User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33843
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 21,002.35
NINERS Aldon Smith arrested for DUI in Miami per CBS

ESPN 96.1 in Michigan reports that Lions RB Mikel Leshoure is being arraigned Monday in a Berrien County Court on marijuana possession charges.
The arrest flew under the radar, but ESPN 96.1 confirmed Leshoure's arraignment with the court's clerk office. Leshoure has been nursing a torn left Achilles' since suffering the rupture a week into his rookie training camp. The arrest will at least warrant Leshoure a spot in the NFL's drug program. The 96.1 report notes also that this is Leshoure's "second offense" in two months, meaning he's likely headed for an NFL suspension.
Last edited by endzoneview on Sat 08.11.2012, 21:33, edited 33 times in total.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8108
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$: 12,269.86
Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.
_______________________________________

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20281
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003
Sand$: 16,990.38
crockett wrote:Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.


With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33486
Joined: Tue Nov 8, 2005
Sand$: 6,995.50
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.


With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:


^^^ that.

most of these guys have no common sense...
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2958
Joined: Wed Sep 1, 2010
Sand$: 11,470.84
Who's driving drunker than us?
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Sep 8, 2011
Sand$: 238.00
inexcusable....
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44016
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,386.62
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.


With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:


I believe they have a Free Ride system set up that they can call anytime they want.

After Stallworth there's no excuse not to use it and shouldn't be any tolerance for it at all.

I really don't get the 'just not a big deal' attitude that some folks have. I know I'd lose my job for even 1 DUI. But then again, I'm not tackling Purchasing Agents if they try to sprint away from me without a PO.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4286
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003
Sand$: 10,229.78
pinksheets wrote:Who's driving drunker than us?


NOBODY!!! :thumbright:
_______________________________________

SCS Wolfpack

Bortles, Roethlisberger
DeAngelo, C. West, Hill, Ware
Dez, Diggs, J. Brown, Martavis
Watson, Rodgers
Bailey, Hopkins
Broncos, Seahawks

12-team / .5PPR / 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008
Sand$: 20,022.16
pwbowen wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.


With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:


I believe they have a Free Ride system set up that they can call anytime they want.

After Stallworth there's no excuse not to use it and shouldn't be any tolerance for it at all.

I really don't get the 'just not a big deal' attitude that some folks have. I know I'd lose my job for even 1 DUI. But then again, I'm not tackling Purchasing Agents if they try to sprint away from me without a PO.


yep they get paid millions and the league offers free cabs at one call. League picks up the bill entirely.

I called my parents many many many moons ago one time things got out of hand at a bar. I got lectured the whole way home. Not a free ride.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 33843
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 21,002.35
badgasman9 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.


With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:


I believe they have a Free Ride system set up that they can call anytime they want.

After Stallworth there's no excuse not to use it and shouldn't be any tolerance for it at all.

I really don't get the 'just not a big deal' attitude that some folks have. I know I'd lose my job for even 1 DUI. But then again, I'm not tackling Purchasing Agents if they try to sprint away from me without a PO.


yep they get paid millions and the league offers free cabs at one call. League picks up the bill entirely.

I called my parents many many many moons ago one time things got out of hand at a bar. I got lectured the whole way home. Not a free ride.


My son is 16. He doesn't drink (at least I never caught him) but I told him if he's ever in a situation where either he's drunk or the person he got a ride with is drunk, all he has to do is call me and I'll come and pick him up no questions asked. Of course the morning after he takes me up on this offer, I'll be grinding my coffee, vacuuming outside of his room and he'll be mowing the lawn, and doing whatever other loud chore I can think of, but that's besides the point. :thumbright:
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16915
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004
Sand$: 13.28
endzoneview wrote:
badgasman9 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OilersNut wrote:
crockett wrote:Not gonna get my undies in a bunch over a run-of-the-mill DUI bust. Gimme something GOOD to read.


With the money even rookies make, they can afford a taxi or even a driver :neutral:


I believe they have a Free Ride system set up that they can call anytime they want.

After Stallworth there's no excuse not to use it and shouldn't be any tolerance for it at all.

