FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.22.2014, 16:23

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 10:44 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.21.2004, 15:53
Posts: 3760
Sand$: 1141
Donate
Location: THE ILLADELPH
phi.gif
Sharks-

I originally thought this year that drafting from the 12th position would be a great place to be able to get back to back stars in a year with a lot of uncertainty outside of the top 4.

However, based on tons of mock drafts it seems as if being in the center spots 6,7,8 might be of greater value given the ability to take a top RB(Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, Maurice Jones Drew) and then a strong WR1 in the 2nd round.

I have been offered trades for entire draft position from the 6, 7, 8 but dont know if its worth giving up the ability to get back to back picks at 12 and 13.

My league is a full point PPR with a 2 RB-2 WR- 1 Flex and didnt know what other sharks were doing in similar situations?

How comfortable are sharks with spending a 1st round pick(or 1st pick in 2nd round) on a DeMarco Murray, Matt Forte, Darren McFadden, Trent Richardson type of RB that has so many question marks surrounding them to not warrant a 1st round selection?

_________________
ImageImage
Funniest Post: Hussy(scroll down)http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=589215&highlight=#589215


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 11:31 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14481
Sand$: 37330
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Forte at the corner is a steal in ppr.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 11:34 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Mon 09.27.2010, 23:48
Posts: 5428
Sand$: 10705
Donate
gb.gif
hard 10 wrote:
Forte at the corner is a steal in ppr.


Other than Michael Bush, TD Vulture.


If you can trade up to 6, I'd do it.

Then you can get Ryan Mathews and not overpay on Demarco Murray. You can pick up Murray or SJAX when it comes back around to you.


Drafting at the tail sucks, let someone else do it. There should be some good potential fallers across the board to that position.
CJ2K/Mathews in the 1st, Darren McFadden / Demarco Murray in the 2nd, Jamaal Charles in the 3rd @ 30, Bradshaw at 42.

Not saying these guys will fall to those positions, but if you're picking up value, with the 6th pick all your picks are 3-4 picks after these guys' ADP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:29 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 6658
Sand$: 13241
Donate
jnadke wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
Forte at the corner is a steal in ppr.


Other than Michael Bush, TD Vulture.


If you can trade up to 6, I'd do it.

Then you can get Ryan Mathews and not overpay on Demarco Murray. You can pick up Murray or SJAX when it comes back around to you.


Drafting at the tail sucks, let someone else do it. There should be some good potential fallers across the board to that position.
CJ2K/Mathews in the 1st, Darren McFadden / Demarco Murray in the 2nd, Jamaal Charles in the 3rd @ 30, Bradshaw at 42.

Not saying these guys will fall to those positions, but if you're picking up value, with the 6th pick all your picks are 3-4 picks after these guys' ADP.


I've made the playoffs the last two years from the 12-hole. No matter what your draft position, you can make it work if you're well-prepared.

_________________
12-tm PPR-QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK FAAB

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:36 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 6658
Sand$: 13241
Donate
Plus, Forte's value in PPR is not dependent on his scoring a lot of TDs. That's the beauty of PPR.

_________________
12-tm PPR-QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK FAAB

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 18:19 
Offline
Chum

Joined: Mon 08.03.2009, 09:32
Posts: 29
Sand$: 98
Donate
I pick 6th out of 12 teams. .5 PPR

Would you guys consider trading pick 2nd and 3rd rd picks of 19 and 30 for the 8th pick. I would then have 6th and 8th but wouldn't get to pick until rd 4.

Or vice versa would you trade the 6th pick to pick up a 2nd and 3rd rd pick.

Any benefit of either?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 18:26 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Mon 09.27.2010, 23:48
Posts: 5428
Sand$: 10705
Donate
gb.gif
wesg49 wrote:
Or vice versa would you trade the 6th pick to pick up a 2nd and 3rd rd pick.

Any benefit of either?


The above if you can do it. And as long as you're trading with someone on the tail end.

Having 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds? Advantage, you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 18:32 
Offline
Blue Shark

Joined: Tue 08.09.2011, 10:16
Posts: 311
Sand$: 782
Donate
I'd take Forte and Richardson at the turn. Both are the workhorses on their teams, one safe pick and one high upside risk pick.
WR's are so deep and RB's are so thin I feel this is the best strategy. Then in the 3rd and 4th you can pick a combo of Julio/Cruz/Harvin/Austin/Wallace/etc.

_________________
12 team ppr league, 20 rounds
QB: Stafford (Freeman)
RB: Bradshaw, Ingram (Tate, Carter, A. Smith, R. Bush)
WR: V. Jackson, M. Austin, A. Johnson (D. Williams, D. Nelson, Bess, D. Thomas)
Flex: Gresham
TE: Graham (Dickson)
D/ST: Redskins
K: Gano


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 18:37 
Offline
Chum

Joined: Mon 08.03.2009, 09:32
Posts: 29
Sand$: 98
Donate
well the guy who has the 8th pick wants to trade me his 2nd and 3rd rd picks for my 6th pick

i would then have picks

17
19
30
32

Any benefit of that to just keeping my 6th pick?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 19:04 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 6658
Sand$: 13241
Donate
delfam wrote:
I'd take Forte and Richardson at the turn. Both are the workhorses on their teams, one safe pick and one high upside risk pick.
WR's are so deep and RB's are so thin I feel this is the best strategy. Then in the 3rd and 4th you can pick a combo of Julio/Cruz/Harvin/Austin/Wallace/etc.


