FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.23.2014, 17:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Sat 01.28.2012, 19:43 

Sand$: 44961
Donate
nyj.gif
NINERS Aldon Smith arrested for DUI in Miami per CBS

ESPN 96.1 in Michigan reports that Lions RB Mikel Leshoure is being arraigned Monday in a Berrien County Court on marijuana possession charges.
The arrest flew under the radar, but ESPN 96.1 confirmed Leshoure's arraignment with the court's clerk office. Leshoure has been nursing a torn left Achilles' since suffering the rupture a week into his rookie training camp. The arrest will at least warrant Leshoure a spot in the NFL's drug program. The 96.1 report notes also that this is Leshoure's "second offense" in two months, meaning he's likely headed for an NFL suspension.

Last edited by endzoneview on Sat 08.11.2012, 21:33, edited 33 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 01.29.2012, 10:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11491
Donate
gb.gif
Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.

PostPosted: Sun 01.29.2012, 11:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17620
Donate
hou2.gif
crockett wrote:
Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.

With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:

PostPosted: Sun 01.29.2012, 12:38 

Sand$: 6342
Donate
ne.gif
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:

With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:

^^^ that.

most of these guys have no common sense...

PostPosted: Sun 01.29.2012, 14:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14158
Donate
sea.gif
Who's driving drunker than us?

PostPosted: Sun 01.29.2012, 22:11 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 238
Donate
oak.gif
inexcusable....

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 12:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32744
Donate
car.gif
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:

I believe they have a Free Ride system set up that they can call anytime they want.

After Stallworth there's no excuse not to use it and shouldn't be any tolerance for it at all.

I really don't get the 'just not a big deal' attitude that some folks have. I know I'd lose my job for even 1 DUI. But then again, I'm not tackling Purchasing Agents if they try to sprint away from me without a PO.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 13:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9663
Donate
det.gif
pinksheets wrote:
Who's driving drunker than us?

NOBODY!!! :thumbright:

*Closed until next season*

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 14:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16466
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:

I believe they have a Free Ride system set up that they can call anytime they want.

After Stallworth there's no excuse not to use it and shouldn't be any tolerance for it at all.

I really don't get the 'just not a big deal' attitude that some folks have. I know I'd lose my job for even 1 DUI. But then again, I'm not tackling Purchasing Agents if they try to sprint away from me without a PO.

yep they get paid millions and the league offers free cabs at one call. League picks up the bill entirely.

I called my parents many many many moons ago one time things got out of hand at a bar. I got lectured the whole way home. Not a free ride.

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 14:56 

Sand$: 44961
Donate
nyj.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:

yep they get paid millions and the league offers free cabs at one call. League picks up the bill entirely.

I called my parents many many many moons ago one time things got out of hand at a bar. I got lectured the whole way home. Not a free ride.

My son is 16. He doesn't drink (at least I never caught him) but I told him if he's ever in a situation where either he's drunk or the person he got a ride with is drunk, all he has to do is call me and I'll come and pick him up no questions asked. Of course the morning after he takes me up on this offer, I'll be grinding my coffee, vacuuming outside of his room and he'll be mowing the lawn, and doing whatever other loud chore I can think of, but that's besides the point. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 16:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2004
Donate
dal.gif
endzoneview wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:

My son is 16. He doesn't drink (at least I never caught him) but I told him if he's ever in a situation where either he's drunk or the person he got a ride with is drunk, all he has to do is call me and I'll come and pick him up no questions asked. Of course the morning after he takes me up on this offer, I'll be grinding my coffee, vacuuming outside of his room and he'll be mowing the lawn, and doing whatever other loud chore I can think of, but that's besides the point. :thumbright:

Yessir , that is Third's way also....none of my kids drove drunk ( at least that I knew about) ....they all learned I would do as EZV has said with no questions asked nor any long lectures but that next day was Dad's payback...and those days I would pick the hardest jobs for them to do and they worked as long as I did or I gave them the lecture... if they only knew that damn lecture was only 2 hours long, they would have taken that choice

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 17:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16466
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Man times have changed. If i came home in high school drunk i got 4 across the face. If I drank the beer my father bought me well that was ok. Still baffles me.

My father bought my brother and I a couple of cases of special X to drink while we rototilled the entire yard for reseeding. I am stunned I still have all my toes.

We didn't get allowance. We got beer for doing chores.

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 17:54 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 79
Donate
ne.gif
But it isn't the off-season yet ...

I feel like someone could come up with a profitable business that existed entirely to do two things - 1. Hold on to drugs/guns for a player 2. Drive them wherever they need to go.

Blue Shark League #2

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 18:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
blood alcohol level was 2x legal limit
Quote:
Aldon Smith was observed swerving in and out of lanes on the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach before being pulled over at 4:33 a.m. Saturday, a police spokesman said. Smith was taken to the Miami Beach Police Station where he was given two beathalyzer tests to determine his blood-alcohol level. The first was .194. The second was .176. The legal limit in Florida is .08.

According to the police report, other drivers had to brake abruptly to avoid hitting the red Mercedes Benz Smith, 22, was driving as he left the City of Miami Beach on the causeway. The officer who wrote the report said he turned on his emergency lights but Smith did not respond. The officer then turned on his sirens, at which point Smith pulled over, according to the report.

The arresting officer wrote in the report that Smith acknowledged having a "couple drinks" but that he was ok to drive and was the "designated driver." Smith was given a field sobriety test. He was then taken to the police station, according to the report, charged with DUI and transported to a Miami-Dade County correctional facility where he spent 3 1/2 hours before posting a $1,000 bond and being released.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... qus_thread

PostPosted: Mon 01.30.2012, 18:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17620
Donate
hou2.gif
raynman wrote:
blood alcohol level was 2x legal limit
Quote:
Aldon Smith was observed swerving in and out of lanes on the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach before being pulled over at 4:33 a.m. Saturday, a police spokesman said. Smith was taken to the Miami Beach Police Station where he was given two beathalyzer tests to determine his blood-alcohol level. The first was .194. The second was .176. The legal limit in Florida is .08.

According to the police report, other drivers had to brake abruptly to avoid hitting the red Mercedes Benz Smith, 22, was driving as he left the City of Miami Beach on the causeway. The officer who wrote the report said he turned on his emergency lights but Smith did not respond. The officer then turned on his sirens, at which point Smith pulled over, according to the report.

The arresting officer wrote in the report that Smith acknowledged having a "couple drinks" but that he was ok to drive and was the "designated driver." Smith was given a field sobriety test. He was then taken to the police station, according to the report, charged with DUI and transported to a Miami-Dade County correctional facility where he spent 3 1/2 hours before posting a $1,000 bond and being released.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... qus_thread

Wait!? Designated driver yet still drinking. Common sense is lacking here...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next