FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 03:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Randall Cobb
PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 07:16 
SandShark

Sand$: 206
Donate
gb.gif
Being a homer and all, I am really kicking myself for not taking a later round flier on this rookie. I think the Packers plan on having a hand full of plays for him in each game this year in addition to his special teams play. I'd like to hear what the tanks opinion is on this rookie, and his fantasy potential this year.

Post subject: Re: Randall Cobb
PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 07:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12112
Donate
ind.gif
I think it will be exactly like you said. They will have a handful of plays for him &, if he breaks one for a touchdown like last night, then he will be a good play. WAY too many weapons right now in Green Bay &, with Cobb only getting maybe 5-6 looks per game, that is not enough to trust him yet. The kick returns make it a little more interesting, but not enough to bite.

Another WR worth mentioning is James Jones, & it looks like Cobb is now the main 4th WR for Green Bay, meaning Jones can pretty much be dropped at this point. It is going to take a injury to move him up.

TE: Jason Witten
Def: NY Giants
K: Sea Bass

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 07:37 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3245
Donate
dal.gif
I like him long term, don't see much fantasy value this season though. He only had 2 targets I believe yesterday and thats with James Jones having 1 catch and Finley nothing in the 2nd half.

QB- A. Luck
WR- Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Cecil Shorts, Andre Roberts
WR- Roddy White, Percy Harvin, Cody Lattimore, D. Adams
RB- J. Bell, C. Michael, Alfred Blue, CJ Anderson
TE- GRONK
DEF- Indy, Wash

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 07:41 
SandShark

Sand$: 130
Donate
ind.gif
The way Cobb runs after the catch will allow him to overtake Driver as the 3rd WR this season.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 07:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6168
Donate
phi.gif
pvtbubba wrote:
The way Cobb runs after the catch will allow him to overtake Driver as the 3rd WR this season.

it'll happen sooner than you think.

change my avatar! vote now!

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 08:09 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2681
Donate
sf.gif
After basically 1 play? I doubt he returns a punt every game and you take that away and basically you have a 30 yard TD. He looked good, and I think he has value in really deep or dynasty leagues. I'm just not sold on that value being much there this year.

TE: Jordan

1 20 passing
1 10 rushing/receiving
1 PPR, 12 man league.
All TDs 6 Points.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 08:22 
SandShark

Sand$: 217
Donate
oak.gif
Probably a little too early to tell. But I'm certainly dropping James Jones in the one league I have him.

Green Bay has a freaking PLETHORA of weapons. They're scary good right now.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 08:29 
SandShark

Sand$: 206
Donate
gb.gif
The Fantasy Monster wrote:
pvtbubba wrote:

it'll happen sooner than you think.

I was also thinking along these lines.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 08:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18215
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Memphis Raider wrote:
Probably a little too early to tell. But I'm certainly dropping James Jones in the one league I have him.

Green Bay has a freaking PLETHORA of weapons. They're scary good right now.

It's almost funny how jones chose to basically end his career then leave the pack and start to become a larger part of an offense. when he watches balls bounce off of Bernard Berrian helmut and they keep going back to him. I think he is a dumbarse will eventually sink in.

Now did I want Jones ehhh. Did I want us to cut BB....oh hell yes. Every dollar that guy gets paid is one dollar to much.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 08:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6315
Donate
gb.gif
bradburyesqu wrote:
After basically 1 play? I doubt he returns a kickoff every game and you take that away and basically you have a 30 yard TD. He looked good, and I think he has value in really deep or dynasty leagues. I'm just not sold on that value being much there this year.

^^This

Cobb had a great night, if you're in a league that rewards points for returns, maybe he's worth having, otherwise two targets on the first night isn't enough to get me worked up. He will be inconsistant at best this year because he's buried on the depth chart and is being used mostly for returns. Jones is the fourth receiver from what I can tell, and it will take an injury for Cobb to become fantasy relevant THIS year.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 09:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
He was my 16th round pick in just about every league (including my Shark League). I don't know if I'd ever have the balls to start him, but it's nice to know he's there. Major "break-tap" territory, but at this rate any of Green Bay's WR corp look like playable WR2s, and the majority of them can be found on the WW...

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 09:13 
SandShark

Sand$: 144
Donate
dal.gif
I think with so many other weapons in GB his fantasy impact will be highly hit or miss.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 09:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25833
Donate
cle.gif
I've been on this train for 3 years now. Cobb is the most exciting kid I've ever seen at UK. His debut last night was record setting!! =D> I've also seen at least a dozen plays at least as good, if not better in the last 3 years. Some guys have "IT" no matter how such things are defined. Dynasty/Keeper leagues he is a must have, and def/special teams formats he makes the Pack a better play. Only thing stopping this kid from FF stardom is touches, which the Pack will recognize and utilize more as the season progresses.

Cool kid,btw. Has an aura about him, again, that difficultly-defined "IT" You know it when see it I guess. Looks to have made a few friends among his teammates too. Neat cat with big green eyes. Major man love from Pack fans coming in 3,2,1......

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 09:33 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 987
Donate
gb.gif
Jones is nursing a knee injury. He's not running 100% right now. He will have some good days ahead, but he's going to be a match-up play at best.

The order I would rank GB's positional players for this season:

Jennings
Finley
Starks
Nelson
Grant
Jones
Driver
Cobb

Jenning and Finley are guys you can start w/confidance. Starks looks like he will be a low end RB2 by mid year. Nelson and Grant are guys you can play for bye fill ins, or when the match-up is right (I'd play Nelson for the upcoming games agains CHI and ATL, play Grant and Starks vs CAR). Wait on Jones and Driver. Jones could end up having value moreso in standard scoring leagues, Driver in PPR, but Jones is the upside out of these two. Cobb is a flyer, but if I needed to make space on a roster in a redraft league, he's be one of the first to go, he'll be too inconsistant.

PostPosted: Fri 09.09.2011, 10:01 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1004
Donate
ten.gif
bluemist wrote:
Cool kid,btw. Has an aura about him, again, that difficultly-defined "IT" You know it when see it I guess.

Yep. I've watched him since he was in high school (Alcoa, Tennessee). He's one of these guys that coaches and scouts say isn't accurate enough to be QB, not big enough for RB, not quite fast enough for WR. What I do know is he's a football player. He just makes plays. Usually big ones. Last night wasn't an anomaly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next