FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 14:59

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 22:02 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3
Donate
Quote:
According to player rep Drew Rosenhaus, free agent Terrell Owens (ACL surgery) has been medically cleared for football activities.
The next steps will involve 1) recapturing "football shape," and 2) finding a team willing to sign him. For T.O., the latter will prove most difficult. Only a handful of teams would even be willing to consider Owens at 100 percent, and he now carries an injury red flag after knee reconstruction followed by stem-cell treatment. T.O. turns 38 in less than two months. Oct 19 - 4:31 PM

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Quote:
Terrell Owens(notes) is ready to return to the NFL.

The veteran wide receiver has been rehabilitating a left knee injury that required surgery. He is a free agent and agent Drew Rosenhaus says he will begin contacting teams immediately to let them know Owens is healthy.

Rosenhaus said Owens could play Sunday.

“We are open to any team at this point,” Rosenhaus said Wednesday. “There have been several teams showing interest thus far, but I won’t identify them at this time.”

The 37-year-old Owens played 14 games for Cincinnati last year, making 72 receptions with nine touchdowns. He ranks third in career touchdown catches with 153 and second in yards receiving with 15,934.

Owens also played for San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas and Buffalo.

Among those teams short-handed at receiver are Tennessee, Houston, Jacksonville and Miami.

Yahoo Sports Updated 6:15pm 10/19/11

J. Thomas, Wright
Dawson
CIN,DET

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 22:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18668
Donate
atl.gif
I'm fairly confident T.O. will have worse numbers than Chad Johnson
He's fantasy irrelevant even though he may still have some gas in the tank for some team desperate enough to sign him

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 22:55 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
I hope he joins Carson in Oakland...TO is a monster and I think that he could be fantasy relevant if he was in the right situation....I think he would fit in nice in Carolina and I'm sure someone is going to sign him....Im not saying Im going to make a move for him but if he gets in the right situation I could see him putting up much better numbers then Chad Johnson...I think he was better the CJ last year

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 22:57 

Sand$: 48482
Donate
nyj.gif
about half way down this page

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=274172

PostPosted: Wed 10.19.2011, 23:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5457
Donate
dal.gif
robthecarpetguy wrote:
I hope he joins Carson in Oakland...TO is a monster and I think that he could be fantasy relevant if he was in the right situation....I think he would fit in nice in Carolina and I'm sure someone is going to sign him....Im not saying Im going to make a move for him but if he gets in the right situation I could see him putting up much better numbers then Chad Johnson...I think he was better the CJ last year

No way they poison all of those young, impressionable WRs in Oakland with TO. All he has to do is be on the field for 3 plays per game to get better numbers than Ocho. It's a long shot but I thought he was done last year. I was wrong.

WR: V.Jax, A.Johnson, R.White, Shorts III
TE: Walker
K: Bailey
DST: Iggles

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 02:00 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1356
Donate
dal.gif
If Al Davis was still in charge, he'd already be in Oakland. If you have to guess where he'll be in the next week or two, it's gotta be Oakland.

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 06:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9562
Donate
cle.gif
Crackhead Bob wrote:
He's fantasy irrelevant even though he may still have some gas in the tank for some team desperate enough to sign him

:lol: :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 07:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2766
Donate
dal.gif
Id go pick him up right now but Im to busy sawing my arm off with a butter knife.

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 08:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6380
Donate
dal.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
Crackhead Bob wrote:

:lol: :thumbright:

TO and Ocho are completely different creatures on the field despite the fact they act in similar manners off of it. TO coming off a knee reconstruction still holds more value than Ocho; not saying that is meaningful value either way but just clarifying.

Chad needs to hang it up... still looks lost 7 weeks into the season lol. I'd be curious to hear how he's viewed by his fellow wideouts/tight ends in New England at this point since things have quieted down since the Teddy/Tweet incident. Fortunately for him though, NE seems to be very good at keeping things in their locker room.

12 teamer (3 of 12)
Sanchez/Lacy/Miller/Nelson/Cobb/Denards/D.Walker/Tucker/BUF

14 teamer (5-5)
Ryan/Bradshaw/Ball/Julio/Watkins/Adams/Jimmy/Reed/Crosby/CLE

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 08:37 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37694
Donate
car.gif
robthecarpetguy wrote:

Not at all.

Do you think he'd happily take a backseat to Steve Smith? Or vice versa?

Olsen/Shockey are the 2nd outlet here.

TO's not at all what this team needs. They need a Wes Welker, not an over-the-hill prima donna who's a massive PITA.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 08:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 250
Donate
dal.gif
Quote:
“We are open to any team at this point,” Rosenhaus said Wednesday. “There have been several teams showing interest thus far, but I won’t identify them at this time.”

Translated from agent speak to real life:

Come on guys, Terrell really needs a freaking job so I can make some money off his stupid azz....there are no teams really in the mix for a 37 year old prima donna coming off a career ending injury but I hope if I lie enough some desperate owner will be watching the 2006-2008 Dallas Cowboy games on U Tube will give us a call thinking this TO is that TO............

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 20:54 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2418
Donate
nfllogo.gif
pwbowen wrote:
robthecarpetguy wrote:

Not at all.

Do you think he'd happily take a backseat to Steve Smith? Or vice versa?

Olsen/Shockey are the 2nd outlet here.

TO's not at all what this team needs. They need a Wes Welker, not an over-the-hill prima donna who's a massive PITA.

Who drops passes.

TE:Olsen,Reed
K:Brown
Def: Cincy
4/Pass TD, 6/all other TDs
Start: 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE),K,Def

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 23:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2272
Donate
phi.gif
If the first time we're hearing about it is from Drew Rosenhaus....then there's a 99% chance it's complete bs.

If Yahoo is the one that picks it up and runs with it (then followed by ESPN), then there's a 99.9% chance it's complete bs.

If he was really so potentially impactful, don't you think he'd be signed by now...or we'd be hearing about who's about to sign him?...especially if "he's ready to play now"?

:F

WR Wallace, G Tate, Martavis, Mi Floyd, Shorts
TE Julius, Fleener
K Dawson
DEF DEN

Griffmo wrote:
the allure of the unknown potential vs the available mediocrity

PostPosted: Thu 10.20.2011, 23:40 
SandShark

Sand$: 122
Donate
min.gif
:popcorn: Getting it ready!

PostPosted: Fri 10.21.2011, 00:24 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2673
Donate
gb.gif
I love TO. He's one of my favorite receivers of all time. As long as he is healthy enough I want him to play forever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next