FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 14:17

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Randall Cobb
PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 05:16 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 606
Donate
I have been hearing some buzz on Cobb and was curious as the what packer followers think of him. The owner in my league has him (Dynasty) but he finished dead last and would probably be open to a deal. He picks #2 overall and I was thinking of a package of Cruz (who I feel could never duplicate last year) for Cobb and the #2 overall. I have a lot of depth at WR (Welker, Julio Jones, AJ, A. Brown, V. Brown and Maclin) so I can lose Cruz and not feel it too much.

Any thoughts? Can Cobb be a 8 TD WR with upside?

Post subject: Re: Randall Cobb
PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 06:30 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 4870
Donate
Wpob wrote:
I have been hearing some buzz on Cobb and was curious as the what packer followers think of him. The owner in my league has him (Dynasty) but he finished dead last and would probably be open to a deal. He picks #2 overall and I was thinking of a package of Cruz (who I feel could never duplicate last year) for Cobb and the #2 overall. I have a lot of depth at WR (Welker, Julio Jones, AJ, A. Brown, V. Brown and Maclin) so I can lose Cruz and not feel it too much.

I think Cobb can be that guy...I don't think he'll be that guy this year. I see him having pretty big fantasy value a year or two out.

Given your WR situation, though, it seems like that would be a great deal for you if you can get him to bite. You'll be able to grab a great QB or RB out of the draft with the #2.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 07:33 
Tiger Shark

Donate
plarossa wrote:
Wpob wrote:

I think Cobb can be that guy...I don't think he'll be that guy this year. I see him having pretty big fantasy value a year or two out.

Given your WR situation, though, it seems like that would be a great deal for you if you can get him to bite. You'll be able to grab a great QB or RB out of the draft with the #2.

The owner picking #1 overall already said "ink me in for Richardson" so barring injury, Richardson will be gone leaving me all other rookies and some decent veterans.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 07:37 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 4870
Donate
Wpob wrote:
plarossa wrote:
Wpob wrote:

The owner picking #1 overall already said "ink me in for Richardson" so barring injury, Richardson will be gone leaving me all other rookies and some decent veterans.

Yeah, I figured Richardson would go first...and I think most people would think me crazy for thinking of Doug Martin before luck/griffin, but I guess it depends on what your RB/QB roster looks like. I definitely look at Martin in the conversation in spots 2-4.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 08:27 
Tiger Shark

Donate
plarossa wrote:
Wpob wrote:
plarossa wrote:
Wpob wrote:

Yeah, I figured Richardson would go first...and I think most people would think me crazy for thinking of Doug Martin before luck/griffin, but I guess it depends on what your RB/QB roster looks like. I definitely look at Martin in the conversation in spots 2-4.

martin would be my choice at #2. I also have the #6 pick. Eli and Matt Ryan are my QBs. My guess for my draft would be:
Richardson
Martin (me with the trade)
Blackmon (need pick)
Luck/RGIII
Floyd (Same owner at #1 picks 4 and 5 so can't see him taking two QBs)
Luck/RGIII - whovever is left. (me)

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 10:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Wpob wrote:

Your asking packers fans what they think about one of there guys. Chit man pack fans think AJ Hawk is the best ISLB in the game. James Starks is the next AD. Consort another source is probably your best option here.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 11:51 
Chum

Sand$: 140
Donate
I would be shocked if Blackmon went third there.

Need picking is terrible strategy obv.

So I don't see how he does not take Luck and fist pump.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 11:52 
Tiger Shark

Donate
badgasman9 wrote:
Wpob wrote:

Your asking packers fans what they think about one of there guys. Chit man pack fans think AJ Hawk is the best ISLB in the game. James Starks is the next AD. Consort another source is probably your best option here.

I am assuming there are not only Packer fans on this board! And yes, i know what happens when you assume.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 11:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 675
Donate
gb.gif
badgasman9 wrote:

I've never said Hawk was anything but an average LB, but I have said that Starks is a decent risk as your 3rd or 4th RB considering his draft position.

As far as Cobb goes, i agree that he's a year or two away from making a substantial impact. There's already been talk that James Jones could be traded, and Driver only has about a year left in him. The WR logjam could thin out in a hurry leading to more opportunities for Cobb. If you can afford to get him and sit on him it will be worth it in the long run.

EDIT; BTW, I agree that Cruz won't duplicate last years numbers.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 13:13 
Tiger Shark

Donate
Donttellmywife wrote:

He has Drew Brees and his backup is Flacco. Luck is a better pick but how ofter will he play him? His WR are thin and old (Colston, S. Moss, Steve Smith). QB is not a need position for him/

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 13:18 
Chum

Sand$: 140
Donate
Wpob wrote:
Donttellmywife wrote:

He has Drew Brees and his backup is Flacco. Luck is a better pick but how ofter will he play him? His WR are thin and old (Colston, S. Moss, Steve Smith). QB is not a need position for him/

Trade Brees and Flacco then. Taking Blackmon at #3 is just bad.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 13:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12682
Donate
gb.gif
Wpob wrote:

No, not this year. Maybe in 1 or 2 years in dynasty.

Driver is still in the picture. And so is Finley.

If you're a return yardage league, then maybe. But for now, he's WR depth only. Now, if there's 1 or 2 injuries, and Jones gets traded, then we're talking.

GB has a tendency to let guys walk. So it depends on the outcome of Jenning's eventual contract talks as to his dynasty value. I see Jordy Nelson as a guy they're interested in long-term.

Last edited by jnadke on Wed 06.27.2012, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 13:26 

Sand$: 48084
Donate
nyj.gif
jnadke wrote:
Wpob wrote:

If you're a return yardage league, then maybe. But for now, he's WR depth only. Now, if there's 1 or 2 injuries, and Jones gets traded, then we're talking.

pretty much sums it up

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 14:17 
Tiger Shark

Donate
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Wpob wrote:

pretty much sums it up

Thanks guys. I'll pass on making the deal then.

PostPosted: Wed 06.27.2012, 14:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Wpob wrote:

pretty much sums it up

Finley is the larger reason. Pack has no use for a slot WR right now and that is what Cobb is. I don't ever see his days of a WR2 in GB. I will be curious once finely leaves if they start using a slot across the middle. Speed vs size.