FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.01.2014, 20:50

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Jacquizz Rodgers
PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 11:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40164
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
Coach Mike Smith said he believes Jacquizz Rodgers "has the skill set to play on all three downs."
ESPN's Pat Yaskinsas is almost certain the Falcons have big plans for Rodgers. "Jacquizz is not little," Smith said. "He's short, but he's thick." The coach went on to rave about Rodgers' pass-protection abilities. With Michael Turner's workload set to be scaled back, there's plenty of PPR flier appeal here. Yaskinsas says the Falcons want Rodgers to be "more like what Warrick Dunn once was."

Got him in the 3rd round of every dyno Im in last year, very happy about it. He is still a decent late pick/sleeper in PPR redrafts. Seems the coaching staff add something new every time they talk about him.

Post subject: Re: Jacquizz Rodgers
PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 11:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20924
Donate
sf.gif
Yep i have him in all 3 of my leagues too hoping for a sleeper year. I followed him and his brother at oregon st. Im loving the reports so far...hope it follows into the season. Id love to see some sproles stats...he has that ability

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 11:58 

Sand$: 47319
Donate
nyj.gif
Quizz has been a darling of the Tank ever since before last year's drafts, but I have just never been sold on him.

I think we're still a year away from any real value if at all.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 12:02 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1904
Donate
atl.gif
I wouldn't draft him banking on regular production. But if I draft Michael Turner, I'll be looking for Quiz with a late round pick as a handcuff.

TE - Vernon Davis, Levine Toilolo
D - Seattle
K - Nick Novak

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 12:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sf.gif
Why would anyone target him last year knowing Turner would be the main part of the offense. He could easily breakout this year(PPR) and the OC has been saying they will use a ton of rodgers especially on screen plays where he excels

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 12:05 

Sand$: 96183
Donate
rugger48 wrote:
Quote:
Coach Mike Smith said he believes Jacquizz Rodgers "has the skill set to play on all three downs."
ESPN's Pat Yaskinsas is almost certain the Falcons have big plans for Rodgers. "Jacquizz is not little," Smith said. "He's short, but he's thick." The coach went on to rave about Rodgers' pass-protection abilities. With Michael Turner's workload set to be scaled back, there's plenty of PPR flier appeal here. Yaskinsas says the Falcons want Rodgers to be "more like what Warrick Dunn once was."

Got him in the 3rd round of every dyno Im in last year, very happy about it. He is still a decent late pick/sleeper in PPR redrafts. Seems the coaching staff add something new every time they talk about him.

Wish I were in that league, traded to 2.4 thinking that would be plenty early and got sniped by Jam by one pick. Never had a shot at him in the other as swarm took him with the #2 pick in 2010 and I was picking 5...neither of those two will let go.

He's the next MJD, it's just a matter of when. Fwiw, I think that's either late this season or 2013 so I'm not targeting him in drafts unless I happen to end up with Burner...but I'll look him up on waivers after he's dropped in October.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 12:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17085
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
What they know is with Roddy , Julio, Gonzo and Douglas the last concern a defense will have is Quizz. But with that Quizz has yet to prove he can produce. Looking at sprole and Best Quizz could take a 3 yard screen for 40 to the house. Now he just has to do it.

I am torn I have him in my taxi and need a RB 4. Want to pull him out but think I will read another year before doing so.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 13:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sf.gif
I know Turner has had some very good years in his past but right now i think Rodgers is the better back. I hope the coaches realize this early

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 13:11 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1722
Donate
Sounds too much to me like the annual 'Falcons are changing their offensive identity' bit for me too buy too hard. It starts to seem like deja vu at some point.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 13:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7693
Donate
jax.gif
jcalebmoore wrote:
Sounds too much to me like the annual 'Falcons are changing their offensive identity' bit for me too buy too hard. It starts to seem like deja vu at some point.

Have they annualy changed OC's?

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 13:33 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1722
Donate
hankrip wrote:
jcalebmoore wrote:

Have they annualy changed OC's?

No, and that's a valid point. Maybe this will be the year things really do change. I'm just incredibly skeptical at this point.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 13:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sf.gif
Thats why we callem potential sleepers. Usually we are skeptical about sleeper picks. Im skeptical of him to but i know how talented he his both running and catching. And he has the potential to put up nice numbers if given the opportunity. But it still remains to be seen

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 14:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37472
Donate
chi.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
I know Turner has had some very good years in his past but right now i think Rodgers is the better back. I hope the coaches realize this early

He's the faster back, not the better back.

Mike Turner is still a very good, very big, back who can still pick up tough yards. Atlanta will get every last drop of production out of him.
Rodgers is a decent gamble as a late round sleeper, but it's a mistake to think he's just going to take over Turner's role (without an injury).

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 14:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18327
Donate
sd.gif
hard 10 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

He's the faster back, not the better back.

Mike Turner is still a very good, very big, back who can still pick up tough yards. Atlanta will get every last drop of production out of him.
Rodgers is a decent gamble as a late round sleeper, but it's a mistake to think he's just going to take over Turner's role (without an injury).

Faster, and far better pass catcher; but yeah, he's not about to surpass Turner until the wheels finally fall off.

PostPosted: Thu 08.02.2012, 14:32 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3239
Donate
dal.gif
The thing is that wheels fall off very fast. Who knows when that may be, but could be sooner rather then later (ex Brian Westbrook, Shaun Alexander, LJ, etc)

QB- P. Rivers, Russell Wilson
WR- Reggie Wanye, E. Sanders
WR- Randall Cobb, Brandon Tate
RB- Foster, Donald Brown, Iasaac Redman, John Dwyer
RB- Sproles, Peyton Hillis, Jaquizz
TE- Gates
DEF- Buffalo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 562 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next