FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 04.21.2014, 05:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 19:58 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
...is...?

I'm going with Tony Romo..For one to feel the Heat of that nagging elusive SB ring..you have to have the talent to assume they can do it..and the requisite clock is ticking.

Romo Has the pressure cooker on him, although there are plenty of others.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 21:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
...is...?

I'm going with Tony Romo..For one to feel the Heat of that nagging elusive SB ring..you have to have the talent to assume they can do it..and the requisite clock is ticking.

Romo Has the pressure cooker on him, although there are plenty of others.

i think the pressure is on him to just win more than one playoff game.

that's kind of shooting for the stars (pun not intended) as far as cowboys are concerned the last 15 years or so.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 21:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8760
Donate
gb.gif
You could make an argument for Rivers or Flacco. Both have or have had just about every possible opportunity, yet failed thus far.

Brady, despite his 3 early Super Bowls, has some pressure to win another (IMO). He is Super Man during the regular season, then Average Joe in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 21:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
i'd say phillip rivers. same with norv, actually. always talented. always just a little short (except last year when they were far short.)

i'm also going to say cam newton. the dude is raising the bar in a big way and he's going to be put under as much or more scrutiny than peyton manning to win it all. hopefully it will come a bit easier and more often.

probably the biggest pressure will come, unfortunately, just because of the color of his skin. i've got the feeling there's a lot riding on him because of that and that's unfortunate. i think he can take it all in stride, though.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 23:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2268
Donate
was.gif
:-k Lebron James!

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 23:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33365
Donate
car.gif
Jeez, can we NOT just blatantly rip-off ESPN? :roll:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 23:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113034
Donate
min.gif
Christian Ponder, duh.

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 23:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113034
Donate
min.gif
pwbowen wrote:
why not they rip us off all the time :roll:

PostPosted: Sat 06.23.2012, 23:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33365
Donate
car.gif
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Links? Proof? Evidence? Cause I'm sure not watching much of ESPN to find out. :lol:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 00:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Links? Proof? Evidence? Cause I'm sure not watching much of ESPN to find out. :lol:

Been traveling..havent seen much of bspn recently..i have a backlog of 8 PTI shows recorded that i haven't seen.

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 05:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14561
Donate
raynman wrote:
i'd say phillip rivers. same with norv, actually. always talented. always just a little short (except last year when they were far short.)

i'm also going to say cam newton. the dude is raising the bar in a big way and he's going to be put under as much or more scrutiny than peyton manning to win it all. hopefully it will come a bit easier and more often.

probably the biggest pressure will come, unfortunately, just because of the color of his skin. i've got the feeling there's a lot riding on him because of that and that's unfortunate. i think he can take it all in stride, though.

I think Newton is the complete opposite of what youre proposing (having the most pressure to win an SB this year). Still some rebuilding left to do. Great start though and top marks and credit to Newton for proving the naysayers (me inc) were full of it. I dont think ive seen (or will see) a single source namecheck Carolina as a potential SB winner this off-season.

Agreed ref: Romo & Flacco for slightly different reasons (both contractually related after a fashion tho)

Romo is now 32 (Flacco at least has youth and play-off wins under his belt) and is only signed thru 2013. Failure in 2012 means DAL start looking for the next guy...

Can anyone say Romo has EVER lacked for receiving weapons? Some yrs hes been without a complete running game - true. But some yrs he hasnt and its not like other teams havent won an SB or two with a less than conventional running game, but cant think of any off-hand that have ever done it without at least one truly good receiving option - Romo has always had two.

No way can i envisage JJ saying "Erm, yeah okay im going to reward a 34 yo QB who's consistently underperformed in the post season, despite the huge amount of time, resources and opportunity ive given him - lets make it rain!!". He underperforms in 2012 he'll either lowball him on an extension or trades him in his final yr (2013) to one of the many QB needy teams for a final payday if he can pick up a bluechip draft QB in the same year.

Flacco on the other hand can legitimately say a couple of things. Hes had very few seasons of having that receiving weapon all Sb winners have around him. Mason was past his sell by when he arrived being harsh but honest, Boldin wouldve helped if theyd had a consistent WR1 - but again is past it. Stallworth got IRd. So hes done more than Romo w/less.

Conversely the BAL defense has won/ kept games within his reach for a platform to win. Thats even before we get to Ray Rice and the BAL running game year-on-year (be it McGahee, Mclain or Rice - barring i think 1yr its been a good offensive unit). The defense is creaking, but i like the moves theyve made over the past couple of seasons and doubt it topples very far from its perch in years to come even w/out "that" trinity of defensive players (Suggs, Reed, Lewis).

He aint the best QB in the league, but hes done alright w/what hes got? Could others have done similarly? Who knows. But after Romo i think he's the guy under the most pressure to win an SB. Most of the pressure Flacco is generating is coming from his own mouth as well as the expectation that the vertical threats he now has should be pro bowl ready overnight. Smith is only in his 2nd yr and only has one rookie camp under his belt. Im sure he'll be productive, but it still takes time esp when youve gotten by on pure speed for a long time.

Rivers? Poor performance, question marks on mathews longevity over a full workload season plus all change at WR (oustside of gates) - i think SDC are more dark horses than favorites for an SB berth this year. Bit like the Saints sans SP as HC

As for the Qbs under the most pressure? Take your pick: Matt Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Matt Flynn, Matt Moore, Kevin Kolb, Josh freeman, (Luck & Bob Griff to a degree, but for me they get a mulligan despite the weight of their franchises' on their repsective shoulders - Weeden is on shakier ground), Peyton Manning, MARK SANCHEZ!

Part & parcel of the gig. You get paid the big bucks because the job and the scrutiny aint one many ppl can carry off.

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 06:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
is the discussion limited to just this year? i didn't think it was which is why i put down cam. if it is this year then by all mean take his name off. not sure anyone is putting pressure on cam to win a ring in his sophomore effort. pressure is on him to get to the playoffs, though.

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 07:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6285
Donate
ind.gif
NFL Players?!!??! Try being Votingmachine in the Detroit Lions league. 6 years and no Super Bowl win. Several Super Bowl losses. Last year 7-7. This year the family demands are larger (I think I have a daughter and a son now, possibly a dog). Paying a league entry fee is a bit tougher this year, even though the game is long and worth it. Romo has millions. I just want to win a few dollars.

Mike Vick ought to be in the pressure cooker after the Eagles Dream Team failed to launch. Wes Welker is getting the stink eye from Giselle and that ought to make him stressed. Does Tom have to race down there and catch the ball Wesley?

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 08:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11221
Donate
gb.gif
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Aaron Rodgers yet. He won his first SB two years ago, and then followed that up with one of the best seasons ever for a QB in NFL history, only to be bounced (and somewhat humiliated) in the first round last year. I know there are "experts" out there who might be wondering if A-Rod is a "one and done" kind of QB. I most certainly do not agree, but I can see where some folks might think that way. If he doesn't win one this year, you'll start hearing this more and more.

PostPosted: Sun 06.24.2012, 09:26 

Sand$: 41196
Donate
nyj.gif
AFC EAST: Sanchez
AFC WEST: Rivers
AFC NORTH: Flacco
AFC SOUTH: Schaub

NFC EAST: Vick and Romo
NFC WEST: Alex Smith
NFC NORTH: Stafford
NFC SOUTH: Ryan