FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.24.2014, 20:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Jay Cutler
PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 21:37 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 536
Donate
chi.gif
I know those projections are from June....but I see Cutler as a top 15(easily) this year. The offense he has is the best Chicago has had maybe ever....a true #1 who he has Pro Bowl seasons with....Martz is gone....forte (fingers crossed) and bush in the backfield....bennet and hester/jeffrey also....I'm sure I'll get blown up, but as a Bears fan I have to believe my qb is better than sanchez, griffinIII, dalton, fitz, and freeman

Post subject: Re: Jay Cutler
PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 21:39 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3457
Donate
ironmonkey78 wrote:
I know those projections are from June....but I see Cutler as a top 15(easily) this year. The offense he has is the best Chicago has had maybe ever....a true #1 who he has Pro Bowl seasons with....Martz is gone....forte (fingers crossed) and bush in the backfield....bennet and hester/jeffrey also....I'm sure I'll get blown up, but as a Bears fan I have to believe my qb is better than sanchez, griffinIII, dalton, fitz, and freeman

Ahhhh so what's your question here? I think everyone agrees that he'll finish top 15...

PostPosted: Mon 07.02.2012, 21:43 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 536
Donate
chi.gif
tnuts13 wrote:
ironmonkey78 wrote:

Ahhhh so what's your question here? I think everyone agrees that he'll finish top 15...

more just a witch session on the projections this site has....just thought they'd be updated at least once and would give some love to cutty.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 09:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 4651
Donate
dal.gif
I dont dont see Cutler being on many Championship rosters come late December.

I talked to Jerry Jones over the weekend. I asked him if I could use 6 of his Dallas Cowboys players to be pall bearers at my funeral. He asked me why and I told him that I wanted the Dallas Cowboys to let me down one last time.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 09:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 14745
Donate
ironmonkey78 wrote:
tnuts13 wrote:
ironmonkey78 wrote:

more just a witch session on the projections this site has....just thought they'd be updated at least once and would give some love to cutty.

Watchutalkinbout?

Try out the shiny, new FS rankings.

http://www.fantasysharks.com/apps/bert/forecasts/rankings.php?Segment=426

Updated fairly regularly
    Cutler inside top 15
    Ranked by all 5 guys as top 13 (as high as 7 as low as 13)

FWIW, on the projections? Cutler is there at 21, but dont forget its 4pts per TD, 1pt per 20yds and Tice isnt Mike Martz (which is probably a good thing!) :)

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 09:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37330
Donate
chi.gif
Cutler's a decent fantasy starter this season (top 10). I wouldn't feel good about matching him up against Rodgers or Brady, but he can be in the Rivers/Roethlisberger range of guys who will usually be solid and are great picks if you've loaded up on good RBs & WRs in the first few rounds.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 09:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 54882
Donate
chi.gif
5XChamps wrote:

As stated in another thread, 5X only sees Peyton Manning as being on many championship rosters come late December.

Cutler was on pace to break every Bears passing record last year before he got injured, and he only had one legit WR. Half the season Dane Sanzenbacher was starting a UDFA who won't even make the team this year.

Sanz. Roy Williams. Hester in a top role. And even Bennett was injured for a number of games after the Saints sainted him, though he was great when he was on the field (dropped 0 catchable balls last year).

Marshall. Bennett. Hester in a situational role. Jeffery. Forte. Carimi back at RT. No 7-step drops anymore. There's a lot to like.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 09:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4585
Donate
vonbearsalot wrote:
5XChamps wrote:

As stated in another thread, 5X only sees Peyton Manning as being on many championship rosters come late December.

Cutler was on pace to break every Bears passing record last year before he got injured, and he only had one legit WR. Half the season Dane Sanzenbacher was starting a UDFA who won't even make the team this year.

Sanz. Roy Williams. Hester in a top role. And even Bennett was injured for a number of games after the Saints sainted him, though he was great when he was on the field (dropped 0 catchable balls last year).

Marshall. Bennett. Hester in a situational role. Jeffery. Forte. Carimi back at RT. No 7-step drops anymore. There's a lot to like.

how big is his forehead?

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 10:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Not big enough.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 11:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 922
Donate
Shhhhhh Cutler is my late round QB pick... get your other guys, get Cutler later, be happy.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 11:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 10061
Donate
pit.gif
Agree

Very happy to pair Cutler with with say Roethlisberger given their ADP's and play matchups during the season and use the first 7 or so rounds before taking Ben to load up on RB's, WR's and a top 5-6 TE.

FWIW and probably not much fantasy wise - Jaws has Cutler as his overall #8 QB in his top 30 rankings.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 12:03 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Jaws is one of the few guys who actually likes Cutler. Him and Greg Cosell. You know, guys who watch tape and actual performance instead of just spewing the sensationalist ESPN storyline tripe.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 12:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16466
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Jaws is one of the few guys who actually likes Cutler. Him and Greg Cosell. You know, guys who watch tape and actual performance instead of just spewing the sensationalist ESPN storyline tripe.

Yeah Yeah Yeah all great in all but how is he with kittens. Lets get to the meat in the matter.

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 12:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 114106
Donate
min.gif
the tank hype train starts?

PostPosted: Tue 07.03.2012, 12:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16466
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
birddog wrote:
the tank hype train starts?

Train? Donkey, Cart, Carrot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next