FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.29.2014, 11:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 09:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4549
Donate
chi.gif
I'd like to make a suggestion if at all possible.. Is there a way to note a specific player on the cheet sheets showing if they will be serving any early season suspensions? Nothing is worse than drafting someone and then realizing they are suspended the 1st 5 weeks..

I generally do my best to make notes myself but it's pretty hard with so many players out there.

Thanks! and great work so far!! :thumbright:

TE: V. Davis, Josh Cameron ( 2 TE league )
PK: Prater
D: Carolina

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 11:03 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1394
Donate
hou.gif
If this is possible, I would LOVE this kind of feature. I have a hard time trying to keep up with the latest on all the FF relevant players, myself. I'm sure this would be a huge undertaking for the admins, but I'm all for it if it's possible!

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 12:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 53559
Donate
I think I'd revolt at all the hand holding. I can understand it but conversely, at some point in time, isn't this left up to you to know and do the research and be aware? I mean, why not auto draft and let the league software pick your starters for you, too?

I'm just saying...where would it end? How about a prison term field on the cheat sheet to let everyone know when Rae Carruth will be eligible for parole or gets out?

I don't know, the whole idea of all the hand holding pisses me off. Maybe it's just me.

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 13:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 808
Donate
was.gif
WHO wrote:
I'm just saying...where would it end? How about a prison term field on the cheat sheet to let everyone know when Rae Carruth will be eligible for parole or gets out?

:thumbright: I am all in for this. Especially with this thread filling up: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=284336

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 15:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
WHO wrote:
I think I'd revolt at all the hand holding. I can understand it but conversely, at some point in time, isn't this left up to you to know and do the research and be aware? I mean, why not auto draft and let the league software pick your starters for you, too?

I don't know, the whole idea of all the hand holding pisses me off. Maybe it's just me.

you know.. i'd agree with you however when i'm drafting i'm going to be following a ton of players that i would like. However that generally doesnt pan out.. When it comes my time to draft and all the guys i've been following are taken i more than likely have to select someone i havent followed.

But to say you'd revolt at the " hand holding " then were are your revolt posts for the creation of the " who should i start/sit " forum... :-"

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 16:15 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2542
Donate
oak.gif
That's a huge onus you're asking the mods to undertake...

IMO, half the enjoyment of this hobby is keeping up with the perils of the NFL. I'd have to believe that most of us don't completely turn off the FF switch after the seasons Super Bowl. We may dim the light some, but me personally I indulge myself in the off season antics of some players.

Every player that has either a off/in season violation is smeared all over the press. You'd practically have to be living under a rock not to know that Mikel Lashoure will likely be serving a 2 game suspension for fumbling a bong, not once but twice.

Rae Carruth is serving 18-24 years, expected release date is 2018.

Alas, one of the biggest thugs in the NFL, got a DWI in his hometown of Oakland Saturday night. This is the Beasts 3rd encounter with the police. The hammer (Roger Gooddell) might come down on him too...

QB Foles Wilson
RB Ball Mathews Miller Ridley White
WR Bryant Crabtree Patterson Cooks Boykin
TE Pitta Bennett
DST Broncos Chiefs
K Novak

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 16:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
hey.. it was just a suggestion.. even if anyone that is going to serve a suspension let that name be bolded or have a astrik on the cheet sheets.. I mean every week you guys are updating the rankings so it's not like once the list is complete no one does edits to it.

like i said, just a suggestion.. I've been here a long time and appreciate the work the tank has been doing, i just know come draft time nerves can get the best of you and your draft can make or break your season.

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 16:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
moe D wrote:
WHO wrote:

you know.. i'd agree with you however when i'm drafting i'm going to be following a ton of players that i would like. However that generally doesnt pan out.. When it comes my time to draft and all the guys i've been following are taken i more than likely have to select someone i havent followed.

But to say you'd revolt at the " hand holding " then were are your revolt posts for the creation of the " who should i start/sit " forum... :-"

Asking an opinion on a player matchup is waaaaaaay different than having a sheet highlighted for you as to who is suspended for how long. That's like asking someone else to do your homework. And for the record, I don't think I've ever posted in the "Who should I start/sit" forum. I may have but I like to make my own decisions based on what I've studied and know. Now I've come full circle. See, it's up to me to do my own evaluations and act accordingly. I hinted at the automatic loop de loop by indicating the league software could pick your team and starters for you. My point is where do you come in and show what you know verses everything being laid out for you?

