Jame Starks

Post Reply  
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27395
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003
Sand$: 178.84
What’s up with him? Anybody looking to roster him? He’s a bargain right now and I look for him to move up the ADP list daily. Anybody buying into him and it so, at what point in the draft do you see him being taken come August?
_______________________________________

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6192
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 10,640.56
I'm not going to speculate on what his ADP may be come August, but yes, I'd be looking to roster him as a bench player with RB2 upside, but that you can probably draft as an RB 3/4. His upside is limited by the number of mouths to feed on that offense and they tend to use Rodgers and their WR more in the red zone than their RBs; but at the same time, it can be argued that the high-octane offense will produce more opportunities for him......
_______________________________________

User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36281
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,595.12
2012 James Starks thread!! =D>




...... let it roll baby roll... let it roll. . . . all-night-long.


.. alright! aayea! ... ya gotta roll, roll, roll. ya gotta thrill my soul, alright...
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35140
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 4,154.95
I can think of worst RB3s
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2007
Sand$: 3,602.66
I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009
Sand$: 27,821.28
I'm buying. CHOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 67355
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 303,804.07
I don't really have much interest but we will see in a few wks.... Maybe if you can buy super lower, might be worth a shot.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 45363
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 42,830.14
tnuts13 wrote:I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.


I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1251
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2007
Sand$: 3,602.66
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.


I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.


Went under the knife on November 16, 2011. I gree that I wouldn't touch them in redraft. Rather they will have a part to impact other players.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1808
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005
Sand$: 2,544.08
tnuts13 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.


I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.


Went under the knife on November 16, 2011. I gree that I wouldn't touch them in redraft. Rather they will have a part to impact other players.


Its hard to imagine that the Packers aren't hoping and possibly even expecting Green to supplant Starks. Starks hasn't shown much in the chances he's had, and the Packers did not acquire any RB of note in the off-season or draft.




:guns:
_______________________________________

"The wisest men follow their own direction
And listen to no prophet guiding them.
None but the fools believe in oracles,
Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC
Megalodon
Posts: 17320
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 22,123.04
TrojanKing wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.


I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.


Went under the knife on November 16, 2011. I gree that I wouldn't touch them in redraft. Rather they will have a part to impact other players.


Its hard to imagine that the Packers aren't hoping and possibly even expecting Green to supplant Starks. Starks hasn't shown much in the chances he's had, and the Packers did not acquire any RB of note in the off-season or draft.




:guns:


Alex Green = An only slightly better Brandon Jackson.

Yes theyd like him healthy, but the same could be true of everyone on their roster ;) He cant do what Starks does, Starks cant do what he does. Its an RBBC in the offing. Green is not someone id be hanging my hat on as a future full time starter.

In dynas enjoy the 2/3rds of a season youll get out of him. In redrafts his ADP is good enough that you should be able to get him and he should outperform his draft value, which is all you can ask for in any pick.
_______________________________________

Griff is a demi-god. That is all.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1808
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005
Sand$: 2,544.08
jamcutpost wrote:
TrojanKing wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.


I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.


Went under the knife on November 16, 2011. I gree that I wouldn't touch them in redraft. Rather they will have a part to impact other players.


Its hard to imagine that the Packers aren't hoping and possibly even expecting Green to supplant Starks. Starks hasn't shown much in the chances he's had, and the Packers did not acquire any RB of note in the off-season or draft.




:guns:


Alex Green = An only slightly better Brandon Jackson.

Yes theyd like him healthy, but the same could be true of everyone on their roster ;) He cant do what Starks does, Starks cant do what he does. Its an RBBC in the offing. Green is not someone id be hanging my hat on as a future full time starter.

In dynas enjoy the 2/3rds of a season youll get out of him. In redrafts his ADP is good enough that you should be able to get him and he should outperform his draft value, which is all you can ask for in any pick.


Quite a strong opinion. You must know Alex Green's skilset very well to be able to educate us like this.
:F
_______________________________________

"The wisest men follow their own direction
And listen to no prophet guiding them.
None but the fools believe in oracles,
Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC
Great White Shark
Posts: 8345
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004
Sand$: 40,491.30
As long as GB has Rodgers playing at high level, any of their RBs regardless of skill set will be nothing more than a flex play.
_______________________________________

Image
Megalodon
Posts: 17320
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 22,123.04
TrojanKing wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
TrojanKing wrote:Its hard to imagine that the Packers aren't hoping and possibly even expecting Green to supplant Starks. Starks hasn't shown much in the chances he's had, and the Packers did not acquire any RB of note in the off-season or draft.




:guns:


Alex Green = An only slightly better Brandon Jackson.

Yes theyd like him healthy, but the same could be true of everyone on their roster ;) He cant do what Starks does, Starks cant do what he does. Its an RBBC in the offing. Green is not someone id be hanging my hat on as a future full time starter.

In dynas enjoy the 2/3rds of a season youll get out of him. In redrafts his ADP is good enough that you should be able to get him and he should outperform his draft value, which is all you can ask for in any pick.


Quite a strong opinion. You must know Alex Green's skilset very well to be able to educate us like this.
:F


Almost as strong an opinion as second guessing the packers front office perhaps ... Or informing us that he wasnt able to do much with what chances hes had?

Why dont you tell us what you see when you look at Alex Green and "educate" us perhaps?

Id love to know how you evaluate Green and why you disagree
_______________________________________

Griff is a demi-god. That is all.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17772
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008
Sand$: 20,022.16


4.5 40 6' 225lbs.




4.5 40 6'2" 211

They are basically the same guy. When Green is healthy I don't see why they would not roll with two backs and keep both fresh and healthy.
_______________________________________

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Blucuss, RedBaron8, rugger48 and 7 guests