FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 08:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 09:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32258
Donate
oak.gif
Get in where you fit in while he is cheap.....I stashed this kid in both my dyno's last year. Much like Cruz was in 2010, Jean was stashed on IR with a non season ending injury because they knew he would be claimed if they tried to get him on the practice squad. Kid is killing it at OTA's, and the Texans have no one behind AJ.

From Rotoworld:
Lestar Jean has earned the nickname "Big Play" for his OTA performances, and WRs coach Larry Kirksey says Jean has already grasped all three receiver positions.
Jean's knowledge of all three spots suggests he could be a threat to Kevin Walter, and isn't just behind Andre Johnson on the depth chart. "He has engulfed himself in the offense," Kirksey said. "His attention to detail is excellent." Kirksey went so far as to compare Johnson and Jean to a couple of Hall of Famers: "I remember Terrell Owens watching and following Jerry Rice. After a while, I couldn’t tell the difference between the two guys on the field. That’s a special situation, but hopefully this will be something like the same scenario."

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 09:55 

Sand$: 57365
Donate
nyj.gif
I think you meant Cruz 2011

And no, Jean will have a Cruz 2010 if anything. I bet he's still a year away. It's a nice blurb for those dyno owners though. He was/is a good looking stash.

2 games left - Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 10:00 

Sand$: 99074
Donate
Some other nuggets I've stumbled across about him this month

Quote:
With Andre Johnson sitting out of organized team activities (OTAs) after having arthroscopic knee surgery, wide receiver Lestar Jean is practicing as a starter opposite Kevin Walter.

Jean (6-3, 205), who went undrafted out of Florida Atlantic in 2011, is healthy and eager to prove himself after missing his rookie season with a shoulder injury.

“He dropped a couple of balls today,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said after practice on Monday. “You know, he’s got an excellent opportunity. He’s working as a starter right now in OTAs, so what an opportunity for him as a player, and it’ll be interesting to see how far he comes.”

Quote:
Jean, a promising undrafted rookie from Florida Atlantic in 2011, lined up opposite Walter with the first-team offense this week. Next week, that opportunity could possibly belong to Maehl or someone else as Johnson continues to sit out.

“It’s a great opportunity for them,” Kubiak said. “I mean, you look at (how) Lestar Jean is working as a starter right now. As a player, all you can ask for is to get on the field, and if you do it, you’re not coming off. That’s the way this thing works. I’m going to rotate them every week. I think I’ll change them up, change the depth chart and see who’s going to stand out, who’s going to help our football team. But they’re all going to get an opportunity.”

Quote:
"The kid has really put time in as far as preparing himself," receivers coach Larry Kirksey said. "He has engulfed himself in the offense. He knows all three positions. His attention to detail is excellent.

"He's got a ways to go, but so far we like what we see."

Knowing all three positions should get Jean on the field sooner.

Jean has good size (6-3, 205 pounds), but he isn't a classic stretch-the-field wideout with blazing speed (a 4.52-second 40-yard dash). Still, he gets open and makes plays on the ball, two aspects of the position with which the speedier Jones struggled.

Actually, those are the two most important duties for a receiver. Running fast is supposed to help accomplish those, but football isn't track.

"He is pretty smooth, a deceiving athlete," Kirksey said. "He is on the field, and it doesn't look like he is moving. But then all of a sudden, he is past you."

Quote:
Jean was an undrafted free agent who looked impressive in training camp last year and in one preseason game before being placed on IR for the year following a shoulder injury. It was rumored that the injury was minor, but that the Texans were afraid they would lose him to another team if they moved him to the practice squad

Quote:
"He's always up on me," Johnson said. "Asking me this, asking me that. Wondering how I do this, wondering how I do that."

Jean, 24, was one of the training camp stars last summer before a shoulder injury put him on injured reserve for the season. But when given the opportunity, he lived up to his nickname "Big Play," making impressive catches his norm. He had a couple of long catches in limited preseason action and made more in practice.

As University of Houston coach Tony Levine has been known to crack, there's no question he was first-team all-shorts.

That's OK with Jean, because he has to win the battle on the practice field before he gets a shot under the Sunday afternoon lights.

We're talking about a player who wasn't drafted when he came out of Florida Atlantic in 2011 but showed enough promise that the Texans are giving him first crack at claiming the No. 3 wide receiver position they opened when they released Jacoby Jones in April.

"I feel both - pressure and excitement," Jean said. "I'm just trying to get in there, work my way into the mix."

Given that offense and lack of weapons behind Andre and Arian...he has my attention

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 12:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32258
Donate
oak.gif
endzoneview wrote:

And no, Jean will have a Cruz 2010 if anything. I bet he's still a year away. It's a nice blurb for those dyno owners though. He was/is a good looking stash.

No, I meant the Victor Cruz of 2012, meaning the WR that comes out of nowhere and blows it up.

2010 & 2011 The Premier League Champion
2012 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 13:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30082
Donate
dal.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

No, I meant the Victor Cruz of 2012, meaning the WR that comes out of nowhere and blows it up.

So far in 2012 Cruz has had 27 receptons 447 yards and 2 TDs.

Week 17 plus the playoffs :wink:

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 13:12 

Donate
nyj.gif
SJSwarm wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Ah. I still say you're a year too early, but I guess it's better to be early than late. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 13:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7983
Donate
cin.gif
625james wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

So far in 2012 Cruz has had 27 receptons 447 yards and 2 TDs.

Week 17 plus the playoffs :wink:

It's a leap year, so it doesn't count.

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 19:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3966
Donate
i read somewhere earlier that the Texans were working out Mike Sims-Walker this week.

FantasySharks Bottom-Dweller League 13
Balls of Steel Dynasty League

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 20:33 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1724
Donate
Per rotoworld:
Quote:
The Texans will work out free agent Mike Sims-Walker on Wednesday.Former Seahawks RB Justin Forsett will be at the same workout. It was rumored during the 2011 lockout that the Texans had interest in Sims-Walker, and they have a small receiver need with Andre Johnson rehabbing from a knee scope. Sims-Walker was cut by the Rams during last season, then resurfaced with the Jags. He was placed on injured reserve due to knee surgery in November. May 28 - 9:37 PM

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 21:48 

Donate
nyj.gif
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
i read somewhere earlier that the Texans were working out Mike Sims-Walker this week.

Mike Sims Walker 2012 = Mike Sims Walker

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 22:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281103
Donate
den.gif
endzoneview wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Ah. I still say you're a year too early, but I guess it's better to be early than late. :thumbright:

I will still take a late flyer on him.... If he's a yr away, no harm, no foul, but if he pulls a Cruz on us, he's Gold!

PostPosted: Wed 05.30.2012, 23:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 79191
Donate
Is he really annoying or something and is he going to do awful dance moves after some plays? Because I'm starting to hate him already ...

PostPosted: Thu 05.31.2012, 11:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27918
Donate
chi.gif
Jean has all the tools. So did Jacoby Jones. So did about 100,000 other WRs who didn't pan out.

But don't let me rain on his parade, take him in your dyno. Ya never know.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fn' muscle.