User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
Tannehill will receive a four-year contract that's worth $12.688 million, and features a fifth-year option that is held by the team.

The majority of Tannehill's money will be guaranteed, which is standard for first-round deals under the new CBA. However, the holdup for Tannehill, who was selected eighth overall after starting 19 games at quarterback for Texas A&M, was "offset language," which involves how much of his salary Tannehill would receive from the Dolphins if Miami released him before the deal expires.

According to ProFootballtalk.com, Tannehill and his agent, Pat Dye, agreed to a contract that included "offset language." That report couldn't be immediately verified by the Sun-Sentinel.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-get-deal-done-with-ryan-tannehill-20120728,0,3329768.story
Last edited by Elmagister on Mon 10.01.2012, 08:12, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
That leaves only Justin Blackmon and Kendall Wright as unsigned 1st round picks.
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012
Sand$: 1,671.42
Wish they would start Tannehill
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
Fantasy 247 wrote:Wish they would start Tannehill


I get the feeling they might...round about week 8.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
Elmagister wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:Wish they would start Tannehill


I get the feeling they might...round about week 8.

Week 1, as it turns out.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 11,880.24
great story for Tannehill, sad one for Moore. Still think it would have been fun to let Moore loose for a season but I think they have as much chance winning with Tanny as Moore so I guess you go with your franchise guy.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
Omar Kelly wrote:Despite the loss Ryan Tannehill is in pretty good rookie company when it comes to passers.

Tannehill’s 431 passing yards at Arizona were the second most in NFL history behind Carolina QB Cam Newton who had 432 passing yards on September 18, 2011 vs. the Green Bay Packers. This was the highest performance by a rookie quarterback on the road. Tannehill’s 431 passing yards were tied for the sixth most in team history.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14865
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,119.36
Elmagister wrote:
Omar Kelly wrote:Despite the loss Ryan Tannehill is in pretty good rookie company when it comes to passers.

Tannehill’s 431 passing yards at Arizona were the second most in NFL history behind Carolina QB Cam Newton who had 432 passing yards on September 18, 2011 vs. the Green Bay Packers. This was the highest performance by a rookie quarterback on the road. Tannehill’s 431 passing yards were tied for the sixth most in team history.

That must have been painful for him to type.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
SonOfDad wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Omar Kelly wrote:Despite the loss Ryan Tannehill is in pretty good rookie company when it comes to passers.

Tannehill’s 431 passing yards at Arizona were the second most in NFL history behind Carolina QB Cam Newton who had 432 passing yards on September 18, 2011 vs. the Green Bay Packers. This was the highest performance by a rookie quarterback on the road. Tannehill’s 431 passing yards were tied for the sixth most in team history.

That must have been painful for him to type.

:lol: He's pretty tough on him.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44738
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,748.56
Liked what I saw of Tanneyhill.

That's a cannon of an arm. Watching people slurp Ryan's "new and improved arm strength" makes me laugh a lot when compared.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 49956
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 103,656.98
Definitely making time for Arizona/Miami on rewind this week
_______________________________________

Follow me @mchamberlin32
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14865
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,119.36
Elmagister wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
Omar Kelly wrote:Despite the loss Ryan Tannehill is in pretty good rookie company when it comes to passers.

Tannehill’s 431 passing yards at Arizona were the second most in NFL history behind Carolina QB Cam Newton who had 432 passing yards on September 18, 2011 vs. the Green Bay Packers. This was the highest performance by a rookie quarterback on the road. Tannehill’s 431 passing yards were tied for the sixth most in team history.

That must have been painful for him to type.

:lol: He's pretty tough on him.


He downright hates him. Omar's the guy that kept telling everyone that Garrard was head and shoulders above the competition during camp. He was claiming that the moment they signed him. It stung him something bad whenever Tannehill was given the starting gig and Garrard was hurt then released.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43850
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,767.50
I don't think he hates him. He just doesn't believe in making excuses for a rookie. He points to Henne as an example of how a franchise can lose years to a bad QB by playing that game.
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012
Sand$: 132.00
I didn't like the Tannehill selection in the draft at all but it's tough to knock the kid's play. I don't think Garrard would have been better.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17923
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 74,632.12
came into a great situation as far as his OC.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests