FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 08.28.2014, 10:06

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 06:58 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1330
Donate
nyj.gif
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... tator-cuff

Now, I don't know the extent of this injury or have seen the MRI, but clearly this has got to limit his accuracy and his deep ball.

For those holding off on qb, maybe this is not a guy you want to rely on and if Wallace returns, how does this affect him.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 07:02 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33348
Donate
mia.gif
It must be bad. He's usually pretty secretive and conservative about his injuries. :^o

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 07:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18287
Donate
sd.gif
Ouch, on his throwing arm... I was already avoiding him with the Mike Wallace drama and news of the new quick drop plan, this is pretty much the dagger.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 08:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33680
Donate
nyj.gif
there is no such thing as a "little" tear in a rotator cuff, speaking from experience and to quote my surgeon when he did my surgery "a tear is a tear , no matter how little it seems the longer left un-repaired the more damage will be done"

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 08:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 64
Donate
dal.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
there is no such thing as a "little" tear in a rotator cuff, speaking from experience and to quote my surgeon when he did my surgery "a tear is a tear , no matter how little it seems the longer left un-repaired the more damage will be done"

not always true, we perform ( Dr and I as an assist) about 4-5 a week and depending where it is and how thick the tear is, we do surgery as last resort, oft times PT and injections work well enough to get people back to life, but this is a NFL Qb that we are talking about so the chance for tearing it further as Jets says is higher than the normal working stiff

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 08:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
Third and Long wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

not always true, we perform ( Dr and I as an assist) about 4-5 a week and depending where it is and how thick the tear is, we do surgery as last resort, oft times PT and injections work well enough to get people back to life, but this is a NFL Qb that we are talking about so the chance for tearing it further as Jets says is higher than the normal working stiff

yea mine was rather bad which was why i had to do surgery (tore 3 cuffs & labrum) , but to me this is a very big red flag for big ben

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 08:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20724
Donate
sf.gif
I dont think its that serious. Hes just gonna take it easy during training camp and preseason so he doesnt aggravate it more.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 08:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
Third and Long wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

Exactly, he's gonna be using that rotator at full velocity, repeatedly. It's a long season to endure.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 08:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
I dont think its that serious. Hes just gonna take it easy during training camp and preseason so he doesnt aggravate it more.

sounds like you never had a shoulder issue.

Q.how do you take it easy if you have a tear ?
A. your arm is supposed to be immobilized for a period of time. if he is doing daily activities with the said arm that isnt taking it easy.

look at the facts , its said that the injury occurred in Early November and he played trough it , it hampered his throwing velocity and caused pain. he played through 3 months of the year with the injury making it worse gradually through the wear and tear.

Quote:
After revealing that he has "a little torn rotator cuff" in his right arm, Ben Roethlisberger insisted Tuesday evening that his shoulder is "fine."
This is simply the next chapter in the ongoing dichotomy of the league's toughest quarterback playing the role of a drama queen on the injury front. Big Ben suffered the injury early last November and said it never really hindered his ability to throw the ball. After Roethlisberger held court with beat writers Tuesday, the Beaver County Times came away convinced the injury is a "non-issue."
Source: Mike Bires on Twitter
Aug 1 - 7:40 PM

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 09:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
sounds like you never had a shoulder issue.

Q.how do you take it easy if you have a tear ?
A. your arm is supposed to be immobilized for a period of time. if he is doing daily activities with the said arm that isnt taking it easy.

look at the facts , its said that the injury occurred in Early November and he played trough it , it hampered his throwing velocity and caused pain. he played through 3 months of the year with the injury making it worse gradually through the wear and tear.

Well, pro athletes abuse cortisone shots like no other, so pain/inflammation can be controlled pretty well

The big issue is if the repeated, aggressive use causes that partial tear to become a complete tear. Then we're talking about getting shut down, no gray area.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 09:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20724
Donate
sf.gif
Im going by what the team doctors said they'd monitor the situation and hes gonna take it easy during training camp and preseason.
How does he take it easy? By not doing the things he normally would and by monitoring the situation. The good thing is they discovered it.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 09:11 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 115098
Donate
min.gif
Not good at all. Especially with Haley installing a heavy dose of spread. Things change. Time to adapt.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 09:48 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 3935
Donate
dal.gif
I sense a lot of people playing this one up. I bet alot of you have him targeted on draft day. He is a runnningback hoarders dream. He is still available after you have picked your 7th back and I see that this thread is going to be used to make damn sure that ADP doesn’t elevate too much so he is still there when you need him. This threads a scam.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 10:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2997
Donate
nyg.gif
Was that his hitting women arm too?

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 10:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 34004
Donate
car.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
Third and Long wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

yea mine was rather bad which was why i had to do surgery (tore 3 cuffs & labrum) , but to me this is a very big red flag for big ben

You tore your labia, wut? LOL

**had to be done**

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.