That's an intriguing idea.

Considering I have DeMarco as a keeper:

I would definitely take Forte at 11 if he's there. That would give me two RB 1s to build my team around. Then I could take a QB or WR at 14.

Or . . . since I can start 3RB (must start 3 WRs), would it be nuts to still pick Forte AND Trent? Do you feel I'd still be able to get two starting WRs at 35 and 38? Then I could go QB at 59 or 62.

_________________
12-tm PPR-QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK FAAB

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 20:56 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14481
Sand$: 37330
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
wesg49 wrote:
well the guy who has the 8th pick wants to trade me his 2nd and 3rd rd picks for my 6th pick

i would then have picks

17
19
30
32

Any benefit of that to just keeping my 6th pick?


You're completely missing out on the chance to pick up one of the truly elite guys at any spot other than TE. I wouldn't do it.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 21:10 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Mon 09.27.2010, 23:48
Posts: 5428
Sand$: 10705
Donate
gb.gif
hard 10 wrote:
wesg49 wrote:
well the guy who has the 8th pick wants to trade me his 2nd and 3rd rd picks for my 6th pick

i would then have picks

17
19
30
32

Any benefit of that to just keeping my 6th pick?


You're completely missing out on the chance to pick up one of the truly elite guys at any spot other than TE. I wouldn't do it.


Really? At 6 he could only get:
-Mathews (injury risk)
-MJD (no show risk, worn)
-CJ2K (check-out risk)
-McFadden (injury risk)

At 17 he at least has a chance of getting:
-Forte (td vulture risk)
-AP (injury risk)
-Richardson (failure risk)

He can't get a blue chip guy (Foster, Rice, McCoy). It's just like the real NFL. If you can't get a blue chip guy, and the draft is deep, trade down.

Is that so much worse?


His draft could easily look like (MFL ADP):
17 - Forte / Murray
19 - Stafford
30 - Marshall / Nicks / Jennings
32 - Sproles / Bradshaw
42 - Colston / Steve Smith
54 - Finley / Vernon Davis
66 - Eric Decker


Last edited by jnadke on Mon 07.23.2012, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 21:16 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14481
Sand$: 37330
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
jnadke wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
wesg49 wrote:
well the guy who has the 8th pick wants to trade me his 2nd and 3rd rd picks for my 6th pick

i would then have picks

17
19
30
32

Any benefit of that to just keeping my 6th pick?


You're completely missing out on the chance to pick up one of the truly elite guys at any spot other than TE. I wouldn't do it.


Really? At 6 he could only get:
-Mathews (injury risk)
-MJD (no show risk, worn)
-CJ2K (check-out risk)
-McFadden (injury risk)

At 17 he at least has a chance of getting:
-Forte (td vulture risk)
-AP (injury risk)
-Richardson (failure risk)

He can't get a blue chip guy (Foster, Rice, McCoy). It's just like the real NFL. If you can't get a blue chip guy, and the draft is deep, trade down.

Is that so much worse?


He's missing the chance to draft one of the top 3 QBs or one of the elite WRs. Forte belongs in the top group of backs and isn't likely to be available at 17. And, yes, those guys are that much better than betting on AP's ACL or Richardson being immediately great.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.25.2012, 08:03 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08.20.2008, 12:29
Posts: 1436
Sand$: 3233
Donate
dal.gif
I have a tough time believing in Forte this season as a 1st round pick. If Earl Bennett is healthy and with the addition of Marshall, I think they will cut into a lot of his receptions big time. Forte started off the year on fire but really cooled off and now has a very talented back alongside of him in the backfield. Also, if you believe Mike Tice will utilize tight end Kellen Davis, I am just not sure 50 catches is the guarantee we are all assuming.

If I was at 12 I would take Graham or Gronk in ppr.

_________________
16 team ppr league/Return Yards

QB- P. Rivers, Russell Wilson
WR- Reggie Wanye, E. Sanders
WR- Randall Cobb, Brandon Tate
RB- Foster, Donald Brown, Iasaac Redman, John Dwyer
RB- Sproles, Peyton Hillis, Jaquizz
TE- Gates
DEF- Buffalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed 07.25.2012, 11:27 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.21.2004, 15:53
Posts: 3760
Sand$: 1141
Donate
Location: THE ILLADELPH
phi.gif
simayonaise wrote:
I have a tough time believing in Forte this season as a 1st round pick. If Earl Bennett is healthy and with the addition of Marshall, I think they will cut into a lot of his receptions big time. Forte started off the year on fire but really cooled off and now has a very talented back alongside of him in the backfield. Also, if you believe Mike Tice will utilize tight end Kellen Davis, I am just not sure 50 catches is the guarantee we are all assuming.

If I was at 12 I would take Graham or Gronk in ppr.


Agree...plus with Martz out, the entire scheme will be different

I think an even split between Bush and Forte will mean lackluster fantasy seasons for both.

_________________
ImageImage
Funniest Post: Hussy(scroll down)http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=589215&highlight=#589215


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Apes, Bing [Bot], lrgates20, votingmachine and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group