FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 19:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Cam Newton year 2
PostPosted: Sat 06.02.2012, 18:01 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1820
Donate
Like everyone I was stunned at the early success last year by Cam. I am curious what everyone thinks this year will look like for him. Will he take a slight step back this year with defenses having a year to study game film of him. Seemed like he tailed off a little at the end of the year. Or will the addition of some other weapons help. I tend to think that the yardage will be similar but the rushing TD's i think might fall off. What does the tank think.

Post subject: Re: Cam Newton year 2
PostPosted: Sat 06.02.2012, 18:21 

Sand$: 48482
Donate
nyj.gif
Cam is for real, one of my favorite players. I can easily envision a top 5 finish again. I think the extra offseason works offsets the typical sophomore slump. Ill take him in redrafts this year without hesitation (although his ADP may precent that)

PostPosted: Sat 06.02.2012, 22:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
i keep hearing that defenses won't have as difficult a time with him as they had last year but i don't buy it.

this will be the first time since high school he's been in the same system with the same coaches for more than one year.

this year he has the benefit of a full offseason with coaches and his teammates with one year of experience under his belt. he and the rest of the O is going to be a lot more confident in him and the system.

word is that chud has been going nuts with introducing new ideas and that everyone has been working well together. with a couple exceptions every day has been 100% participation at OTAs. newton hasn't stopped working. when he wasn't allowed to work at the facility because of CBA rules, he and some of his WRs went down to IMG to work out.

i don't know that he will be setting records this next year, but i don't expect a significant set back or a slump. i expect less mistakes, less rushing TDs, but more passing yards and TDs.

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 07:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11759
Donate
gb.gif
raynman wrote:
i keep hearing that defenses won't have as difficult a time with him as they had last year but i don't buy it.

this will be the first time since high school he's been in the same system with the same coaches for more than one year.

this year he has the benefit of a full offseason with coaches and his teammates with one year of experience under his belt. he and the rest of the O is going to be a lot more confident in him and the system.

word is that chud has been going nuts with introducing new ideas and that everyone has been working well together. with a couple exceptions every day has been 100% participation at OTAs. newton hasn't stopped working. when he wasn't allowed to work at the facility because of CBA rules, he and some of his WRs went down to IMG to work out.

i don't know that he will be setting records this next year, but i don't expect a significant set back or a slump. i expect less mistakes, less rushing TDs, but more passing yards and TDs.

^^^This sounds reasonable

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 08:47 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 4870
Donate
raynman wrote:

This is kind of where I am coming out on this. I expect his running stats to take a step back, especially in the area of TDs. And on the flipside, I could see his passing stats make a small bump, especially in the area of TDs.

It seemed like defenses started keying in on Steve Smith a little past mid-season. I'm pretty high on Brandon LaFell as a late round pick this year.

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 09:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4896
Donate
atl.gif
First of all I'm a Falcons fan..Would I rather have Cam than Ryan...No question. As much as I hate the panthers I love watching Cam play..It's like a Madden game when he's out there sometimes. I predict similar production with a few more passing TDs.

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 10:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 32114
Donate
I'm not a Panthers fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing them play this year. They were fun to watch last year, I can't wait to see what they do this year.

They got any primetime games this year?

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 11:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35706
Donate
mia.gif
Griffimo wrote:
I'm not a Panthers fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing them play this year. They were fun to watch last year, I can't wait to see what they do this year.

Week 3 Thursday night V. Giants
Week 12 Monday night V. Eagles

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 14:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37698
Donate
car.gif
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

Pretty pathetic IMO. I think everyone gets a Thursday game, it's not primetime. Helll, it's not even available to watch in a lot of markets.

1 stinkin' Monday night game. But that's ok, Chargers, 49ers and Broncos get 5 each. :roll:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 14:11 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 424
Donate
This is my first post since I just registered, so big shout out to fantasy sharks as I've follwed this site for 3 years and think it has really helped between the articles and these message boards...

As for cam newton, I think its very difficult to be sold on either side of the debate as in will he do better or worse. His passing yardage towards the end of the year was very avg if not below avg. He did awful in the pro bowl (yes the pro bowl means nothing, but his stats were ugly while everyone else's were very good and we know defense could care less in that game). His rushing TDs you would think would come down, will they risk injury and continue designed run plays for him? Steve smith is getting old, and I'm not sold on his other wr options. It also seemed towards the end of the year they limited his pass attempts and tried a more ball control offense to limit that the amount of time that horrendous defense had to be on the field. Will they resort to this with a healthier defense in order to win more games?

There are prob a few more red flags, there are also positives that you can look at as well such as...he plays in a division with high powered offenses and mediocre defenses which should result in shootouts. He supposedly been working all off season and will have an actual mini camp.
He can get you points thru the air and ground and just seems to have an incredible overall talent.

I love cam this year as a real football player as I think he will lead his team to a much better record but I'm not sure yet how well he would do for fantasy this year. I have an option to keep him in one league, (and prob will since he would be my second to last pick while aj green would be my 10th) but I highly doubt I will land him in redrafts due to his ADP.

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 14:59 

Sand$: 48482
Donate
nyj.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

Pretty pathetic IMO. I think everyone gets a Thursday game, it's not primetime. Helll, it's not even available to watch in a lot of markets.

1 stinkin' Monday night game. But that's ok, Chargers, 49ers and Broncos get 5 each. :roll:

NFL schedulers don't believe yet, hard to blame them. They still were 6-10

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 15:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13980
Donate
atl.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

Matt Ryan got 4 :D

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 17:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 111997
Donate
oak.gif
pwbowen wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

I can understand the 49ers to some extent, and the Bronco's have Manning so I get it. But WT F? is with the Charger love every year. I just don't get it.. :censor:

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 18:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 119139
Donate
min.gif
Ponder and the Viking's D w/o Cook and Winfield beat the Cats in Carolina but, the Vikings have 1 Thursday game and -0- Monday nighters... Yea, poor Cats :roll:

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun 06.03.2012, 18:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35706
Donate
mia.gif
The real tragedy is that the Colts and Jags face off in Prime Time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next