FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.02.2014, 05:28

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 00:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 117003
Donate
min.gif
Was just catching up on the night scrimmage they had tonight and was reading some of live updates that were given - then got this nugget afterward. They mentioned he went down hard stretched out for a long ball, hit both knees hard on the ground and lay there screaming. I wanted to wait for a clear word but this nugget seems legit:

Quote:
@ 12am - ESPN1500's Tom Pelissero: Greg Childs' MRI is not complete but two sources say it's a significant injury to both knees and he's almost surely done for the season.

Makes my gut sink with him coming on. Hope for the best but if you took a shot on him in a dyno you should start doing your homework on a possible IR replacement asap.

Last edited by birddog on Wed 05.01.2013, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 07:10 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15922
Donate
no.gif
Quote:
Two sources tell ESPN 1500 Twin Cities that Vikings rookie WR Greg Childs is "almost surely" done for the year after suffering a "significant" injury to both knees during Saturday's camp practice.
The Vikings fear Childs tore both patellar tendons. It's a devastating, career-threatening blow for a player who labored through a patellar tendon tear as a senior in college and fell at least two rounds in the draft because of it. The Vikings were hoping Childs would secure the first-team split end job in suspended starter Jerome Simpson's three-game absence, but they'll have to turn elsewhere now. They may explore the free agent or trade market at receiver. The organization has soured on Michael Jenkins, and remains desperate for a wideout capable of stretching the field.

Wow that is unreal!

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 07:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10602
Donate
That is terrible for Child's. He had finally recovered from his knee injury in college and then this happens.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 09:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22940
Donate
det.gif
birddog wrote:
Makes my gut sink with him coming on. Hope for the best but if you took a shot on him in a dyno you should start doing your homework on a possible IR replacement asap.

we did in the HoP and he was looking legit, too. he may never play again. that sucks.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 09:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33282
Donate
mia.gif
I questioned in the draft thread whether he'd be a quality NFL player, but it sucks that he may not get a chance to try.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 09:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9750
Donate
kc.gif
Horrible injury for him

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 11:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 126
Donate
dal.gif
* sumbeotch * says a Childs dyno owner

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 13:25 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2084
Donate
dal.gif
I feel so bad for him. Big fan of his. Met him during his Junior year in Fayetteville. Had a good attitude toward rehab at that point, although might be different this time around.

Both patellar tendons?!? Boy oh boy Greg... #-o

Harvin just keeps looking better and better as a WR 1

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 13:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:
birddog wrote:

we did in the HoP and he was looking legit, too. he may never play again. that sucks.

Yeah he was. I took him at 2:12. double whammy hit as a fantasy owner/fan.. I had high hopes for him. Both patellar tendons got injured/torn and he's going under the knife w/in the next day or 2 I've heard.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 13:43 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
Third and Long wrote:
* sumbeotch * says a Childs dyno owner
X2

Whats really special is the moronic Viking fans across the web blaming Spielman for picking him in the 4th rnd... :F

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 16:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22940
Donate
det.gif
add mario fannin to the list for dynasty owners. achilles. we had him in HoP too. his injury also sounds career threatening.

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2012, 16:49 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 6127
Donate
det.gif
... and the Vikings waived him. Feel horrible for the kid.

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2012, 17:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
beatneck wrote:
... and the Vikings waived him. Feel horrible for the kid.
They have to process him "Waived Injured" in order to place him on IR. All non-vested Vets and Rookies go through the same process per new CBA. RE: NYG TE Ballard fiasco w/NE. Very little doubt Childs gets through the waiver period unclaimed to get to the Vike's IR status.

but yeah, feel horrible for him too.

PostPosted: Mon 08.06.2012, 18:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
8 minutes ago.

Quote:
@TheGregChilds85 - Headed to surgery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres a Frazier blurb from an 1500ESPN.com article:

MANKATO, Minn. -- Greg Childs was "distraught" after tearing both of his patellar tendons, Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said on Monday. But the rookie receiver didn't waste any time vowing to get back on the field.

"It's hard," said Frazier, who spoke with Childs shortly after the injuries occurred as he dived for a deep ball in Saturday's night practice in Blakeslee Stadium.

"But he really had a frame of mind where -- because he's experienced adversity before -- where he really feels as though he's going to be able to bounce back from this. He's going to work extremely hard and get back to play again.

"That was his attitude and those are the words he shared with me: 'Coach, I'll be back. I'm going to do just like I did before. I'm going to work as I can. I'll be back out here to help the Vikings.' I said, 'Wow.' That's a great attitude under the circumstances."

PostPosted: Wed 05.01.2013, 21:14 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
min.gif
*--- update---*

Link to interview: "I'm Feeling Pretty Good" --> http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... ca76f0413f

Reporter: What all are you able to do?

Greg Childs: Ah! Just like what you seen, running sprints, running routes, cone drills, feet work you know I'm doing all the things I was doing before. I'm pretty much able to do all my drills. All the wide receiver drills as of now.

Reporter: Are you able to cut?

Greg Childs: Yea of course. like 4 corner drills. put the cones out go around the cones.. um run routes, slants, post routes, drags. All the routes, really. So, I'm doing a lot of cutting, some jumping, some sprinting.. so all the necessary things I need to be doing I'm doing them now.
Reporter: How long ago did you start running like you have been today? and sprinting?

Greg Childs: Oh man. Uh, been a couple months actually. This isn't my first time, this isn't my first month doing it. I've been doing it for a while now.

Reporter: You stuck around here to rehab then?

Greg Childs: Yeah, of course. I stayed up here the entire time. I might've went home maybe a week and a half since I got hurt. so the rest of the time I've been doing my rehab here with sug (head trainer) and them. I got a great trainer staff. They've got me on schedule. We've got treatments we do. We're taking it slow, but we're also.. we're getting in the most work we can.

OK. I'm tired of typing out blurbs from the presser. Nutshell version: Apparently the surgeons did some different things with the surgery than they did with the previous injury and hes doing more now (earlier) after having had both done than when he had his 1st surgery done while at Arkansas. He mentioned its all good going forward. The repairs are excellent and hes getting stronger. No time table is set, however. He wouldn't go that far (which sounds like media damage control), but from what I've gathered previously things are looking up.

Good news anyway.