Tacks652 wrote:Anyone concerned about his schedule this year?
I don't take SoS into account...certainly not for my top pick. Anyone I'm looking at taking that high should be able to perform regardless.
Agree with this. SoS is hard to predict year to year, and top stud RBs have te ability to overcome even the top D
Been a pretty big advocate of CJ2K this offseason, and interest in him seems to be growing quite a bit as tc reports continue raving. He's the 4th best back for me too, followed by Mathews
Edit: thought I'd rehash some of my rationale
1) chip on his shoulder. CJ2ks a prima donna as big as they come. Chip on the shoulder means everything in terms of regaining the motivation he lacked last year
2) reported to training camp on time. Conditioning was a big issue in 2011
3) even in a down year he showed occassionally he can still do it. He amassed some pretty solid totals despite some real bad games.
4) if locker takes over (I think he does) a mobile qb is great for opening running lanes and setting up dumpoffs and cj can be electric in the open field
5) speaking of running lanes, Steve Hutchinson anyone? Solid addition
6) he's young still, and we all know his ceiling. Last year seems to be his floor. A worthy risk compared to some of the other backs taken in the 2nd half of the 1st round