FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.01.2014, 23:31

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Roddy White
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 09:42 
Chum

Sand$: 6
Donate
phi.gif
What is the tank's opinion on White's numbers for this season? Does year two of Julio Jones bring his number down alot? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Roddy White
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 11:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16608
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
I will flip a coin. Rip the chum heads. Answer the question tails.

Dammit tails.

I would lower his receptions. increase his production. decrease his Tds by 2.

Quote:
2011 100 1296 8
2010 115 1389 10
2009 85 1153 11
2008 88 1382 7
2007 83 1202 6
2006 30 506
2005 29 446 3

My guess would be 80 1400-1500 6 tds. If defenses key in on Julio which is the bigger game breaking threat. Roddy on one and one match ups will be far more productive in yac. A lot depends on Julio. If he has a second year slump. Roddy could be good for 110 1200 10 tds.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 11:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

I'd expect similar #s to last season.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 11:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39134
Donate
pit.gif
TheChamp wrote:

100 reception 1300 yards and 8 tds?

even roddy disagrees with you. Julio will most likly be the #1 option while white will be sharing the #2 option with the backs, douglas, and gonzo.

Quote:
Roddy White says new Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter plans to lean on the 30-year-old receiver less in 2012.We expected as much with Julio Jones taking on a bigger role. It's just surprising that White said it aloud. "We switched some things up," White said. "We are doing the things [Koetter] likes to do. He’s a smart guy, and he knows what we do best." White has at least 100 catches in back-to-back seasons. It sounds like he doesn't expect a third year of that. "I know that sounds crazy, but we’ve got other guys out there that can play," White said. "Julio is going to be a big part of the offense this year. Harry [Douglas] is going to do wonders in the slot. We have to maximize our talent and get the ball in everyone’s hands."

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
rugger48 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:

even roddy disagrees with you. Julio will most likly be the #1 option while white will be sharing the #2 option with the backs, douglas, and gonzo.

Quote:
Roddy White says new Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter plans to lean on the 30-year-old receiver less in 2012.We expected as much with Julio Jones taking on a bigger role. It's just surprising that White said it aloud. "We switched some things up," White said. "We are doing the things [Koetter] likes to do. He’s a smart guy, and he knows what we do best." White has at least 100 catches in back-to-back seasons. It sounds like he doesn't expect a third year of that. "I know that sounds crazy, but we’ve got other guys out there that can play," White said. "Julio is going to be a big part of the offense this year. Harry [Douglas] is going to do wonders in the slot. We have to maximize our talent and get the ball in everyone’s hands."

Seen the quote, don't buy it; that's just Roddy being humble and embracing a new teammate. Never take what players say at face value. The twin headed monster of Roddy/Julio will be a difficult one for defenses to figure out, its never so black and white that X WR will face coverage all year long (unless Y receiver is much less talented than X, which is obviously not the case w/ Roddy + Julio)

Don't be so quick to forget that Roddy's "1300/8" you are questioning has been his standard for the past 4 years (avg #s, +/-), and he hasn't had any significant decline in talent from watching him play.

At the end of the day, both are gonna have respectable seasons. I'll take the proven Roddy over Julio still.

Last edited by TheChamp on Mon 07.23.2012, 12:37, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:37 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1308
Donate
nyj.gif
rugger48 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:

Quote:

I find that incredibly hard to beleive. Julio is a great talet but no where the player roddy is right now.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
TheChamp wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:

Quote:

Seen the quote, don't buy it; that's just Roddy being humble and embracing a new teammate. Never take what players say at face value. The twin headed monster of Roddy/Julio will be a difficult one for defenses to figure out, its never so black and white that X WR will face coverage all year long (unless Y receiver is much less talented than X, which is obviously not the case w/ Roddy + Julio)

Don't be so quick to forget that Roddy's "1300/8" you are questioning has been his standard for the past 4 years (avg #s, +/-), and he hasn't had any significant decline in talent from watching him play.

