FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 11.24.2014, 03:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2719 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 182  Next
PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 09:31 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 838
Donate
den.gif
With the Broncos looking up at a division being dominated by Theeeee Raaaiiidderrrss... (had to do it) the Chiefs and the Broncos are even sitting behind the Chargers with all there issues, do you think Tim Tebow will step in as quarterback? Now i know its easy to dismiss this but you have to think that someone in the Broncos orginization just loves this guy to draft him that high. Wouldn't it be exciting and create some buzz for the team no matter how he did starting. I'm sure it would create a ton of buzz around the Broncos and all eyes would be on Tebow even at the Broncos 2-6 record. If he succeds in a game then Holy Cow its the next comming of christ but if he fails he will be gaining experience, how could the Broncos possibly have anything to lose?

What do you guys think about the situation in Denver?
Will Tebow start this year?

I mean irregardless if he starts even one game you know that game is going to be sold out and im sure even the Tebow haters would be watching.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 09:34 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1663
Donate
I'd be much happier if he'd stay on the bench on the 1st and 1 from the 1 plays. That was Moreno's TD!

Kelse
Novak
Browns

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 09:36 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 290
Donate
bal.gif
If McDaniels brings in Tebow then say goodbye to this season.

The losses have not been Orton's fault but rather the defense's fault and the lack of running game.

Maybe if he put Tebow in at tailback? That might help.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 11:41 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 298
Donate
den.gif
I think Tebow from the 1 is all we'll see from him this year, and maybe some redzone wildcat. If he's put in at starting QB, he'll likely both get the snot knocked out of him and, being unable to move the ball through the air,(the one thing the Broncos do well this season), cause them to lose games by even wider margins.

Neither of these developments will be welcome to a coaching/GM group who will certainly be feeling more and more heat going forward.

The defense is in full retrograde. Wins are going to be very hard to come by
with:
9 (bye)
10 KC
11 @SD
12 St. L.
13 @KC
14 @AZ
15 @Oak
16 Hou
17 SD

1-7, 2-6 the ROTW. Best, most awesome, but unlikely as Randy Moss in the Minnesota Glee Club: 4-4.

.02 from a long-time Bronco fan.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 12:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3145
Donate
den.gif
As a diehard Broncos fan I want to see this more than anything. I like Kyle Orton, and I agree that the losses are not his fault but I have absolutely ZERO confidence in him at the end of games. I also get sick of seeing Orton just duck into the fetal position when a pass rush is coming at him, if I had a nickel for every time they were in FG range and he took a sack knocking them out I would be a rich man, oh then there's the times he scrambles and should have an easy 1st down but instead he slides down about 3 yards short cause he's afraid of getting hit, he is putting up impressive numbers yes, but thus far that's all he has accomplished, his 10-14 record as the Broncos starter speaks volumes IMO.

At 2-6, this season is gone so why in the heck not put Tebow in to see what he has, with the bye week coming up I think Josh should make this announcement immediately, let the kid take all of the 1st team reps and get ready to start week 10. At this point this team has become boring, the excitement just isn't there, putting Tim in would at least make it interesting.

IMO, starting Tebow and letting him succeed is the ONLY way McD saves his job. I have been the biggest Josh McDaniels supporter around, but now I'm starting to have some serious doubts that this dude knows anything about running a football team, he can save face, and possibly his job by starting the guy he has invested so much in!

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 12:11 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 4
Donate
ten.gif
With Denver on bye and Teabag taking over goal line duties I sent Moreno packing today for Dwill. I think he is a vulture and nothing more the rest of the way, especially with Orton putting up numbers.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 12:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
KWHIT97 wrote:

IMO, starting Tebow and letting him succeed is the ONLY way McD saves his job.

McNugget should start packing his bags then. Unless you meant starting Tebow at FB.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 13:50 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2048
Donate
schabadoo wrote:
I'd be much happier if he'd stay on the bench on the 1st and 1 from the 1 plays. That was Moreno's TD!

word.. either his, or Lloyd's if lloyd could have gotten an extra yard.

