FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.23.2014, 17:23

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 06.17.2012, 17:09 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1007
Donate
Describe your ultimate league or team management tool

Some friends are in the process of developing a FF research and management site

Are there any features or options that could help league commissioners or team owners better manage their league or team that current sites surprisingly don't offer?

For example until recently, there were little to no options to do weighted draft order selection online.

4th pick in the draft
Keepers (Murray for a 7th round pick, Cobb for an 8th round pick, Spiller for a 9th round pick)

PostPosted: Sun 06.17.2012, 21:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35480
Donate
car.gif
Ability to set my lineup retroactively in time.

Other than that, good luck to your friends trying to compete with mfl.com. The only complaint I've ever heard with them is non-instaneous scoring updates for those so sad and desperate that they spend their Sundays staring at a laptop. :wink:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 06.17.2012, 22:15 
Blue Shark

Donate
True , but they aren't trying to compete with mfl or any other league hosting site...their site, won't host any leagues but try to compliment the host sites and assist league or team managers with management and research needs throughout the season...also the are attempting to be more mobile oriented. Not sure if they are making an app or a multi screen site tho. So I guess a better question would have been are there any mobile functions or needs that people would like to see.

4th pick in the draft
Keepers (Murray for a 7th round pick, Cobb for an 8th round pick, Spiller for a 9th round pick)

PostPosted: Sun 06.17.2012, 22:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
rmccaul3 wrote:
True , but they aren't trying to compete with mfl or any other league hosting site...their site, won't host any leagues but try to compliment the host sites and assist league or team managers with management and research needs throughout the season...also the are attempting to be more mobile oriented. Not sure if they are making an app or a multi screen site tho. So I guess a better question would have been are there any mobile functions or needs that people would like to see.

Well, tell them to not forget to make fairly nebulous and unprovable claims like a certain Consultant of the Fantastical does with things like:

• 90+% of ___ Subscribers have made the playoffs year after year
• Over 50% have won at least 1 of their leagues year after year

I'm curious to see what their market strategy is and how they propose to generate revenue. I won't actually pay for anything but I'm curious what they are up to.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 00:11 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 78
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
rmccaul3 wrote:

Well, tell them to not forget to make fairly nebulous and unprovable claims like a certain Consultant of the Fantastical does with things like:

• 90+% of ___ Subscribers have made the playoffs year after year
• Over 50% have won at least 1 of their leagues year after year

I'm curious to see what their market strategy is and how they propose to generate revenue. I won't actually pay for anything but I'm curious what they are up to.

Ask Madlove, I'm sure he's already onto them.

I can't think of anything that isn't out there already.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=303641

Sand sponsorship available

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 06:06 
Blue Shark

Donate
As crazy as it sounds they aren't doing it to generate any revenue...they are FF nerds that happen to be developers as well and are taking this on as a little hobby...they believe that FF is behind in the mobile movement

4th pick in the draft

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 06:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
rmccaul3 wrote:
As crazy as it sounds they aren't doing it to generate any revenue...they are FF nerds that happen to be developers as well and are taking this on as a little hobby...they believe that FF is behind in the mobile movement

Why start from scratch? I'd say a really good ff site might be interested in getting an updated mobile version and they could get actual traffic by tying into a known name. Course I only know one really great ff site that I use.........

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 07:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15527
Donate
naysayers

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 08:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 55185
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
rmccaul3 wrote:

Why start from scratch? I'd say a really good ff site might be interested in getting an updated mobile version and they could get actual traffic by tying into a known name. Course I only know one really great ff site that I use.........

and your PM's aren't bothersome in the least bit. HA!

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 08:33 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 116593
Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
rmccaul3 wrote:

yahtzee... but who I ask..?.. who?

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 08:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
WHO wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
rmccaul3 wrote:

You must be thinking of someone else. I don't PM or PMS anyone around here. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 11:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 118
Donate
dal.gif
pwbowen wrote:
WHO wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
rmccaul3 wrote:

You must be thinking of someone else. I don't PM or PMS anyone around here. :twisted:

But you get someone with PMS to PM you that's pissing you off though

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 11:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 55185
Donate
Third and Long wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
WHO wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
rmccaul3 wrote:

I've captured the moment.

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 12:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15527
Donate
lulz

PostPosted: Mon 06.18.2012, 12:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
WHO wrote:
Third and Long wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
WHO wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
quote="rmccaul3" As crazy as it sounds they aren't doing it to generate any revenue...they are FF nerds that happen to be developers as well and are taking this on as a little hobby...they believe that FF is behind in the mobile movement /quote

I've captured the moment.

:lol:

Yes, I feel like the bear and wonder wth that is and how to it get the #$@! away from me.