I really don't get the 'just not a big deal' attitude that some folks have. I know I'd lose my job for even 1 DUI. But then again, I'm not tackling Purchasing Agents if they try to sprint away from me without a PO.


yep they get paid millions and the league offers free cabs at one call. League picks up the bill entirely.

I called my parents many many many moons ago one time things got out of hand at a bar. I got lectured the whole way home. Not a free ride.


My son is 16. He doesn't drink (at least I never caught him) but I told him if he's ever in a situation where either he's drunk or the person he got a ride with is drunk, all he has to do is call me and I'll come and pick him up no questions asked. Of course the morning after he takes me up on this offer, I'll be grinding my coffee, vacuuming outside of his room and he'll be mowing the lawn, and doing whatever other loud chore I can think of, but that's besides the point. :thumbright:


Yessir , that is Third's way also....none of my kids drove drunk ( at least that I knew about) ....they all learned I would do as EZV has said with no questions asked nor any long lectures but that next day was Dad's payback...and those days I would pick the hardest jobs for them to do and they worked as long as I did or I gave them the lecture... if they only knew that damn lecture was only 2 hours long, they would have taken that choice
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008
Sand$: 20,022.16
Man times have changed. If i came home in high school drunk i got 4 across the face. If I drank the beer my father bought me well that was ok. Still baffles me.

My father bought my brother and I a couple of cases of special X to drink while we rototilled the entire yard for reseeding. I am stunned I still have all my toes.

We didn't get allowance. We got beer for doing chores.
_______________________________________

Image
Whale Shark
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2007
Sand$: 423.00
But it isn't the off-season yet ...


I feel like someone could come up with a profitable business that existed entirely to do two things - 1. Hold on to drugs/guns for a player 2. Drive them wherever they need to go.
_______________________________________

Proud member of -
Deep Platinum Dynasty League
Blue Shark League #2
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22855
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 5,506.00
blood alcohol level was 2x legal limit
Aldon Smith was observed swerving in and out of lanes on the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach before being pulled over at 4:33 a.m. Saturday, a police spokesman said. Smith was taken to the Miami Beach Police Station where he was given two beathalyzer tests to determine his blood-alcohol level. The first was .194. The second was .176. The legal limit in Florida is .08.

According to the police report, other drivers had to brake abruptly to avoid hitting the red Mercedes Benz Smith, 22, was driving as he left the City of Miami Beach on the causeway. The officer who wrote the report said he turned on his emergency lights but Smith did not respond. The officer then turned on his sirens, at which point Smith pulled over, according to the report.

The arresting officer wrote in the report that Smith acknowledged having a "couple drinks" but that he was ok to drive and was the "designated driver." Smith was given a field sobriety test. He was then taken to the police station, according to the report, charged with DUI and transported to a Miami-Dade County correctional facility where he spent 3 1/2 hours before posting a $1,000 bond and being released.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... qus_thread
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 20281
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003
Sand$: 16,990.38
raynman wrote:blood alcohol level was 2x legal limit
Aldon Smith was observed swerving in and out of lanes on the MacArthur Causeway in Miami Beach before being pulled over at 4:33 a.m. Saturday, a police spokesman said. Smith was taken to the Miami Beach Police Station where he was given two beathalyzer tests to determine his blood-alcohol level. The first was .194. The second was .176. The legal limit in Florida is .08.

According to the police report, other drivers had to brake abruptly to avoid hitting the red Mercedes Benz Smith, 22, was driving as he left the City of Miami Beach on the causeway. The officer who wrote the report said he turned on his emergency lights but Smith did not respond. The officer then turned on his sirens, at which point Smith pulled over, according to the report.

The arresting officer wrote in the report that Smith acknowledged having a "couple drinks" but that he was ok to drive and was the "designated driver." Smith was given a field sobriety test. He was then taken to the police station, according to the report, charged with DUI and transported to a Miami-Dade County correctional facility where he spent 3 1/2 hours before posting a $1,000 bond and being released.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/ ... qus_thread


Wait!? Designated driver yet still drinking. Common sense is lacking here...
_______________________________________

ImageImageImage

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests