Megalodon
Sand$: 55,163.88
prplhz14 wrote:
bigredmachineffl wrote:Geez. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I turned the NFLN on by 10:00 AM and football for me wasn't done until midnight.

I used to be the same. Now I watch the Pats game. Other than that I normally nap in front of the TV during other games or go do something.

Wierd....... with all the football I watched last year, I didn't watch more than 10 minutes combined of Pats games. ;)

Sig by NJ. The greatest shark ever.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,939.26
as far as sunday morning pregame shows, they pretty much all suck. NFLN is a yell fest, which is a real bummer. all of them throw in those stupid skits that have nothing to do with anything. there is very little analysis. last season, i turned on the ESPN fantasy pregame show (i think it was ESPN) that would end about 5-10 minutes before noon, then turn to RZC and listen to the football music until they came on the air.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,390.20
getdownmmmkay wrote:as far as sunday morning pregame shows, they pretty much all suck. NFLN is a yell fest, which is a real bummer. all of them throw in those stupid skits that have nothing to do with anything. there is very little analysis. last season, i turned on the ESPN fantasy pregame show (i think it was ESPN) that would end about 5-10 minutes before noon, then turn to RZC and listen to the football music until they came on the air.

Oh yeah, those pre-game and post-game shows are brutal with people talking over each other, yelling and just unintelligible nonsense. The majority of the things they do with Irvin and Deion Sanders are just awful.
Megalodon
Sand$: 40,029.54
bigredmachineffl wrote:
prplhz14 wrote:
bigredmachineffl wrote:Geez. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I turned the NFLN on by 10:00 AM and football for me wasn't done until midnight.

I used to be the same. Now I watch the Pats game. Other than that I normally nap in front of the TV during other games or go do something.

Wierd....... with all the football I watched last year, I didn't watch more than 10 minutes combined of Pats games. ;)

You didnt watch the Pats beat up on the Steelers twice? :)

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,261.18
getdownmmmkay wrote:as far as sunday morning pregame shows, they pretty much all suck. NFLN is a yell fest, which is a real bummer. all of them throw in those stupid skits that have nothing to do with anything. there is very little analysis. last season, i turned on the ESPN fantasy pregame show (i think it was ESPN) that would end about 5-10 minutes before noon, then turn to RZC and listen to the football music until they came on the air.

They DO pretty much all suck. So why are all these networks paying these guys good money to yap about stuff football fans don't care about? We want to watch the goddanm game, not look and listen to you.

The NFL and everything about it is just flush with money. So the various networks are each paying 4 to 6 guys at least a million a year to blather about crap fans don't care about?

That's a pretty good gig if you're one of those blatherers.

If ya got nothing to say, don't say it.
Megalodon
Sand$: 55,163.88
prplhz14 wrote:
bigredmachineffl wrote:

You didnt watch the Pats beat up on the Steelers twice? :)

Those weren't Pats games. They were Steelers games. Horrible ones, bur Steelers games none the less. :oops: :oops:

Sig by NJ. The greatest shark ever.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 42,637.98
Jcb890 wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:i'll watch the browns vs the rams in a field goal fest. i don't give a crap. if that makes me wrong, i don't want to be right.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Righto. Whatever works for folks is cool with me. Now if it's that preseason fauxball I'll tease someone a little but if someone enjoys football as entertainment then I get it. I do think we've seen the interest level crest in the last few years and that the NFL ratings are going to come down a little. Maybe when it hits a trigger that effects ad rates the NFL might work to improve the product.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Megalodon
Sand$: 49,169.34
Elmagister wrote:
Killer Bs wrote:Alright. But I'm betting at least 80% of Americans have access to NBC and CBS. Nothing personal.

I'm just wondering why Amazon thinks football fans would rather watch a game on a small device rather than a TV screen.

More and more people are streaming. Kids these days.

I only pay for one HD cable box, but I have Amazon streaming on three TVs in my house. Not just a handheld device, you can stream Amazon Video on anything, whether game console, DVD player, smart TV or fire TV stick (if you don't have a smart TV).

Amazon Video is awesome. While I probably won't tune in to too many games this year, the fact that it will be conveniently available on Amazon makes me more likely to check it out.

Champion of HoP in 2009 and 2012.
Megalodon
Sand$: 49,169.34
Elmagister wrote:Last season was the least amount of football I've watched since I was in Germany in the army. I enjoyed the free time.

Same here, although that was partially due to football only being available on the one TV with cable, which wasn't in the kids play room. My 2 year old would sit still for maybe a quarter, so I spent most of the time watching him and not football. If I could put football on in the background while he was playing, I'd watch a lot more (although the NFL in general has faded, IMO).

Markulous wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:honestly, the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord is RZC or sunday ticket being available without a cable/satellite provider.

That used to be the same for me, but then I did the math and realized I'm paying 1500 a year for just football, which is a bit absurd IMO.

I pay $1200 a year for local channels and internet. Comcast has a monopoly, so my options are:
1- Pay <$50 for super slow internet (doesn't work for when I work from home)
2- Pay $80 for just internet
3- Pay $100 for faster internet and local channels

I've basically accepted that I'm being screwed. Only bonus is "free" HBO go. I really enjoyed when I lived near Verizon FIOS, that was better internet at a lower price.

Champion of HoP in 2009 and 2012.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 130,989.38
Jcb890 wrote:

Oh yeah, those pre-game and post-game shows are brutal with people talking over each other, yelling and just unintelligible nonsense. The majority of the things they do with Irvin and Deion Sanders are just awful.

That's the one thing I have almost cut out completely. The pre-game and post-game shows are just not worth my time anymore. If I have injury concerns for a line-up, I just check Rotoworld or the likes.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,170.52
Cyguy84 wrote:
I pay $1200 a year for local channels and internet. Comcast has a monopoly, so my options are:
1- Pay <$50 for super slow internet (doesn't work for when I work from home)
2- Pay $80 for just internet
3- Pay $100 for faster internet and local channels

I've basically accepted that I'm being screwed. Only bonus is "free" HBO go. I really enjoyed when I lived near Verizon FIOS, that was better internet at a lower price.

Yeah we kind of are if we want to go through all the proper channels to see every game. It's that or go to a bar.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 612.42
Redskins with 2 Crapazon games in a row. The 2nd one at Dallas.