Rice vs Foster

Post Reply  
Blue Shark
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005
Sand$: 1,075.50
Who would you take number one overall?

My league is non-PPR, but you can discuss either or for other readers of the board.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010
Sand$: 0.00
foster
User avatar
SandShark
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011
Sand$: 172.00
Foster, but make sure you get Tate! Foster more of a sure thing for TD's in the redone as Houston runs the ball quite a bit in the red zone. Cameron has a tendency to get cute w/ the playcalling in the redone at times, too smart for his own good.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
Foster non-PPR
Rice gets the slight edge PPR

Can't go wrong with either IMO
Last edited by TheChamp on Mon 08.06.2012, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17110
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 73,167.08
I like rice the best, less room for error.
User avatar
Chum
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 4, 2012
Sand$: 74.00
I like Foster, but I think Rice is the better option in PPR leagues. Also Foster has had a lot of miles the last couple years. Better get Tate if you go Foster.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10201
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,982.32
I would probably end up flipping a coin. Pros and cons to each one but you can't go wrong with either.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1674
Joined: Tue Sep 2, 2003
Sand$: 4,393.52
yardlaw wrote:Foster, but make sure you get Tate!


That is why I would go Rice.
_______________________________________

There is only one strategy that works in Fantasy Football drafts:

The "Draft better than the other guys in your league" strategy.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11233
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 15,711.64
rugger48 wrote:I like rice the best, less room for error.


What does less room for error mean?

Anyway, last year, these two were just about dead even in PPR ppg.

I'd take Foster, but it's a coin flip.
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 11233
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009
Sand$: 15,711.64
parshuter wrote:I like Foster, but I think Rice is the better option in PPR leagues. Also Foster has had a lot of miles the last couple years. Better get Tate if you go Foster.


Just curious why you think that.

Foster is a fantastic receiver.
_______________________________________

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 17110
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 73,167.08
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I like rice the best, less room for error.


What does less room for error mean?

Anyway, last year, these two were just about dead even in PPR ppg.

I'd take Foster, but it's a coin flip.



less room for error means, they are coin flip right so look at what can prevent them from producing. The one thing that seperates the 2 of them is tate. Rice doesnt have a tate on his team. So I take rice. That doesnt mean I think tate will take from foster, but why not eliminate the possibility for sure and take rice.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 13,973.56
rugger48 wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I like rice the best, less room for error.


What does less room for error mean?

Anyway, last year, these two were just about dead even in PPR ppg.

I'd take Foster, but it's a coin flip.



less room for error means, they are coin flip right so look at what can prevent them from producing. The one thing that seperates the 2 of them is tate. Rice doesnt have a tate on his team. So I take rice. That doesnt mean I think tate will take from foster, but why not eliminate the possibility for sure and take rice.


but are you getting the upside of Tate if Foster goes down for a few games with whoever you would replace Rice with if he was to miss time?
Last edited by theoutlawdekepatton on Mon 08.06.2012, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5540
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010
Sand$: 0.00
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I like rice the best, less room for error.


What does less room for error mean?

Anyway, last year, these two were just about dead even in PPR ppg.

I'd take Foster, but it's a coin flip.



less room for error means, they are coin flip right so look at what can prevent them from producing. The one thing that seperates the 2 of them is tate. Rice doesnt have a tate on his team. So I take rice. That doesnt mean I think tate will take from foster, but why not eliminate the possibility for sure and take rice.


but are you getting the upside of Tate is Foster goes down for a few games with whoever you would replace Rice with if he was to miss time?


that one rookie who runs like a girl
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
parshuter wrote:I like Foster, but I think Rice is the better option in PPR leagues. Also Foster has had a lot of miles the last couple years. Better get Tate if you go Foster.


Just curious why you think that.

Foster is a fantastic receiver.


Yep, both are great pass catchers, but Rice will probably catch 10-15 more balls. It's a very slight edge IMO and you can't go wrong either way

I don't consider Tate a problem either like some suggest. The volume Houston uses its backs is great, and Tate allows Foster to stay refreshed throughout the game.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008
Sand$: 13,973.56
bjoemama2 wrote:
theoutlawdekepatton wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
rugger48 wrote:I like rice the best, less room for error.


What does less room for error mean?

Anyway, last year, these two were just about dead even in PPR ppg.

I'd take Foster, but it's a coin flip.



less room for error means, they are coin flip right so look at what can prevent them from producing. The one thing that seperates the 2 of them is tate. Rice doesnt have a tate on his team. So I take rice. That doesnt mean I think tate will take from foster, but why not eliminate the possibility for sure and take rice.


but are you getting the upside of Tate is Foster goes down for a few games with whoever you would replace Rice with if he was to miss time?


that one rookie who runs like a girl


i was asking about upside, not upskirt :lol:

what i meant was, whoever you are drafting to take the RB bench spots, do they have the upside Tate can give you if your no.1 guy goes down.
_______________________________________

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 10ball, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests