FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 07.26.2014, 00:06

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Chargers WRs
PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 03:06 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1617
Donate
oak.gif
I kept on wondering why everybody is sleeping on Rivers this year, so I went to check out the roster to see who his receivers are. Am I missing something or is his receiving core worse than the redskins core from last year? I looked at espn.com. Is the roster page some kind of sick joke or is that really his group of WRs? I noticed there are some rookies. Are those guys good?

Post subject: Re: Chargers WRs
PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 05:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14745
Donate
icehouse wrote:
I kept on wondering why everybody is sleeping on Rivers this year, so I went to check out the roster to see who his receivers are. Am I missing something or is his receiving core worse than the redskins core from last year? I looked at espn.com. Is the roster page some kind of sick joke or is that really his group of WRs? I noticed there are some rookies. Are those guys good?

People arent down on Rivers because of his WRs. At least not imho, but im only speaking for me.

Yeah, i agree VJax > anyone else on the roster, but i also think the receiving corps as a whole and a unit is much better than its been in a while.

Its moot, regardless. Gates has another season, maybe two in the tank and between Meachem, Brown and (more importantly) Mathews i dont think Rivers is struggling for receiving options in any way, shape or form.

I think ppl are mainly down on him based on his poor performance last year by his usually high standards. Especially given that there has been little to no explainations given. He categorically denies he wasnt injured, the OL mightve played a part but cant be wholly accountable for all those mistakes. Rivers himself has just shrugged it off as "one of those things".

His Wrs are fine and im expecting him to be closer to his usual production. Id be happier to know exactly what happened to him, but given his overwhelming body of work vs one bad year, im okay with grabbing him later than hes usually been avilable in preceeding yrs especially given how wide the pool of productive Qbs is this year.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 07:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39002
Donate
pit.gif
icehouse wrote:

4700+ yards 30 tds and 13 ints without jackson in 2010, not sure what the problem is here. I dont see this group bad enough to warrant this post, not even close.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 07:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32902
Donate
car.gif
icehouse wrote:

I'd take the Chargers corp over the Jags, Vikings, Seahawks, Rams, Niners, and Dolphins corps right now.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 08:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 10025
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
I'd take the Chargers corp over the Jags, Vikings, Seahawks, Rams, Niners, and Dolphins corps right now.

Agree.

When looking at Chargers on the receiving end of Rivers passes, you have to take Gates and Matthews into consideration so the lack of VJax in the mix doesn't concern me all that much when I look at if and when to draft him.

I like how you didn't even bother listing the Browns receiving corps in your post. Some things are simply too obvious to even bother posting. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 09:06 

Sand$: 95051
Donate
Rivers primary weapons rarely practiced last season, I think that played a large part in the struggles. They were nowhere near 100% most of the season and there was never an opportunity to build chemistry.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 09:35 

Sand$: 46801
Donate
nyj.gif
Rivers never seemed comfortable last year, I'm still not convinced he was 100%.

I don't see any Chargers receivers having stand alone fantasy value like VJAX had but Rivers is going to have plenty of adequate receivers to spread the ball around to. Meachem, Floyd, Vincent Brown, Eddie Royal. No #1 WR but four #2's, could be a lot worse

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 11:14 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 550
Donate
I love Vincent Brown this year to emerge as Rivers #1 target by mid season. I would have no problem with Rivers as my #1 QB. I think he will have a really good year. A healthy Matthews will help his cause.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 11:22 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1617
Donate
oak.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
icehouse wrote:

People arent down on Rivers because of his WRs. At least not imho, but im only speaking for me.

Yeah, i agree VJax > anyone else on the roster, but i also think the receiving corps as a whole and a unit is much better than its been in a while.

Its moot, regardless. Gates has another season, maybe two in the tank and between Meachem, Brown and (more importantly) Mathews i dont think Rivers is struggling for receiving options in any way, shape or form.

I think ppl are mainly down on him based on his poor performance last year by his usually high standards. Especially given that there has been little to no explainations given. He categorically denies he wasnt injured, the OL mightve played a part but cant be wholly accountable for all those mistakes. Rivers himself has just shrugged it off as "one of those things".

His Wrs are fine and im expecting him to be closer to his usual production. Id be happier to know exactly what happened to him, but given his overwhelming body of work vs one bad year, im okay with grabbing him later than hes usually been avilable in preceeding yrs especially given how wide the pool of productive Qbs is this year.

I thought last year he was dealing with injured receivers the whole time. Didn't he have a new WR lineup every week?

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 11:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
QBs make the WR 99% of the time, not the other way around. I trust Rivers to make 1 maybe 2 of his WR's FF values in 12'

I will likely take a shot at Floyd,Meachem, and even V.Brown at their current ADPs in my leagues.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 12:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4587
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
icehouse wrote:

more like a dolphin's corpse at this point.

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 14:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9926
Donate
sf.gif
SonOfDad wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
icehouse wrote:

more like a dolphin's corpse at this point.

...but they have Ochocinco/Johnson now! Everything is good in Miami!

PostPosted: Thu 06.21.2012, 16:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 32352
Donate
det.gif
i'll probably be looking at floyd, as i have a feeling he'll have the lowest ADP. why, i have no clue.

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 00:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14364
Donate
oak.gif
i like m.floyd as well to emerge if he can stay healthy fr cry sakes !!!

PostPosted: Fri 06.22.2012, 09:33 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1568
Donate
too crowded for my liking for FF purposes. rivers has plenty of talent to work with IMO.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next