FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 12.22.2014, 17:03

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 11:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2272
Donate
was.gif
Read it. Bump it. Repeat.

Douglas Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 11:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32284
Donate
oak.gif
good post man, i have been slammed for my "outside the box" approach to this game before, not so much by people in the tank (except action, who will learn to respect lamont jordan this season), but if you want to win you have to go big or go home. thats why i took portis at #4 in the feeding frenzy league. people will think you are nuts til you start winning some championships. last season was the 1st year i stopped listening to footballguys and the huddle and started doing it myself, and i had my most successful season ever...........

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 11:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11534
Donate
oak.gif
Paddler,

Thank you this was a wonderful post and a very needed if I say so myself.

I feel like an amature amongst all of the sharks in this tank and it warms my heart to know you care :)

Great Post !!!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 13110
Donate
buf.gif
i can't believe i never saw this before today...

i completely agree....

too many times i've seen advise being asked between 2 players and responses are so predictable its retarded..

start A or B?
Draft A or B?
pickup A or B?

the first person usually gives hyped up player A and some poor reasons why...

the next 10 answers are 1 word replys "player A", or "agreed" "ditto"

and i'm sitting there like "wait a minute, EVERYONE feels that way?"

my theory is its easier to agree with someone than it is to question their methods or disagree with them. therefore you have either uninformed people on here who look at someone elses rankings ( 15. player A), not the entire situation or history of a player, or people who are wusses and don't want to ruffle the feathers of a guy with 1k posts more than them...

people i caught shoot for having tiki as my #9 overall in my rankings last yr for a ppr league...and for having holmes as my #1 2 yrs ago...

and this yr i heard it for having DD as my #2 in a ppr and a #5 in a std league. sorry people i know my shoot and alot of you don't...

you guys know me i'll argue with someone for days....its my way of helping someone look at the whole situation instead of #'s they see on a sheet of paper...if i'm wrong then so be it...of course this rarely happens...get educated people and stop being puzzies...

When i see people who don't know whether to start tiki or emmitt give advise to someone who needs to start ward or mason i'm like "BUYER BEWARE!! ALERT ALERT!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:14 

Sand$: 41708
Donate
phi.gif
Absolutely inspirational. This isn't just about fantasy football gang. This could a very useful lesson for life in general. Be proactive and creative. Do something different and wild for a change of pace. Live damn it! Well at least after fantasy football drafting madness. I feel like I've been glued to my computer for the past 2-3 weeks keeping track of all my drafts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
dragonz20 wrote:
Absolutely inspirational. This isn't just about fantasy football gang. This could a very useful lesson for life in general. Be proactive and creative. Do something different and wild for a change of pace. Live damn it! Well at least after fantasy football drafting madness. I feel like I've been glued to my computer for the past 2-3 weeks keeping track of all my drafts...

i pee in the shower

??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19822
Donate
sea.gif
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:
dragonz20 wrote:

i pee in the shower

??

Hey! Me too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
Choo wrote:
dragonz20 wrote:

i pee in the shower

??

Hey! Me too!

if you are ever in illinois or i'm in wash, you down for a game of swords?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:24 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19822
Donate
sea.gif
Choo wrote:
dragonz20 wrote:

i pee in the shower

??

Hey! Me too!

Dude . . . you're on. I don't think I have played swords since . . . college. I was going to say "since I was 5," but I would be lying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
Choo wrote:
Choo wrote:
dragonz20 wrote:

i pee in the shower

??

Hey! Me too!

Dude . . . you're on. I don't think I have played swords since . . . college. I was going to say "since I was 5," but I would be lying.

I was the SWORDS belt holder on my dorm for almost a yr..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:34 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
buf.gif
Choo wrote:
Choo wrote:
dragonz20 wrote:

i pee in the shower

??

Hey! Me too!

I was the SWORDS belt holder on my dorm for almost a yr..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:41 

Sand$: 41708
Donate
phi.gif
these sharks are too wild to be cooped up in this tank! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 12:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 20910
Donate
buf.gif
Choo wrote:
Choo wrote:
dragonz20 wrote:

i pee in the shower

??

Hey! Me too!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 14:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 661
Donate
Hellofava post Pad, someone finally had the gonads to express the real deal. In fantasy football, I take everything with a grain of salt. You see, my thought is that no one knows anymore than I do...and that ain't squat! We don't know what's happening behind the sceans, we don't know when something suddenly "clicks" on a team, we don't know anything...everything we do is an educated guess, and my guess, your guess, anyone's guess is as good as the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 08.26.2005, 14:40 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 10236
Donate
cle.gif
johnnyballgame wrote:
So Paddler that was a very nice post!!!!

Using this logic I should take Akers in the First Round, Or maybe Vanderjagt. And when people question my thinking I will answer, "We need to start a Kicker, and he is the best Kicker!!!!" Hoping to starta Kicker run, so that the best WR, RB, and QB may fall to me later!!!!

I know this is stupid, but the post was very enlightening!!!!

I haven't finished reading all of the posts in the thread here, so Im going to take it for granted this was tounge in cheek johhny.. :wink:

Someone else here in the tank wrote not too long ago, about the ease of getting started into fantasy football and with a little luck, you can be competitive right away, based on all the available information out there. He then went on to say that although true, it does take some time and study to develop the proper instincts needed to succeed on a regular basis. I heartily agree to both of those statements, and Paddlers most excellently written post only reinforces those beliefs IMO. I think the ingredient of "common sense" mixed with the right amount of imagination developes the instincts and is the recipe for success..but if that means a kicker right there then go with your gut.. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next