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 16:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
chi.gif
WHO wrote:
moe D wrote:
WHO wrote:

Asking an opinion on a player matchup is waaaaaaay different than having a sheet highlighted for you as to who is suspended for how long. That's like asking someone else to do your homework. And for the record, I don't think I've ever posted in the "Who should I start/sit" forum. I may have but I like to make my own decisions based on what I've studied and know. Now I've come full circle. See, it's up to me to do my own evaluations and act accordingly. I hinted at the automatic loop de loop by indicating the league software could pick your team and starters for you. My point is where do you come in and show what you know verses everything being laid out for you?

It's called a CHEAT SHEET for a reason.. I pick my own guys and do quite well and i also give a lot of good advise here on the site.. I was suggesting, since the site has asked for suggestions in the past, on how to make their cheat sheet better. I'm not asking for how long they are suspended for, just a label so I know research that specific player as to how long they will be suspended for. This saves us time from having to scan over 30+ pages of " police blotter " or other pages of the like to see who is suspended. If you dont like my suggestion feel free to read a different thread to continue your draft research.

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 17:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34012
Donate
car.gif
It would be much easier to have a stickied thread with suspensions noted. It won't really be that long of a list.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 17:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
moe D wrote:
WHO wrote:
moe D wrote:
WHO wrote:

It's called a CHEAT SHEET for a reason.. I pick my own guys and do quite well and i also give a lot of good advise here on the site.. I was suggesting, since the site has asked for suggestions in the past, on how to make their cheat sheet better. I'm not asking for how long they are suspended for, just a label so I know research that specific player as to how long they will be suspended for. This saves us time from having to scan over 30+ pages of " police blotter " or other pages of the like to see who is suspended. If you dont like my suggestion feel free to read a different thread to continue your draft research.

Just a topic of discussion offering my opinion. I didn't say I didn't like your suggestion. I did say I can understand it. It's a tool. You should make it happen via pw's idea.

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 17:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33456
Donate
mia.gif
pwbowen wrote:
It would be much easier to have a stickied thread with suspensions noted. It won't really be that long of a list.

Best/easiest option.

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 18:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13397
Donate
Elmagister wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

Best/easiest option.

I like the "do your homework" option. It's part of what makes up Pareto's Principle.

Cutler, Russell
LeSean, Pierre, Lamar, West, Hill, Starks
Alshon, Cruz, Cordy, Wallace, Cooks, Streater, Douglas, Latimer, Richardson
Cameron
TBD

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 18:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13397
Donate
Crestonetc wrote:
That's a huge onus you're asking the mods to undertake...

IMO, half the enjoyment of this hobby is keeping up with the perils of the NFL. I'd have to believe that most of us don't completely turn off the FF switch after the seasons Super Bowl. We may dim the light some, but me personally I indulge myself in the off season antics of some players.

Every player that has either a off/in season violation is smeared all over the press. You'd practically have to be living under a rock not to know that Mikel Lashoure will likely be serving a 2 game suspension for fumbling a bong, not once but twice.

Rae Carruth is serving 18-24 years, expected release date is 2018.

Alas, one of the biggest thugs in the NFL, got a DWI in his hometown of Oakland Saturday night. This is the Beasts 3rd encounter with the police. The hammer (Roger Gooddell) might come down on him too...

I still have Carruth stashed in a keeper league.

Cutler, Russell
LeSean, Pierre, Lamar, West, Hill, Starks
Alshon, Cruz, Cordy, Wallace, Cooks, Streater, Douglas, Latimer, Richardson
Cameron
TBD

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler

PostPosted: Tue 07.17.2012, 18:31 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 3580
Donate
ne.gif
Wow. I think everyone needs to get to a live draft and vent some of this frustration. Honestly, he is not asking for anything that other sites don't already do. I completely understand the pride in going in with your own knowledge on draft day, but let's be completely honest. Those opinions are often formed from information gathered and validated in the tank as well as other sites. Most sites I go to have an icon next to players who are suspended or injured. Really that is all he is asking for. As the OP stated, it was merely a suggestion.