FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.20.2014, 09:27

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 16:27 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1463
Donate
was.gif
Millions of us with Time Warner Cable still can't view NFL Network and it is starting to look like we never will. I've been told that it is right for Time Warner to shun NFL Network because of their asking price, and vertical monopolies blah blah blah, things I don't understand, etc. But it's difficult for me to reconcile this, as I'm paying an outrageous amount to TWC for internet and cable each month.

Time Warner recently bought Insight Communications and consequently, millions of subscribers in KY, IN and OH who previously had NFL Netowrk, have just in the past week or so had it stripped away.

How will this end up? Will Time Warner and NFL Network ever be on the same page? It looks like we're headed for weekly Thursday night games on NFL Network in the not-too-distant future. You'd think Time Warner could benefit largely by carrying the network.

Lastly, and most importantly, if you have TWC and will be missing tons of football this year from your TV, what are some alternatives that you know of*?

*I'm not an advocate of illegal streams, BUT I wouldn't mind if anyone would PM a link to any reliable sites that will carry such games, especially tonight's game...

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 16:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39048
Donate
pit.gif
paulie86 wrote:
Millions of us with Time Warner Cable still can't view NFL Network and it is starting to look like we never will. I've been told that it is right for Time Warner to shun NFL Network because of their asking price, and vertical monopolies blah blah blah, things I don't understand, etc. But it's difficult for me to reconcile this, as I'm paying an outrageous amount to TWC for internet and cable each month.

Time Warner recently bought Insight Communications and consequently, millions of subscribers in KY, IN and OH who previously had NFL Netowrk, have just in the past week or so had it stripped away.

How will this end up? Will Time Warner and NFL Network ever be on the same page? It looks like we're headed for weekly Thursday night games on NFL Network in the not-too-distant future. You'd think Time Warner could benefit largely by carrying the network.

Lastly, and most importantly, if you have TWC and will be missing tons of football this year from your TV, what are some alternatives that you know of*?

*I'm not an advocate of illegal streams, BUT I wouldn't mind if anyone would PM a link to any reliable sites that will carry such games, especially tonight's game...

this is has pretty much always been the case, I doubt it changes since niether has budged for awhile now and it doesnt look like they will. Try the bar.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 16:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13019
Donate
The solution is simple.

Cancel cable and get DirecTV.

You'll get Sunday Ticket free for a year and you'll have NFL network.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 16:46 
Mako Shark

Donate
was.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
The solution is simple.

I should have mentioned that I live in a Manhattan apartment building that won't allow it. Not a possibility. Also, there's NO other cable provider in my part of town. No Fios, no Optimum, no RCN.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 16:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39048
Donate
pit.gif
paulie86 wrote:
The solution is simple.

I should have mentioned that I live in a Manhattan apartment building that won't allow it. Not a possibility. Also, there's NO other cable provider in my part of town. No Fios, no Optimum, no RCN.

I think you can get the sunday ticket on computer or through a gaming console n ow.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 17:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
rugger48 wrote:
paulie86 wrote:
The solution is simple.

I think you can get the sunday ticket on computer or through a gaming console n ow.

I can say first hand you can (used a PS3). Got the free Sunday Ticket for a year, love it to death

Or you can always do it the old-fashioned way and spend your Sundays @ Hooters :)

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 17:31 
Mako Shark

Donate
was.gif
TheChamp wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
paulie86 wrote:
The solution is simple.

I can say first hand you can (used a PS3). Got the free Sunday Ticket for a year, love it to death

Free for a non-DirecTV subscriber?! Awesome. Firing up my PS3 now...

Quote:
Or you can always do it the old-fashioned way and spend your Sundays @ Hooters :)

That gets expensive 8)

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 17:35 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1172
Donate
I like the NFL as much as anyone else but it does drive me nuts that they won't let you see certain games on tv. I don't understand why the NFL can't be more like college football? Why can't the NFL come to a better agreement with Fox, ABC, NBC, and ESPN?

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 18:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
paulie86 wrote:
TheChamp wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
paulie86 wrote:
The solution is simple.

Free for a non-DirecTV subscriber?! Awesome. Firing up my PS3 now...

Quote:

That gets expensive 8)

Sorry buddy, I was actually talking about both separately. (DirectTV trial at my place, PS3 connection at brother's)

I think he paid 150$ for the package... pretty good deal for a full season, and the streams were great.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 20:18 
Mako Shark

Donate
was.gif
Quote:

Sorry buddy, I was actually talking about both separately. (DirectTV trial at my place, PS3 connection at brother's)

I think he paid 150$ for the package... pretty good deal for a full season, and the streams were great.

Ah. Sounded too good to be true. So, you need to be a new DirecTV subscriber, and you get a year of Sunday Ticket (including PS3) for free?

It would be great if you could just buy Sunday Ticket on the PS3, espescially without it costing an arm and a leg. At the current moment, there aren't any options available for a non-subscriber to buy anything. Maybe closer to the NFL season, but when I click the purchase options it comes up empty.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 20:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Fantasy 247 wrote:
I like the NFL as much as anyone else but it does drive me nuts that they won't let you see certain games on tv. I don't understand why the NFL can't be more like college football? Why can't the NFL come to a better agreement with Fox, ABC, NBC, and ESPN?

Are you kidding me?

A game every Thursday night.

A game every Sunday night.

A game every Monday night.

Three games every Sunday afternoon.

Three games on Thanksgiving.

All for FREE.

That's at least six FREE games a week.

For the other games, buck up and get Sunday Ticket.

Cutler, Ben
Martellus, Wright
CIN

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 20:37 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1306
Donate
nyj.gif
I love football as much as the next guy, but there's enough football on tv, where I'm not craving for more. Between life and work being hectic schedule...I'm happy to just watch my jets game every week and maybe one more game. They are always showing highlights so I'm fine with it.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 20:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33351
Donate
car.gif
DrunkLikeAChampion wrote:
I love football as much as the next guy, but there's enough football on tv, where I'm not craving for more. Between life and work being hectic schedule...I'm happy to just watch my jets game every week and maybe one more game. They are always showing highlights so I'm fine with it.

Add in college and HS football and I really don't give a crap about games added to Thursday nights either. Sunday and Monday are plenty for me, but I do have the other levels to watch also.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

You're like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a beetch.

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 20:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pwbowen wrote:
DrunkLikeAChampion wrote:

Add in college and HS football and I really don't give a crap about games added to Thursday nights either. Sunday and Monday are plenty for me, but I do have the other levels to watch also.

I don't watch the other levels. I reserve all my football time for the NFL.

I had the Sunday Ticket for the first time last year (got it FREE when I switched to DirecTV).

Haven't decided yet whether I will buy it this year.

Cutler, Ben
Martellus, Wright
CIN

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Sun 08.05.2012, 22:11 
Mako Shark

Donate
was.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

A game every Thursday night.Not for Time Warner.

A game every Sunday night.

A game every Monday night.

Three games every Sunday afternoon. 2, usually, at least for me.

Three games on Thanksgiving. 1 of those on NFL Network.

All for FREE. Where do YOU live?

That's at least six FREE games a week. Fewer.

For the other games, buck up and get Sunday Ticket.For 200 bucks PLUS a DirecTV subscription...

Point is, it ain't free, cheap, or even available to all. And college football gets way more love by the free channels.