TE: JThomas

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 13:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15671
Donate
Bigtyrony wrote:
With Denver on bye and Teabag taking over goal line duties I sent Moreno packing today for Dwill. I think he is a vulture and nothing more the rest of the way, especially with Orton putting up numbers.

Alot of people saw the vultures coming.

And surprised Orton is being disliked by Broncofans - without him that team crumbles further.

Im not Fitzpatricks biggest admirer, but even if we had Tebow on the bench? I still would be backing Fitz and keeping TT on the bench.

He might or might not have the ability to play one day on the NFL as a honest-to-goodness QB, THAT is open to debate from boths ides (for & against)

What is not up for debate (imo), is that hes not ready to do that now.

No way.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 13:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
What an insult to Kyle Orton this would be.

He is a real jerk for not winning games in spite of the rest of the team, though.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 13:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10
Donate
no.gif
i'd like to see tebow run one series... just to see it.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 14:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18460
Donate
Location: Somewhere between the Principality of Sealand and Migrate, KY
ne.gif
tha1000 wrote:
i'd like to see tebow run one series... just to see it.

The reaction would likely be the same as your avatar's.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 14:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5106
Donate
kc.gif
Glory_Hound53 wrote:
With the Broncos looking up at a division being dominated by Theeeee Raaaiiidderrrss... (had to do it) the Chiefs and the Broncos are even sitting behind the Chargers with all there issues, do you think Tim Tebow will step in as quarterback? Now i know its easy to dismiss this but you have to think that someone in the Broncos orginization just loves this guy to draft him that high. Wouldn't it be exciting and create some buzz for the team no matter how he did starting. I'm sure it would create a ton of buzz around the Broncos and all eyes would be on Tebow even at the Broncos 2-6 record. If he succeds in a game then Holy Cow its the next comming of christ but if he fails he will be gaining experience, how could the Broncos possibly have anything to lose?

What do you guys think about the situation in Denver?
Will Tebow start this year?

I mean irregardless if he starts even one game you know that game is going to be sold out and im sure even the Tebow haters would be watching.

Hmm. Standings must have changed since last night . . .

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 14:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2186
Donate
sf.gif
Let's be real - even though Orton has had some good numbers this year, he is a turd who DOES lay down at the first sign of trouble, and has no ability when there is the slightest pressure on him. His misses are horrific. Granted he has made some throws this year that I would not have believed he could make. However, the bottom line is wins, and although it is not entirely his fault (Orton), Tebow has only shown that he is simply a winner. That's why he was drafted in such ridiculous fashion by the donkeys in the first place. Since starting last year at 6-0, McDoucher is what, 4-14? Something like that I think... I am also surprised Orton has not been hurt at this point in the year where they needed Tebow to go in. I still think that is quite possible, and we may see Tebow due to injury before McD realizes that there is nothing left to play for this year.

(2003) - R.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue 11.02.2010, 14:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3145
Donate
den.gif
Have any of you watched the games? I, unfortunately have watched every down of every Denver game this year, (so happy I spent $200+ on Sunday Ticket :( ) and Orton's numbers look good on paper, but he does not make the plays when we need him the most, he has missed many wide open recievers, had the oppurtunity to walk for 1st downs and slides, taken stupid sacks when all he has to do is throw it away, and for some reason cannot get the team to rally around him. He should be happy he is making starting QB money now and just take it like a man if he is benched, cause no one else would pay him what we're paying him.

If Orton has been so good then check out his 3rd down passing stats, not so impressive, not saying Tebow will come in and dominate right away but at this point why not?

The defense is bad yes, but with the exception of the Raiders game they are not giving up that many points and most games have been winnable, Orton blows in the red zone, and he blows on the final drives of games, so YES, he is a major part of the reason we are losing.

If they were 3-5 or 4-4 and only a couple of games out I'd say leave Kyle in, but the division is pretty much out of reach, and the play-offs are history, so if they continue to start Orton McDaniels will only prove everyone right, that he is in way over his head as an NFL head coach!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2719 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 182  Next