Contests Announcements

LOCKED  
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 2, 2002
Sand$: 2,805.00
Hi,
I'm posting an article on the main page as well as a topic here. I'll describe the Survivor contest in more depth in this thread. Probably a little later tonight. It's like most Survivor contests where you pick the winner and you are only allowed to pick that team once. I've added Sand Dollars to the mix - although these aren't tied to your actual Sand Dollars from posting so what you win (or lose) in the Survivor Contest won't impact the amount that displays in the forums.

If you have any questions or problems post them here or drop me an email. I will try to respond one way or another. Thanks and good luck!

Bill
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Sep 8, 2004
Sand$: 10,930.34
I'm getting a "URL can't be found" error when I try to submit a SWTS team.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34582
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 42,385.30
moosen wrote:I'm getting a "URL can't be found" error when I try to submit a SWTS team.


Same here.
_______________________________________

Manners Maketh Man.
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 2, 2002
Sand$: 2,805.00
Should be all set now. Sorry about that!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6706
Joined: Wed Sep 8, 2004
Sand$: 10,930.34
Bill_Leonard wrote:Should be all set now. Sorry about that!
I had a "sure thing" roster too. And now I forgot it. Great. I bet I end up in 113th place after week 1. I coulda been a contender!
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 5145
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003
Sand$: 3,791.00
Bill_Leonard wrote:Hi,
I'm posting an article on the main page as well as a topic here. I'll describe the Survivor contest in more depth in this thread. Probably a little later tonight. It's like most Survivor contests where you pick the winner and you are only allowed to pick that team once. I've added Sand Dollars to the mix - although these aren't tied to your actual Sand Dollars from posting so what you win (or lose) in the Survivor Contest won't impact the amount that displays in the forums.

If you have any questions or problems post them here or drop me an email. I will try to respond one way or another. Thanks and good luck!

Bill


Bill -

I noticed that the Survivor interface is essentially the same as the Pick 'Em interface (meaning the spreads are displayed with each team.) Are spreads involved in the Survivor game or is it just picking the winner like most other survivor games?

Thanks,

tip
_______________________________________

What I want to know, Mr. Football Man, is
What do you do about Willie Mays and Yul Brynner,
Charles de Gaulle
And Robert Louis Stevenson?
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 2, 2002
Sand$: 2,805.00
Tiptonhr - just pick the winner. The spreads are there so you can see who the favorite is. Spreads DO NOT factor into this contest.

Moosen - same thing happened to me TWICE! If I ever find out who did that shoddy programming I'll have a few choice words for him...Oh - it was me :oops:.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2134
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005
Sand$: 4,007.00
im confused, so where is the URL?????????????????????????
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 2, 2002
Sand$: 2,805.00
The links were on the main page in the Contests Now Available article. I've posted the links below:

Pick 'Em: http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Pickem/Pick_Em.php
Swim: http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Swim/swimweeklyenter.php
Survivor: http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Survivor/Survivor.php
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 2, 2002
Sand$: 2,805.00
More info on the Survivor Contest:

Each shark will be given $100 sand dollars to start the year. The object is to pick one team each week that you think will win and bet based on how confident you are that they will win. You are only allowed to pick a team once. Each week you will be given $100 more than the previous week to bet as long as you've won. If you string multiple wins together you get more money. The winner is the shark with the most sand dollars at the end of the year. So, it's not just about picking the winner as someone could go 17-0 and not win.

I don't believe we have an official prize like we do for the Pick 'Em Contest and Swim Contest but I'm sure Tony has an autographed card or Fantasy Sharks Tee around for the winner. Just send a self addressed envelope to him and he'll get it right out :wink:.

Edited 9/27 - removed the statement that losers would get S$100. You don't!
Last edited by Bill_Leonard on Tue 09.27.2005, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1592
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004
Sand$: 7,230.00
Bill_Leonard wrote:The links were on the main page in the Contests Now Available article. I've posted the links below:

Pick 'Em: http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Pickem/Pick_Em.php
Swim: http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Swim/swimweeklyenter.php
Survivor: http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/Survivor/Survivor.php


Will the Survivor contest entry and standings get added to the Contests drop down menu?

Looks like everyone's betting the whole S$100, so not much difference there!
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Aug 2, 2002
Sand$: 2,805.00
Yes, the Survivor contest will be added to the drop down. I'll have to double check but I don't think you'll always be able to see what people are betting! It may be that everyone starts will $100.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8406
Joined: Sat Nov 8, 2003
Sand$: 52.00
all right.. I'm actually go to get in on these from the start this year... GL everyone...
_______________________________________

imyourhuckleberry wrote:So we let ole freak show midgley get on and throw out his 2 cents...
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17611
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 38,944.22
I was wondering what the prize is for last place in the swim, pick'em and survivor?


I'll be trying my best to stay out of last in all three contests, but it won't be easy against this croud. Good luck all! I know I'm a gonn need it. :!:
_______________________________________

RIP David Bowie

*Dyno$ (10-4; Bye, W, W: CHAMPS!)
*Deathmatch (9-3; W, L), *Wall (9-4; Bye, L), *HoP (9-4; W, L), *Uber (8-5; W, L)
FSNFL (9-7), P&B (4-10), College (2-8)
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11476
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003
Sand$: 39,540.08
First time participant in the contests here...I survived by the skin of my teeth with the Skins :)...and was wondering when we can see the results of the pick 'em contest? Is it only after the Monday night game?
_______________________________________

Image
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests