User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35075
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,549.37
...and say my glory was I had such a friend."

The Texans and Gary 'Mr. Positive' Kubiak have been extremely high on Yates and he's been one of my favorite deep sleepers. I didn't get a chance to see how he looked in the game (his numbers in relief action don't jump off the stat sheet) but I'm very curious to see how he looks after a week of preparation.

(bonus points if you get the reference)
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44470
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,661.06
Things fall apart, the center cannot hold; anarchy is loosed upon the Texans' season.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 18460
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005
Sand$: 175,207.16
Yeats....close.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45348
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,800.50
It's hard to have faith in a Tar Heel QB that their own fanbase called TJ Yikes. :lol:

His senior year though he seemed to really carry that team. He has potential to be a decent game manager QB in the long term.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6553
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007
Sand$: 10,466.22
I hereby nominate this thread for "best poetry-based, non-football reference" category. You're up against Poe's "The Ravens."
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27605
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004
Sand$: 36,599.36
Its hard to take anything you saw in the game this past weekend and draw conclusions as what to expect. Texans had a 10 point lead with the Jags getting next to nothing against our defense, so Kubiak called just about only hand-offs the entire game.

Given the other available options, I'm willing to give the rookie a chance; however, I don't have my hopes too high that he will lead us to some sort of playoff success. The kid needs some reps though to make any conclusions as to what to expect from him for the rest of the year. Given his only reps are probably on the scout team in practices, its hard to get too excited about him in 2011.

Just hopefully his chance involves being able to check down to Arian Foster/Owen Daniels, hit AJ on some short passes and hand the ball off a lot to Ben Tate/Arian Foster. If he does that without turning the ball over, I think the Texans still have a good shot at making the playoffs with an early exit involved. Only shining hope is the defense is playing out of its mind under Donut's leadership...
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28388
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007
Sand$: 71,918.89
This is what I first thought of...

_______________________________________

I heard that the Lark has died on the mountain. If I knew these words were true I would go with a group of men and arms to fetch the Lark's body home.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44470
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,661.06
neal123454 wrote:I hereby nominate this thread for "best poetry-based, non-football reference" category. You're up against Poe's "The Ravens."


:lol:
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed Sep 5, 2007
Sand$: 1,724.00
You can stop waxing poetic, it looks like Sage is coming back. I don't know very many prolific writers with a name like Rosenfels.
_______________________________________

-
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3865
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004
Sand$: 9,406.42
kubiak just said in todays presser: "Cant rule out anybody"

#4 in Texans uniform anyone?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3127
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011
Sand$: 5,636.24
bowwhizzle wrote:kubiak just said in todays presser: "Cant rule out anybody"

#4 in Texans uniform anyone?


Texans GM Rick Smith confirmed to SI's Peter King that Houston has no interest in retired quarterback Brett Favre. "I don’t want to bring the circus to town," Smith told King.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1744/brett-favre

Scott
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44470
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,661.06
scottdills wrote:
bowwhizzle wrote:kubiak just said in todays presser: "Cant rule out anybody"

#4 in Texans uniform anyone?


Texans GM Rick Smith confirmed to SI's Peter King that Houston has no interest in retired quarterback Brett Favre. "I don’t want to bring the circus to town," Smith told King.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1744/brett-favre

Scott


In a press conference today, when asked about Favre, Kubiak said something along the lines of, "We can't rule anyone out." I think he owed a reporter a favor or something. We'll have to hear about him for awhile longer.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4983
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006
Sand$: 4,347.08
Elmagister wrote:
scottdills wrote:
bowwhizzle wrote:kubiak just said in todays presser: "Cant rule out anybody"

#4 in Texans uniform anyone?


Texans GM Rick Smith confirmed to SI's Peter King that Houston has no interest in retired quarterback Brett Favre. "I don’t want to bring the circus to town," Smith told King.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1744/brett-favre

Scott


In a press conference today, when asked about Favre, Kubiak said something along the lines of, "We can't rule anyone out." I think he owed a reporter a favor or something. We'll have to hear about him for awhile longer.


(KFFL) Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team is not ruling out the possibility of calling retired QB Brett Favre to see if he is interested in joining the Texans.
_______________________________________

[quote="gballs1"]
I've been looking for a new sig. I think I just found it.[/quote]
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36281
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,595.12
.. man's glory most begins behind Matt Leinart on the depth chart.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36281
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,595.12
runvus17 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
scottdills wrote:
bowwhizzle wrote:kubiak just said in todays presser: "Cant rule out anybody"

#4 in Texans uniform anyone?


Texans GM Rick Smith confirmed to SI's Peter King that Houston has no interest in retired quarterback Brett Favre. "I don’t want to bring the circus to town," Smith told King.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1744/brett-favre

Scott


In a press conference today, when asked about Favre, Kubiak said something along the lines of, "We can't rule anyone out." I think he owed a reporter a favor or something. We'll have to hear about him for awhile longer.


(KFFL) Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team is not ruling out the possibility of calling retired QB Brett Favre to see if he is interested in joining the Texans.


holy sheet.. Brett Favre, Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels... that duo alone is 10Xs better than any squad the Packers ever put together in Favre's career in GB.. hell, Owen Daniels alone would account for 3Xs the talent by himself :lol:
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: allen3388, Apes, bxjet28, dukeman_92, FungoWhere, Jpuentes75, shaker, theoutlawdekepatton and 6 guests