Chipper Jones is the man

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,223.14
Nothing related to fantasy.. Just an ATL homer with an undying hard-on for Chipper

I can only hope my kids turn out to play ball like him one day


Image

5 for 5 night with a web gem in the field. Straight beast.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7074
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006
Sand$: 5,999.88
Chipper Jones probably would have won MLB’s “Final Vote” contest for the last remaining spot on the National League All-Star roster. But with Dodgers outfielder Matt Kemp bowing out due to a hamstring injury, the veteran third baseman no longer needs your clicks.

Chipper was officially tabbed as Kemp’s replacement on Tuesday evening and celebrated by going 5-for-5 with two doubles and four RBI in the Braves’ 10-3 stomping of the Cubs at Atlanta’s Turner Field.

It was only the third 5-for-5 game of his career and his first five-hit performance since August 11, 2002.

“Tonight was just one of those dream games,” Jones told beat writer David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution late Tuesday night. “I’d be hard-pressed to find another game where I played better. … That more than likely is my last five-hit game. I’m glad it happened here at home.”

Jones, 40, has already announced that he is going to retire after this season. The .304/.402/.531 career hitter is batting .313/.389/.485 through 46 games and should remain relevant in mixed fantasy leagues until the very end.


=D>
_______________________________________

Sharks with Big Sticks and Stealing Home Keeper Baseball Leagues.

Hoping to do better then Hardwood Sharks basketball league after playing in my second straight championship game and getting embarrassed in the finals!
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8848
Joined: Thu Oct 9, 2003
Sand$: 1,477.20
Always made it look so easy with that swing.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8848
Joined: Thu Oct 9, 2003
Sand$: 1,477.20
Just looked at his stats and hit 1999 MVP was won against an absolutely loaded deck against him like Sosa and McGwire.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/award ... html#NLmvp
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4076
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 2,212.67
Longhorns76 wrote:Just looked at his stats and hit 1999 MVP was won against an absolutely loaded deck against him like Sosa and McGwire.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/award ... html#NLmvp


Oh, you mean the year Jeff Bagwell was robbed? Yeah...
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Oct 5, 2006
Sand$: 3,223.14
Virro wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:Just looked at his stats and hit 1999 MVP was won against an absolutely loaded deck against him like Sosa and McGwire.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/award ... html#NLmvp


Oh, you mean the year Jeff Bagwell was robbed? Yeah...


Are we looking at the same numbers?
User avatar
Honorary Megalodon
Posts: 6187
Joined: Thu Jul 8, 2010
Sand$: 12,521.58
In spite of the fact that he has always been a thorn in the side of every Mets fan, I have to tip my hat to him. He is a class act and an outstanding ball player.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4076
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007
Sand$: 2,212.67
jdferguson07 wrote:
Virro wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:Just looked at his stats and hit 1999 MVP was won against an absolutely loaded deck against him like Sosa and McGwire.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/award ... html#NLmvp


Oh, you mean the year Jeff Bagwell was robbed? Yeah...


Are we looking at the same numbers?


You're definitely looking at the wrong numbers if you're asking that question. I maintain. Baggy was robbed.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14711
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 37,789.48
Virro wrote:
jdferguson07 wrote:
Virro wrote:
Longhorns76 wrote:Just looked at his stats and hit 1999 MVP was won against an absolutely loaded deck against him like Sosa and McGwire.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/award ... html#NLmvp


Oh, you mean the year Jeff Bagwell was robbed? Yeah...


Are we looking at the same numbers?


You're definitely looking at the wrong numbers if you're asking that question. I maintain. Baggy was robbed.


He already had one, so they let Chipper have it.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Leopard Shark
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009
Sand$: 371.00
_______________________________________

Image
Image
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15415
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 39,126.96
Lol hilarious!!! He lost the game lol SF GIants #1
Chum
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013
Sand$: 8.00
_DoTTeR_ wrote:smilies

yea right
_______________________________________

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests