FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.24.2014, 11:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 10:53 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3447
Donate
Come back player of the year?

What he has going for him....

Peyton Hillis has been taking the first-team running back reps during OTAs.
Last years stat line. 161 587 1 22 130
Now on a team that will run the ball heavily. (expecting top 5 in attempts)
Coaching staff that wants the run and good defense.
Offensive cordinator that used him in 2010.
Improved offensive line in Kansas City.
JC is coming of an injury.
Should be projected as a goal line back in an up and coming offense.

ADP of bottom 7th early 8th.

Roto - "He's shown he can do everything. He can catch. He can run. He can block," said Crennel. "

Last edited by tnuts13 on Mon 07.23.2012, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 10:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8077
Donate
jax.gif
I think 8 TDs is reasonable and 800-1000 total yards.

Solid rb3 and a rb2 in a pinch.

Good value for the moment.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 11:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15256
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
I see Hillis as a double digit TD guy with 6-800 yards. Same breath I question if he is nuts no pun intended. Well pun intended. He imploded with the browns mentally. You can't ignore that. Romeo ussually rides his horse. I see charles having a boom year. Even slowed by an injury there still is to much speed there.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4549
Donate
chi.gif
has anyone heard how Charles has been in practices lately? I havent heard squat other than they have held him out of early season activities.

TE: V. Davis, Josh Cameron ( 2 TE league )
PK: Prater
D: Carolina

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:11 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15256
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
moe D wrote:
has anyone heard how Charles has been in practices lately? I havent heard squat other than they have held him out of early season activities.

last info on charles

Quote:
Jamaal Charles (ACL surgery) guaranteed Wednesday that he will be medically cleared for the start of training camp."When they let that cape off me, I’m ready to go," he said. "I’m ready to put my cleats back on and punish everybody in my way." Charles says he feels so good about his recovery that he could "play in a game today." Charles will head for a medical checkup on June 18, at which point he anticipates receiving clearance. He sounds likely to be a full-go on day one of training camp.

I would say there is nothing that says he is healthy.. But in the same breath we have heard nothing that he is having troubles.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 12:37 

Sand$: 40258
Donate
nyj.gif
Probably should put Charles in the subject line as you can't discuss one without the other.

I see a 2010 type split, with Hillis in the Thomas Jones role

Charles: 230 carries, 45 receptions
Thomas Jones 2010/Peyton Hillis 2012: 245 carries, 14 receptions.

Now obviously Hillis is a better receiver than Jones so I'd double those receptions. With Cassell at QB in this conservative offense, I think we can easily envision 75 receptions to running backs.

Another thing to remember is the Chiefs offensive coordinator is Brian Daboll - the former Browns O-coordinator that oversaw Hillis 2010 explosion.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39652
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Probably should put Charles in the subject line as you can't discuss one without the other.

Now obviously Hillis is a better receiver than Jones so I'd double those receptions. With Cassell at QB in this conservative offense, I think we can easily envision 75 receptions to running backs.

Another thing to remember is the Chiefs offensive coordinator is Brian Daboll - the former Browns O-coordinator that oversaw Hillis 2010 explosion.

Yeah, I was going to make that comparison.. But like you said, a more of an impact in the passing game is probable.

2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:10 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3447
Donate
Someone is watching...

According to the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs ideally want Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis to touch the ball 500 times this season.
It confirms that the Chiefs plan on rolling with a run-heavy attack under defensive-minded head coach Romeo Crennel and new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. As long as Charles bounces back well from his ACL tear, 240 carries and 30 catches is the floor. There's still room for Hillis to chip in with another 9-11 touches per game. The health of Charles' knee will be one of training camp's major storylines.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:16 

Donate
nyj.gif
tnuts13 wrote:
Someone is watching...

According to the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs ideally want Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis to touch the ball 500 times this season.
It confirms that the Chiefs plan on rolling with a run-heavy attack under defensive-minded head coach Romeo Crennel and new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. As long as Charles bounces back well from his ACL tear, 240 carries and 30 catches is the floor. There's still room for Hillis to chip in with another 9-11 touches per game. The health of Charles' knee will be one of training camp's major storylines.

I think Roto's blurb is underestimating Hillis with only 9-11 touches per game. I think he's more in the 12-15 range. The split probably leans more to Hillis early in the season then swings back to Charles if he looks good and isn't having any setbacks in the 2nd half of the year.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4549
Donate
chi.gif
as much as i'd love to put Charles above Hillis in draft priority, anyone think that kind of workload is going to screw with his knee during the season? Hearing many reports about swelling, held out of practice due to fluid around the knee, and all that jazz we all have come to know and love? has any player ever been able to come back to that kind of workload 1 year after ACL tear?

TE: V. Davis, Josh Cameron ( 2 TE league )
PK: Prater
D: Carolina

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2111
Donate
cin.gif
While Charles is the RB with a busted knee that I may be most likely to draft depending on where he falls (only because his injury was the earliest), still, history does not favor those returning from an ACL. Alot of these guys never return to complete pre-injury form. About the only ones in recent memory who bounced back to pre-injury form are Deuce McAllister (the first time he tore it), Jamal Lewis, and Ronnie Brown came close. And all those guys took 2 years to come back.

I think there's alot of rose-colored glasses around thinking ADP and Charles are going to come back so soon in any meaningful way. Sure, their upside alone warrants draft consideration at some point, but for me, it's way lower than their current ADPs.

So, sure, I have some hopes for Hillis. I am a little worried about the meltdown last year, but then again, there was that whole curse thing he was dealing with. :P

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:26 

Donate
nyj.gif
moe D wrote:
as much as i'd love to put Charles above Hillis in draft priority, anyone think that kind of workload is going to screw with his knee during the season? Hearing many reports about swelling, held out of practice due to fluid around the knee, and all that jazz we all have come to know and love? has any player ever been able to come back to that kind of workload 1 year after ACL tear?

of course

directly above your post

endzoneview wrote:
The split probably leans more to Hillis early in the season then swings back to Charles if he looks good and isn't having any setbacks in the 2nd half of the year.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 13:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8077
Donate
jax.gif
bunnywafer wrote:

I think there's alot of rose-colored glasses around thinking ADP and Charles are going to come back so soon in any meaningful way. Sure, their upside alone warrants draft consideration at some point, but for me, it's way lower than their current ADPs.

I don't see AP and Charles in same way at all in 2012

J.Charles has a 3 month head start on his healing and has 1000 less touches in the NFL.

I am bullish at this point on Charles and probably won't have AP high enough on my board where I will ever have opp to draft him..and that is ok.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 16:09 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33467
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:

Great. Now I'll hear douchebag Couch Coaches in here complaining about how Hillis got carries that Charles should have gotten.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Mon 07.23.2012, 17:43 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13019
Donate
Remember that it usually takes a guy two years to fully recover from an ACL injury and return to 100% (assuming returning to 100% is even possible).

I agree that it's going to be more of a time-share. They will be careful with Charles. Hillis is no scrub. He doesn't have Charles' natural athletic ability, obviously, but he is a good all-around back who can play 3 downs. He will get plenty of complete series. Twelve to fifteen touches sounds about right to me.

And you can bet Hillis will be motivated by his change of scenery and a desire to erase last year from everyone's memory.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,