FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 12.18.2014, 11:25

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Jame Starks
PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 14:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 2990
Donate
dal.gif
What’s up with him? Anybody looking to roster him? He’s a bargain right now and I look for him to move up the ADP list daily. Anybody buying into him and it so, at what point in the draft do you see him being taken come August?

Post subject: Re: Jame Starks
PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 14:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1751
Donate
cin.gif
I'm not going to speculate on what his ADP may be come August, but yes, I'd be looking to roster him as a bench player with RB2 upside, but that you can probably draft as an RB 3/4. His upside is limited by the number of mouths to feed on that offense and they tend to use Rodgers and their WR more in the red zone than their RBs; but at the same time, it can be argued that the high-octane offense will produce more opportunities for him......

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 15:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120001
Donate
min.gif
2012 James Starks thread!! =D>

...... let it roll baby roll... let it roll. . . . all-night-long.

.. alright! aayea! ... ya gotta roll, roll, roll. ya gotta thrill my soul, alright...

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 16:43 

Sand$: 48164
Donate
nyj.gif
I can think of worst RB3s

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 18:07 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3471
Donate
I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 19:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
I'm buying. CHOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 20:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 283011
Donate
den.gif
I don't really have much interest but we will see in a few wks.... Maybe if you can buy super lower, might be worth a shot.

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 20:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 38818
Donate
car.gif
tnuts13 wrote:
I think given his current ADP and what value you'll get is good. If it goes high though I'm not buying. RB3 to RB3.5 I'm OK with. I think there will be two new players in GB in the form of Randall Cobb and Alex Green. You should see more of Green this year. For the purpose of this thread he's not a terrible pick with the amount of RBBC in the league. I will say GB won't be running for many TD's. (26th in rushing attempts and 16th in rushing TD's (Misleading considering they don't run traditional offense 3 TD's total for Grant and Starks)) I would think a decent yardage total minus the TD's. Not much upside with an injury risk. Not really what I'll be looking for. Around that area I'd rather take a player with talent stuck behind an injury risk or maybe a talented backup that is also a goal line thief.

I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 20:41 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3471
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:

I think you're a year early with Cobb. I'd love him in Dyno but not much interest in redrafts.

Didn't Green just tear up that ACL last October? He might even start this season on the PUP list. I'd need a pretty big bench to invest a pick on him.

Went under the knife on November 16, 2011. I gree that I wouldn't touch them in redraft. Rather they will have a part to impact other players.

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 22:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2405
Donate
nyg.gif
tnuts13 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:

Went under the knife on November 16, 2011. I gree that I wouldn't touch them in redraft. Rather they will have a part to impact other players.

Its hard to imagine that the Packers aren't hoping and possibly even expecting Green to supplant Starks. Starks hasn't shown much in the chances he's had, and the Packers did not acquire any RB of note in the off-season or draft.

:guns:

Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 06:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16117
Donate
TrojanKing wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:

Its hard to imagine that the Packers aren't hoping and possibly even expecting Green to supplant Starks. Starks hasn't shown much in the chances he's had, and the Packers did not acquire any RB of note in the off-season or draft.

Alex Green = An only slightly better Brandon Jackson.

Yes theyd like him healthy, but the same could be true of everyone on their roster ;) He cant do what Starks does, Starks cant do what he does. Its an RBBC in the offing. Green is not someone id be hanging my hat on as a future full time starter.

In dynas enjoy the 2/3rds of a season youll get out of him. In redrafts his ADP is good enough that you should be able to get him and he should outperform his draft value, which is all you can ask for in any pick.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 10:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2405
Donate
nyg.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
TrojanKing wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:

Yes theyd like him healthy, but the same could be true of everyone on their roster ;) He cant do what Starks does, Starks cant do what he does. Its an RBBC in the offing. Green is not someone id be hanging my hat on as a future full time starter.

In dynas enjoy the 2/3rds of a season youll get out of him. In redrafts his ADP is good enough that you should be able to get him and he should outperform his draft value, which is all you can ask for in any pick.

Quite a strong opinion. You must know Alex Green's skilset very well to be able to educate us like this.
:F

Forsaking their own judgment. Those who know,
Know that such men can only come to grief." - Euripides, 414 BC

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 10:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7999
Donate
jax.gif
As long as GB has Rodgers playing at high level, any of their RBs regardless of skill set will be nothing more than a flex play.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 11:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16117
Donate
TrojanKing wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:
TrojanKing wrote:

Quite a strong opinion. You must know Alex Green's skilset very well to be able to educate us like this.
:F

Almost as strong an opinion as second guessing the packers front office perhaps ... Or informing us that he wasnt able to do much with what chances hes had?

Why dont you tell us what you see when you look at Alex Green and "educate" us perhaps?

Id love to know how you evaluate Green and why you disagree

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 11:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif

4.5 40 6' 225lbs.

4.5 40 6'2" 211

They are basically the same guy. When Green is healthy I don't see why they would not roll with two backs and keep both fresh and healthy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next