FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.30.2014, 13:56

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2012 season
PostPosted: Sun 09.11.2011, 20:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12107
Donate
gb.gif
thought i would make this to talk about the season here. i enjoyed watching our offense destroy the saints. jennings and nelson looked good and it is always wonderful to have finely back in the mix. im wondering who our number one back is going to be. grant had good carries but starks also looked good when he had the ball. kuhn is a fan favorite and will continue to come in for the short game and do his job.

what can you say about our defense besides picking up where we left off last year.

its gonna be another good year for the pack i think

Post subject: Re: 2012 season
PostPosted: Sat 10.22.2011, 10:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1155
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers CB Sam Shields (concussion) is listed as doubtful for Week 7 and is not expected to play against the Vikings.

The Packers will have to go with special teamer Jarrett Bush as their left corner in the nickel defense. Green Bay fans know Bush well because he's been a liability in coverage for years. Unfortunately for the Vikings, rookie Christian Ponder is unlikely to benefit from the downgrade with Molasses Michael Jenkins and Wide Deceiver Bernard Berrian on the outside.
Source: SI.com Oct 21 - 9:32 PM

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon 10.31.2011, 11:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers placed RB Alex Green (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.

The Packers still haven't disclosed the exact nature of Green's injury, but he's expected to undergo surgery. The third-round pick finishes his rookie year with just four touches from scrimmage, appearing mostly on special teams in his three games. If healthy, Green could emerge as James Starks' backup next season. Ryan Grant is headed for free agency.
Oct 31 - 11:54 AM

PostPosted: Wed 11.02.2011, 09:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers said he hasn't thought about asking the Packers to renegotiate his current contract.

Rodgers is working on the six-year, $65 million deal he signed three years ago. It was a monster contract at the time considering he had only made seven career starts -- but now he is clearly underpaid. He's the NFL's clear MVP through eight weeks. Rodgers, who will be 28 next month, said he plans on playing another 10 years and finishing his career with the Packers.
Source: 540 ESPN Milwaukee Nov 2 - 9:05 AM

PostPosted: Thu 11.03.2011, 09:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
It seems like a "foregone conclusion" that backup QB Matt Flynn will not be with the Packers in 2012, according to ESPN Milwaukee.

Flynn has only started one game in his career, but he'll fetch plenty of suitors in free agency. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers owners can now safely "handcuff" Flynn with the bye week gone. If Rodgers were to get hurt, Flynn would step in as a QB1 in fantasy.
Source: 540 ESPN Milwaukee Nov 3 - 9:26 AM

PostPosted: Fri 11.18.2011, 11:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers RBs coach Jerry Fontenot still goes into each game planning an equal number of carries for James Starks and Ryan Grant.

Starks has averaged 5.2 yards per on an average of 13 carries the past three games compared to 2.4 on seven attempts per for Grant. "I'm not interested in a 1,700-yard back," coach Mike McCarthy explained. "It takes a pounding. I want James as fresh as he was last year at the most critical time of the year ... It's important to play with multiple backs. I'm a big believer in that."
Related: Ryan Grant
Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette Nov 18 - 11:00 AM

PostPosted: Sun 11.20.2011, 10:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Packers are going to consider limiting DT B.J. Raji's snaps throughout the rest of the season in preparation for the playoffs.

"B.J.'s played too much to this point," coach Mike McCarthy said. "We've got to watch his numbers." The Packers started subbing Raji out more in Week 10 and Howard Green was the recipient of extra snaps. Of course, this will do nothing to dispel the premature concern that the Packers start resting skill position players, too.
Related: Howard Green
Source: National Football Post Nov 19 - 7:42 PM

PostPosted: Thu 12.01.2011, 12:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers OLB Erik Walden will start Sunday's game against the Giants despite his arrest last Friday.

Walden spent last weekend in jail after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend. The NFL has announced no discipline and the Packers confirmed any in-house punishment won't affect his status for the game. Walden has started every game at right outside linebacker this season, compiling 41 tackles and three sacks.
Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette Dec 1 - 11:15 AM

PostPosted: Tue 12.06.2011, 14:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Coach Mike McCarthy confirmed that CB Charles Woodson (head) will go through the mandated battery of concussion tests this week.

Woodson sustained a concussion on a fourth-quarter collision with Ahmad Bradshaw. Although coach Mike McCarthy expects Woodson to play against the Raiders, it could be out of his hands. Sam Shields is Woodson's backup, with Jarrett Bush moving to the slot.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Dec 6 - 1:21 PM

Sit him. Why take the chance.

PostPosted: Sun 12.11.2011, 09:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers are expected to place the franchise tag on Jermichael Finley if the sides can't agree to an extension before February.

Finley told reporters this week that his agent is not in long-term talks with the Packers. "If they do (use the tag), it's something I've got to work through and talk it out," he said. Finley missed most of 2010 with a knee injury and has dropped too many passes this year, so he should consider himself lucky to be paid as a top-five NFL tight end. The sides could get serious about a long-term deal if Finley turns in a healthy, productive 2012 campaign.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Dec 10 - 4:30 PM

PostPosted: Mon 12.12.2011, 13:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports that Greg Jennings may have torn his left MCL in Sunday's win over Oakland, and will undergo a Monday MRI.

The "grade" of the MCL injury would determine how much time Jennings might miss, and PFT's Mike Florio concedes that the prognosis he's "hearing" is "unconfirmed." Regardless, an MCL tear would align to some extent with the feeling in the Packers' locker room Sunday evening. Jennings' teammates are "hopeful" that he might return for NFL postseason play.
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter Dec 11 - 9:45 PM

Not good, but I think there are still enough weapons available.

James Jones has to start earning his contract, and Cobb needs to justify his draft position. It wouldn't hurt to start getting Finley a little more involved as well.

PostPosted: Wed 01.18.2012, 11:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Can't find the words. What a way for the season to end...

PostPosted: Thu 01.19.2012, 12:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The franchise tag number for tight ends in 2012 is expected to be only $5.4 million.

Football Outsiders' Brian McIntyre has projected the number to be somewhere between $5,416,000 and $5,624,000. Of all 2012 free agent tight ends, Jermichael Finley of the Packers is most likely to be franchise tagged. The number is much more manageable than the $14-plus million it would cost to tag free agent quarterback Matt Flynn, and Green Bay would prefer to keep Finley.
Related: Matt Flynn
Source: 540 ESPN Milwaukee Jan 19 - 12:01 PM

:shock:

GB needs to sign Finley, then tag and trade Flynn. They can't let the guy go away without getting something out of the deal...

PostPosted: Thu 01.26.2012, 01:03 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3481
Donate
gb.gif
I bet they sign Finley and franchise Flynn...but who knows. Finley didn't have a great year. If they franchise Finley, then Flynn is gone.

PostPosted: Wed 02.22.2012, 23:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Packers agreed to terms with TE Jermichael Finley on a two-year, $15 million contract.

The contract locks in Finley through his age-26 season, and he'll be able to test the free agent waters as a 27-year-old in 2014. The deal makes sense for each side, both financially and from the standpoint that Green Bay won't have to argue with Finley about which position he plays regarding the franchise tag. Finley, 25, finished the 2011 season with 55 catches for 767 yards and eight touchdowns. While the yardage and TD numbers were career highs, Finley has the potential to be a far better player than he showed last year. He'll be a recommended post-hype pick in 2012 fantasy drafts.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports Feb 22 - 8:24 PM

Tag and trade still possible with Flynn?