Browns trade for Brock Osweiler

Great White Shark
Sand$: 11,446.46
OarChambo wrote:I think expecting Cody to be the guy is setting everyone up for disappointment. I think he showed he can be a good backup, if he can stay on the field. That's the ceiling though.

Brock as the 3 is a setup for a toxic room, especially if the other guys aren't any good/young. He'd be best off ending up behind an obvious veteran starter like Rivers or Eli. Give him a chance to reset everything mentally without any pressure.

If Brock is that combative (which honestly I was unaware of) then of course you don't want him around. I am surprised you do not think Cody will improve with the better protection next year. I thought he looked pretty good for a rookie, albeit on a bad offense. Once the o-line injuries started it got pretty ugly up there. They may be better served waiting on a QB until next year's draft, instead focusing on loading up on defensive rookies , especially in the backfield. Losing out on Jefferson hurt, and they may address that at the #12 spot.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Sand$: 105,457.98
I think the weaknesses I was concerned about when we drafted him were on display last year. He's exactly what one wants in a backup - he plays hard, prepares, and gives you a chance to win. But he isn't what one wants in a starter because that's all he is. His absolute best case is Alex Smith. Meh.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,542.62

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Sand$: 9,410.98
sctroyfan wrote:Uhoh EZV and Jetsfan

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/66ac89cd-7 ... t-for.html

:twisted:

Ha.

Well, that isn't news really, it's just some beat writer pontificating on the possibility and making me cringe by asking our GM to give Osweiler a rose. Seriously? This dude is one of the few Jets beats I don't follow on twitter.

Anywho, there are pluses and minuses for every available QB at this point.

My ranking right now is -
1. McCown - solid veteran presence that can start a game or two as the Jets flip flop between Petty and Hackenberg all year
2. Osweiler - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything last season, still young
3. Daniel - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything in the preseason
4. Cutler - bad attitude guy looking for one last paycheck who will check out by week 5
5. Kaepernick - would just be a complete waste as his skill set isn't similar to the other QB's on the roster, would waste time developing two sets of offense
Great White Shark
Sand$: 258.56
I still think there is a chance Osweiller could be a decent QB in the right system, with the right coach. A cheap flier for the Jets could prove to be the QB the Jets have been looking for seemingly forever.
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,390.20
endzoneview wrote:

Ha.

Well, that isn't news really, it's just some beat writer pontificating on the possibility and making me cringe by asking our GM to give Osweiler a rose. Seriously? This dude is one of the few Jets beats I don't follow on twitter.

1. McCown - solid veteran presence that can start a game or two as the Jets flip flop between Petty and Hackenberg all year
2. Osweiler - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything last season, still young
3. Daniel - bad attitude guy looking to prove himself after not showing anything in the preseason
4. Cutler - bad attitude guy looking for one last paycheck who will check out by week 5
5. Kaepernick - would just be a complete waste as his skill set isn't similar to the other QB's on the roster, would waste time developing two sets of offense

I'd have to imagine you want the Jets to either just stick with Petty/Hack or go with Osweiler or Cutler to ensure a good draft position for 2018.

Kaepernick or McCown could actually wind up being a plus for the team... don't want that. :D
I'll disagree. McCown is 50 years old, he will only come in as a relief pitcher once Petty/Hack fails and bridge a week until the other is ready. The Jets won't win games with him.

Kapernick led the Niners to the 2nd overall pick.

Cutler is the best of the lot and could win some games so I really don't want him. Osweiler, as bad as he has been, actually has a chance to redeem himself although that would be unlikely, especially on this team.
endzoneview wrote:

Ha.

You want McCown grooming Petty and Hack to get cut.

Rook out of the question?

Follow me @mchamberlin32
OarChambo wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Ha.

You want McCown grooming Petty and Hack to get cut.

Rook out of the question?

Petty had his chance and failed but I don't know if the Jets want to give him another shot. I hope not. In an ideal world, McCown is signed to help Hackenberg and Hack magically becomes a viable quarterback.

My belief is Mac and Bowles won't get another shot at QB. They had their chance to rehabilitate Geno, groom a mid rounder (Petty), go the grisly veteran route (Fitz) and now groom a high round QB (Hack). This is it for them. If Hack doesn't show something, everyone is fired and the Jets try to lure a competent coach with a chance to draft the QB of their choice next year.
Is Hack Mac's guy? It'll probably happen, but I don't think Bowles was ever really given a fair shake in large part because Fitz had an unexpected hot streak that was at least somewhat luck fueled.

If Bowles had a hand in drafting Hack then I won't defend him though.

Follow me @mchamberlin32
OarChambo wrote:Is Hack Mac's guy? It'll probably happen, but I don't think Bowles was ever really given a fair shake in large part because Fitz had an unexpected hot streak that was at least somewhat luck fueled.

If Bowles had a hand in drafting Hack then I won't defend him though.

Hack is 100% Mac's guy

Bowles is going to go down with the ship though, right or wrong.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,542.62
endzoneview wrote:

Ha.

Sorry, I was trolling you guys. I just don't think BO was ready for the pressure that came along with the big contract. He seemed to freeze up like he was afraid to throw the ball. When he did it seemed reluctant. Maybe a new situation with lowered expectations will help his confidence.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
sctroyfan wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Ha.

Sorry, I was trolling you guys. I just don't think BO was ready for the pressure that came along with the big contract. He seemed to freeze up like he was afraid to throw the ball. When he did it seemed reluctant. Maybe a new situation with lowered expectations will help his confidence.

Yeah, no pressure in New York :lol:

I'd take him and place my ever lowered expectations upon him.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 269.96
Does anyone know if Brock showed up for voluntary workouts today?

He's on the Browns website roster but . . .
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,217.44
Yes. He did