep supplying us with teh official gov stats... it helps us all to sleep better at night :thumbright:
_______________________________________

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agenda42 and 2 guests