FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.16.2014, 18:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: mid round te
PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:45 
SandShark

Sand$: 254
Donate
min.gif
Looking at some mid round tight ends 6-7 rnd. I was thinking Jacob Tamme, Heath Miller, pettigrew(sp),or C fleener
What's your thoughts on a good mid rnd te

Post subject: Re: mid round te
PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:50 

Sand$: 51259
Donate
nyj.gif
All those guys should be had later than rounds 6-7 is my first thought.

For mid-rounders 6-7: Jason Witten or Fred Davis

For later rounds: I still rather have Tony Gonzalez over those guys you mentioned. He's old, but he's solid.

Even later: Owen Daniels, Greg Olsen

Super late: Ed Dickson

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:55 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1724
Donate
Should be going later, but I like Pettigrew in PPR. I think he will still end up being the Lions "running game".

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 11:56 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 78
Donate
I feel Gonzalez is a good value again this year. Fred Davis and Vernon Davis both have fallen a few times in the mocks I've done. If one of these guys fall a round scoop them up. I like Gresham and Pettigrew at their current ADPs.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=303641

Sand sponsorship available

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 12:07 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 4870
Donate
In the mocks I've done, Fred Davis and Jacob Tamme seem to be falling into the 7th. I think Fred Davis is a pretty good value at 6-7 or so. He was a top 5 TE last year in PPR until his extracurriculars caught up to him, and that was with John Beck and Sexy Rexy throwing him the ball.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 12:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14688
Donate
oak.gif
i like vernon davis rd 6,tony g rd 8,brent celek/jared cook rd 10-11 if jake locker gets the nod at starter i will be targeting cook in every league earlier just to grab him,last yr in limited play with locker,cook got 9/10 targets,7 rec 81 yds in less then 2 games

ps brent celek was a top 5 t/e the last 5 games of the season,so was vernon davis

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 13:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7733
Donate
jax.gif
jcalebmoore wrote:
Should be going later, but I like Pettigrew in PPR. I think he will still end up being the Lions "running game".

Agreed

Young TE who gets it w/ still his best stat years ahead of him.
Fantastic young QB throwing him the ball and all D's attention will be on the outside.

Wouldn't shock me to see him finish around 4-7 TE in any scoring system.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 13:18 

Donate
nyj.gif
hankrip wrote:
jcalebmoore wrote:

Agreed

Fantastic young QB throwing him the ball and all D's attention will be on the outside.

If only Scheffler wasn't there. While Pettigrew doubled Scheff's yardage, Scheffler still had more TD"s than Pettigrew.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 13:37 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 29534
Donate
dal.gif
hankrip wrote:
jcalebmoore wrote:

Agreed

Last year Pettigrew as #2 among TEs at targets 126 (Graham 149, Gronk 124), Pettigrew was #3 in receptions 83 (Graham 99, Gronk 90).

Where he lacks fantasy wise is TDs (he ranked 12th among TEs) and avg yards (he ranked 29th).

Pettigrew can easily jump into the top 5 next year.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 15:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55456
Donate
chi.gif
If you want to go really cheap, watch Kellen Davis on the Bears. He was held back in the Martz offense last year, which never uses TEs, and his blocking leaves a bit to be desired, but he's a 6'7 267 target with 4.5 speed and pretty good hands.

He's going undrafted so far, and really not even mentioned. Last year he only caught 18 balls, but 5 of them (28%) went for TDs.

Meanwhile his OC is a former TE and the QB coach/passing game "consultant" was in Denver when Scheffler put up some nice years with familiar faces Cutler and Marshall directing the passing game.

He's a flier to be sure, but he'll get minimal coverage, has the speed get past LBs and size to hold of DBs, and Lovie has consistently talked him up this off-season. There's always a difference between how he backs up all of his players (Hester can be a #1, Rex is our QB, etc) and when he's really excited about a guy. He's talking about Davis like he talked about Melton last year, a guy they were really high on.

Worth watching, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 15:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 37990
Donate
625james wrote:

He sure could, but there are only so many balls that can go to Megatron, Pettigrew, Young, Burleson and Scheffler, let alone the RBs. From where, do you expect to see the increased targets/production for Pettigrew?

More of a 'like to know' than 'questioning your logic'.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 15:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7733
Donate
jax.gif
R2000 wrote:
625james wrote:

He sure could, but there are only so many balls that can go to Megatron, Pettigrew, Young, Burleson and Scheffler, let alone the RBs. From where, do you expect to see the increased targets/production for Pettigrew?

More of a 'like to know' than 'questioning your logic'.

I don't think anyone thinks Pettrigrew will see more targets or receptions than last year. He doesn't need more in reality to up his FF value. His TD's will go up though b/c Sheffler and Megatrons TD production will regress to their means and Lions ability to run the ball in redzone is a big question mark... leaving him one of their best redzone options.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 16:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15245
Donate
Aside from the guys already mentioned:

Heath Miller << Haley offenses can use the TE (Witten 2004 - 2006) and the OL should need the extra blocker less in PIT this year
Jared Cook << Light finally started to flicker on last year
Tony Moeaki << Potential Injury risk)
Dwayne Allen/ Coby Fleener << Basically because the Colts have NO other TEs worth starting for any reason since they cut Eldridge

All available in Rnd #9 or later in redrafts.

Tamme is going in rnd #10 according to 122 RL 12 team league redrafts on MFL. kinda unbelievable almost, but great value. Probably going to be the guy some people will wait on and then someone will grab a bit earlier than you were hoping for.

Im hearing the optimism about Ausberry out in OAK, not sure im onboard yet. Not ruling it out, just something to watch.

Dickson vs Pitta? Who cares. Both wont be likely worth starting as it stands. I know most ppl prefer Dickson, but if i had to pick one id go with Pitta. He just looks more like a football player with some athleticism, rather than an athlete who can play some football (Dickson). Could be wrong, but i think Flacco and Pitta are also friendly IRL - not that will mean anything on Sunday. Be intersting to hear some Ravens homers thoughts, here.

Long term stashes, would be Ladarius Green and Luke Stocker imho

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 16:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 37990
Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
Im hearing the optimism about Ausberry out in OAK, not sure im onboard yet. Not ruling it out, just something to watch.

I would completely rule out Ausberry for redraft purposes, maybe as a really late TE2 in deep leagues. Too many targets in the passing game, plus we really need to wait it out for his 1st real year of experience. hear some occasional talk about a potential vet TE being brought in as well.

What might be of interest is if Knapp considers using Ausberry like a O Daniels.

PostPosted: Thu 06.07.2012, 16:50 

Donate
nyj.gif
R2000 wrote:

I would completely rule out Ausberry for redraft purposes, maybe as a really late TE2 in deep leagues. Too many targets in the passing game, plus we really need to wait it out for his 1st real year of experience. hear some occasional talk about a potential vet TE being brought in as well.

What might be of interest is if Knapp considers using Ausberry like a O Daniels.

Quote:
Offensive coordinator Greg Knapp admits that there’s work to be done before he and the other coaches can feel confident about what they have at the tight end position.
However, Knapp and others are confident that Ausberry, Brandon Myers and Richard Gordon are talented enough to step into heightened roles, with Ausberry the leading candidate to assume the starting role.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2 ... more-19369

There's an interview with Ausberry in the link if interested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next