At the end of the day, both are gonna have respectable seasons. I'll take the proven Roddy over Julio still.

nope, new OC, they have said they will involve the rbs alot more in the passing game. Ball will be spread around more at the cost of white's targets. Has nothing to do with a decline in talent, these tend to happen when you go into the playoffs and only score 2 points. Dont believe it if you dont want, but thats whats happening, unless julio doesnt stay healthy.

Last edited by rugger48 on Mon 07.23.2012, 15:10, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
DrunkLikeAChampion wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:

Quote:

I find that incredibly hard to beleive. Julio is a great talet but no where the player roddy is right now.

Julio is an elite talent, roddys a player that has been force fed the ball because they havent had anybody else, but gonzo and hes declining. Julio can adjust to the ball as good as some the best in the NFL right now. Im betting your going to seesomething closer to what the saints do on offense.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3017
Donate
nyg.gif
Hopefully this talk will make Roddy White my number 2 reciever in a PPR.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 462
Donate
pit.gif
Not looking to grab him, I'd much prefer Julio this season.

If you want to look at last season's stats, without a full off-season, he averaged almost as many PPG as Roddy did, even including all the games he was injured in. Just look at when he was healthy enough to play the entire game (knocked out of Packers and Saints) and take that average, he had top 6 numbers. This kid has great talent and the shift to a more open playbook gives him top 5 upside -- possibly top 3.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 15:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
zodiak wrote:

If you want to look at last season's stats, without a full off-season, he averaged almost as many PPG as Roddy did, even including all the games he was injured in. Just look at when he was healthy enough to play the entire game (knocked out of Packers and Saints) and take that average, he had top 6 numbers. This kid has great talent and the shift to a more open playbook gives him top 5 upside -- possibly top 3.

Ya I was trying to get him in one league, person is basically asking at an elite level price.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 16:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33084
Donate
car.gif
rugger48 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:

Quote:

nope, new OC, they have said they will involve the rbs alot more in the passing game. Ball will be spread around more at the cost of white's targets. Has nothing to do with a decline in talent, these tend to happen when you go into the playoffs and only score 2 points. Dont believe it if you dont want, but thats whats happening, unless julio doesnt stay healthy.

Can't wait to watch Michael Turner trying to fight off passes to his head like bees. That will be highly entertaining. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 16:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 462
Donate
pit.gif
rugger48 wrote:
zodiak wrote:

Ya I was trying to get him in one league, person is basically asking at an elite level price.

I'd be willing to pay it in dynasty leagues. He's one of the main targets I have in my start up Dynasty this season and I assume it will be a hefty price. Young WR with elite upside and a young QB who can only get better. The pricetag will only go up from here.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 16:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8257
Donate
pit.gif
Depends on how they use Roddy White this year and whether Matt Ryan can improve on his accuracy (either his skills mprove or the offensive philosophy changes to allow him to make higher percentage throws)

White had 179 targets in 2011 vs Jones who had 94 in terms of numbers of targets and Roddy White ended up with about a 55% catch rate vs Julio Jones 57% - both in the same ballpark.

I have my doubts on how much more efficient both Jones and White can be in terms of raising their catch percentage which are pretty good relative to other comparable receivers as you have to exclude guys like Welker, Jimmy Graham, Pettigrew, Gronk etc.

If you split their target totals equally, both would end up with about 136 targets at a 57% completion rate or close to 80 receptions and just about top 10 numbers - receptions.

The difference seems to be in their big play ability or perhaps the routes they run as Jones averaged almost 18 yards a catch / 7th in the league while White was in the 13+ yards a catch or below the top 40.

The latter stat along with the likely shift in SOME targets from White to Jones is why fantasy owners are drooling over what he could do this year and possibly be a top 5 type receiver.

Roddy looks to me like a solid mid-high end PPR WR2 with little risk of sliding any lower than that in 2012.

Last edited by jesteva on Tue 07.24.2012, 04:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 16:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
zodiak wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
zodiak wrote:

I'd be willing to pay it in dynasty leagues. He's one of the main targets I have in my start up Dynasty this season and I assume it will be a hefty price. Young WR with elite upside and a young QB who can only get better. The pricetag will only go up from here.

yep, just cant justfy tearing my team apart for it.