Adrian Peterson - Free Agent

Megalodon
Sand$: 53,611.66
endzoneview wrote:Guys, you're just going to have to accept the fact that AP's fantasy days are over. He was the greatest running back of our generation but Purple Jesus is not walking through that door again.

IF he signs anywhere, it will be part of a committee where he'll get most of his opportunities at the goal line or closing games out. Good luck figuring that out in fantasy.

But I don't want to accept it. I want to see that door open up and see that caped superhero again. ;)

Sig by NJ. The greatest shark ever.
Megalodon
Sand$: 14,595.82
endzoneview wrote:Guys, you're just going to have to accept the fact that AP's fantasy days are over. He was the greatest running back of our generation but Purple Jesus is not walking through that door again.

IF he signs anywhere, it will be part of a committee where his team tries to find ways to manage his reps and keep him healthy for the playoffs. Good luck figuring that out in fantasy.

Crazy talk belongs in those political threads in the General section. :lol:

I think there's a chance you're spot on but I'd wager your assessment is 1 year premature.

Nevertheless it's a fair reminder to lead with your head and not your heart when making FF decisions.

Megalodon
Sand$: 53,207.24
IMO, he'd be a great fit on the Patriots as a Blount replacement as a 2-down pounding back. However, after signing Burkhead, I think the Patriots are done making signings at that position.

Also, I'm sure Peterson wants more than the Patriots would be willing to offer. Moot point really.

Best landing spot for him is still Oakland. He might be asking for $7-9M, but there is no way he should get it as a 32 year old RB with injury issues, off-the-field issues, not good in pass protection and offers almost nothing in the passing game.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,492.06
Jcb890 wrote:IMO, he'd be a great fit on the Patriots as a Blount replacement as a 2-down pounding back. However, after signing Burkhead, I think the Patriots are done making signings at that position.

Also, I'm sure Peterson wants more than the Patriots would be willing to offer. Moot point really.

Best landing spot for him is still Oakland. He might be asking for $7-9M, but there is no way he should get it as a 32 year old RB with injury issues, off-the-field issues, not good in pass protection and offers almost nothing in the passing game.

Being passed over for Rex Burkhead has gotta feel like a stick in the eye, doesn't it?

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:IMO, he'd be a great fit on the Patriots as a Blount replacement as a 2-down pounding back. However, after signing Burkhead, I think the Patriots are done making signings at that position.

Being passed over for Rex Burkhead has gotta feel like a stick in the eye, doesn't it?

Yeah, probably. I think the Patriots think Burkhead can be their "main" RB and that's why they gave him the contract they did. I don't know that I agree, but they're usually pretty smart about that kind of thing. And if it doesn't work, its still less money than they're paying Gostkowski to miss Extra Points.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,492.06
Jcb890 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Yeah, probably. I think the Patriots think Burkhead can be their "main" RB and that's why they gave him the contract they did. I don't know that I agree, but they're usually pretty smart about that kind of thing. And if it doesn't work, its still less money than they're paying Gostkowski to miss Extra Points.

It could be worse. At least it's not Gano going into fetal position whenever there's a kick that matters.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,404.26

Why not Green Bay?

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Sand$: 14,595.82
Burkhead is not an every down back and not their main back. He's a great grab for a team that game plans week to week to maximize the players they have on their roster. Makes me wonder if something is "wrong" with Lewis.

NEP will still add a GLB....James Connor or someone like him via the draft perhaps or maybe resign Blount or even DWill.

Megalodon
Sand$: 21,798.58
sctroyfan wrote:

Why not Green Bay?

Not the ideal fit. A back that can pass block and catch passes out of the backfield would be best there.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 18,175.30
im thinking the marshawn lynch rumors in oakland are designed to bring adrian peterson in to oakland at a cheaper price,oakland is one of the last places left that has a top 3 oline to run behind and is a contender
Megalodon
jesteva wrote:Burkhead is not an every down back and not their main back. He's a great grab for a team that game plans week to week to maximize the players they have on their roster. Makes me wonder if something is "wrong" with Lewis.

NEP will still add a GLB....James Connor or someone like him via the draft perhaps or maybe resign Blount or even DWill.

I think the Burkhead signing spells the end of Blount's tenure here. He doesn't need to be an every down back with James White and Dion Lewis in the mix though. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't sign any more RBs and have Burkhead be the GL back. They may draft an RB but they still also have Jabar Gaffney who they like for some reason.

Sand$: 9,968.08
They can always sign Blount after Week 1
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:They can always sign Blount after Week 1

They can, it has just seemed like since the end of the season Blount has been ready to move on. However, I have a feeling he's not going to get much for offers from other teams... so perhaps he does come back on a cheap deal again.

Megalodon
Sand$: 21,798.58
Has Peterson even visited any teams other than Seattle?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 65,727.98

proudly all hat and no cattle since 1979