FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.02.2014, 18:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 10:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 4606
Donate
atl.gif
I found this and thought I would share...good read IMHO

http://www.falconsgab.com/2012/07/29/mi ... -the-best/

a few things that caught my eye and I saw play out at camp yesterday.

"Before former Falcons defensive coordinator Brian Van Gorder left to take the same job at Auburn after last season, Atlanta fans frequently lit up sports talk radio switchboards to complain that the team too often played it simple on that side of the ball.
Nolan, in fact, has seen remnants of that through the first third days of training camp. That’s why he and his staff are asking defensive backs to get up in the faces of receivers, so the coaches can see who can and cannot play aggressively.

Once they get a feel for that, some DBs — newcomer Asante Samuel, for example — are likely to be given the option of picking their own method of defense. The more they show in practice, the more often they will be allowed to choose, like a speedy baserunner who gets the green light to steal on his own."

"Nolan’s defense in Miami was No. 7 on third downs (33.8 percent allowed), arguably with weaker personnel than the Falcons have. Atlanta also was No. 30 in the NFL in third-down sack rate (6.02 percent, with 10 third-down sacks) while Miami was No. 2 (12.2 percent, with 21)"

Last edited by bohern on Sun 07.29.2012, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 11:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13800
Donate
atl.gif
Link doesn't work but if Falcons can get off field on 3rd down defensively and improve there HUGE

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 11:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Link doesn't work but if Falcons can get off field on 3rd down defensively and improve there HUGE

fixed, try this http://www.falconsgab.com/2012/07/29/mi ... -the-best/

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 12:44 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34188
Donate
car.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

That's kinda the case everywhere I do believe but that 44% conversion rate on 3rd was one of the worst in 2011.

I just don't see a ton of talent on that D outside of Lofton and some DBs. I'll be really curious if Atlanta can stop the run as well as they did last year when they were 6th.

Any Falcons fans disagree that the D-line is one of the worst in the league?

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 13:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
pwbowen wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

That's kinda the case everywhere I do believe but that 44% conversion rate on 3rd was one of the worst in 2011.

I just don't see a ton of talent on that D outside of Lofton and some DBs. I'll be really curious if Atlanta can stop the run as well as they did last year when they were 6th.

Well Lofton is now in New Orleans as a FA and Akeem Dent will be our new mike LB.

I for one can tell you what I saw at camp just yesterday that this defense is going to be better. No more soft zone BS and DE's dropping into pass coverage like last yr. Sean Weatherspoon will be an IDP stud and in the run for the pro bowl.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 13:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32910
Donate
mia.gif
bohern wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

Well Lofton is now in New Orleans as a FA and Akeem Dent will be our new mike LB.

I for one can tell you what I saw at camp just yesterday that this defense is going to be better. No more soft zone BS and DE's dropping into pass coverage like last yr. Sean Weatherspoon will be an IDP stud and in the run for the pro bowl.

That based on one day of T-shirts and shorts?

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 13:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
Elmagister wrote:
bohern wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

That based on one day of T-shirts and shorts?

YES, if one is smart enough to read scheme and what they are trying to do. I can tell you by being there that this defense will be different from last year.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 13:45 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
bohern wrote:
YES, if one is smart enough to read scheme and what they are trying to do. I can tell you by being there that this defense will be different from last year.

Trying to do. I'm guessing it will get tougher, is what I'm saying.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 14:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20962
Donate
sf.gif
Im a niners fan and i know how much nolan sucks as a coach. I wouldnt believe a word he says...not saying they cant have a good defense but dont think its because nolan is the savior

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 14:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
mia.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Im a niners fan and i know how much nolan sucks as a coach. I wouldnt believe a word he says...not saying they cant have a good defense but dont think its because nolan is the savior

He's a good D coordinator.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 14:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20962
Donate
sf.gif
Maybe...but as a niners fan i could never trust this guy.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 20:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40180
Donate
pit.gif
Couple questions , whats the name of the news site? How far are we into the season?

http://thepenaltyflagblog.com/todd-hale ... rs-offense

Here a great article on our new O.C. and the steelers, they seem pretty optimistic about it being one of the best years for the steelers.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 20:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Maybe...but as a niners fan i could never trust this guy.

Well, he's not affiliated with the Niners or a HC, sooooooo thoughts on actual topic? :wink:

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sun 07.29.2012, 20:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
bohern wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

Sorry, meant Weatherspoon.

Not asking scheme-wise, asking actual personnel wise. With an AARP member as your best D-lineman I would have concerns. The rest of the D-line's been underwhelming with a few busts along the way so far.

PostPosted: Mon 07.30.2012, 07:38 

Sand$: 96203
Donate
I think Nolan was a step in the right direction, but the line is still mediocre. I really like the makeup of the back 7 though, especially Weatherspoon.