FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 03:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 18:29 

Sand$: 48482
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Per multiple reports, three Broncos have been suspended by the league. Linebacker D.J. Williams and defensive end Ryan McBean have been suspended six games, and tight end Virgil Green has been suspended four games.

Vic Lombardi of CBS4 reports that each of the suspensions arise under the league’s substance-abuse policy.

Lombardi also reports that Williams and McBean claim that someone tampered with their samples, and that they will file a federal lawsuit on Monday. via PFT

Ryan Braun defense, huh? Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 19:44 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39316
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
Virgil Green - TE - Broncos Broncos TE Virgil Green will not appeal his four-game suspension for violating the league's banned substances policy.
Green was suspended for ADHD. He took it "prior to obtaining an exemption from the league," and says he now has that exemption and is free to take ADHD going forward. "I apologize to my teammates, coaches and fans for my mistake," said Green, "and will make sure to never let anything like this happen again."

I get it, but seems petty to me.

Quote:
D.J. Williams - LB - Broncos Broncos WLB D.J. Williams plans to appeal his six-game suspension on the grounds that the NFL alleges he provided a "non-human specimen" in replace of a routine drug test.
"We proved — conclusively — at the NFL hearing on this matter that the NFL and its specimen collector wholly failed in their duties to safeguard and process my specimen properly," Williams said. "In fact, the specimen collector was fired by the NFL after compromising my specimen as well as others’." If Williams' claims are correct, he may be able to get off the hook, after all.

might have an actual case here.

PostPosted: Fri 03.09.2012, 20:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36594
Donate
hou.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
D.J. Williams - LB - Broncos Broncos WLB D.J. Williams plans to appeal his six-game suspension on the grounds that the NFL alleges he provided a "non-human specimen" in replace of a routine drug test.
"We proved — conclusively — at the NFL hearing on this matter that the NFL and its specimen collector wholly failed in their duties to safeguard and process my specimen properly," Williams said. "In fact, the specimen collector was fired by the NFL after compromising my specimen as well as others’." If Williams' claims are correct, he may be able to get off the hook, after all.

might have an actual case here.

If DJ's claims are true, the league is full of it for even going forward with suspending him when there is doubt about the collection unless they have other positive tests proving otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun 03.11.2012, 11:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7927
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Per multiple reports, three Broncos have been suspended by the league. Linebacker D.J. Williams and defensive end Ryan McBean have been suspended six games, and tight end Virgil Green has been suspended four games.

Vic Lombardi of CBS4 reports that each of the suspensions arise under the league’s substance-abuse policy.

Lombardi also reports that Williams and McBean claim that someone tampered with their samples, and that they will file a federal lawsuit on Monday. via PFT

I think we are going to see a lot of people use the Braun defense now that precedent has been set.

PostPosted: Sun 03.11.2012, 16:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37684
Donate
car.gif
und2006 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

I think we are going to see a lot of people use the Braun defense now that precedent has been set.

I'm still hoping the test collector sues the crap out of Braun for libel/slander whatever.

Braun sounds dirtier every time he opens his yap to comment on this again.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 03.12.2012, 08:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55814
Donate
chi.gif
pwbowen wrote:
und2006 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:

I'm still hoping the test collector sues the crap out of Braun for libel/slander whatever.

Braun sounds dirtier every time he opens his yap to comment on this again.

=D>

What a dirt bag. The Onion nailed it. http://www.theonion.com/articles/kids-o ... aun,27499/ Too funny.