FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 04.17.2014, 19:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Russell.....Wilson?
PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 03:56 
SandShark

Sand$: 194
Donate
\:D/Nice debut......too small...anyone think he has a shot in Seattle? Flynn didn't look overly exciting....?

Post subject: Re: Russell.....Wilson?
PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 04:05 
SandShark

Sand$: 144
Donate
nyg.gif
Eh.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 05:20 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1463
Donate
was.gif
Maybe down the road but Flynn will get more than a few chances considering that ridiculous contract.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 07:05 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 4870
Donate
I'm a big fan of his. I don't think he's too small. Time will tell I suppose.

I agree, though. Probably not this year.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 07:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14549
Donate
I dont see the need to wait.

Having him sit behind players who are worse than him doesnt help him or the team.

Sometimes you can sit the rook and let him learn - Like Romo, Brady, Rodgers etc.

Sometimes you should just throw them in and see what happens.

Im a massive fan, his height isnt an issue. Hes a winner with a decent arm and intangibles off the charts and the best QB on that roster.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 07:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30895
Donate
mia.gif
paulie86 wrote:
Maybe down the road but Flynn will get more than a few chances considering that ridiculous contract.

The contract was relatively small, and quite manageable.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 07:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Incidentally, 3 page thread here for those interested in it:

Seattle QB 2012
http://www.fantasysharks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=285340&p=3919969&hilit=russell+wilson#p3919969

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 09:40 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38448
Donate
det.gif
he looked good. to win the job, he'll need to be blatantly better than the other two options. he's still a 6' rookie when it's all said and done. he'll get a chance to start in his career one way or another IMO.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 09:54 
SandShark

Sand$: 170
Donate
getdownmmmkay wrote:
he looked good. to win the job, he'll need to be blatantly better than the other two options. he's still a 6' rookie when it's all said and done. he'll get a chance to start in his career one way or another IMO.

Not going to happen..I am in seattle all the time.I read the papers there and Flynn is the golden boy.They paid him and he is expected to be the #1.Only way changes will happen is from an injury.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 09:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9629
Donate
det.gif
I think there is no way that Flynn doesn't wind up starting, especially after signing that contract. Russell Wilson I think could have what it takes but might need the ride the pine a year or two first, whether that is as a 2nd or 3rd string QB, that has yet to be decided.

*Closed until next season*

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 10:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30895
Donate
mia.gif
Everyone keeps mentioning the contract like it was a huge deal? I think Flynn starts this year, but that contract is team friendly, and will allow them to easily make the switch if/when they decide to.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 12:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113024
Donate
min.gif
He's actually 5'10-3/4" .. and don't buy into the bull chit that he can see over the O-line. It is just that - total and utter bull chit. :lol: :F

Was asked in a June dyno draft what I thought as a Wisky homer after the pick was made - to paraphrase it: If he gets the opportunity at any time he'll bust his arse and make it nearly impossible for Bevell and Carroll to replace him sans a melt-down or injury.

If he was 6'2"+ (hypothetically here) he might've challenged Bob and Luck for the top QB hype taken in the draft last April, but he's not 6'2".. nor is he 6' or 5'11". By all means, hell yes, the O-line/D-line blocks his vision. Using his "windows" and knowing the offense, routes and his receivers like the back of his hand is what gives him an unfair advantage. Hes a hella-smart kid. His ego and confidence that are seen as an advantage can also be his down fall RE: last night throwing that pick into a wasps nest at the goal line. Dumb throw and one he may not have made had his ego and confidence not been where it was or his legs 2" taller.

Another 'for instance' side note: Montee Ball very likely would've crushed Barry Sanders' NCAA single season TD record instead of tying it last season if Wilson would've been able to see him sitting in the left flat last year.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 12:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
birddog wrote:
He's actually 5'10-3/4" .. and don't buy into the bull chit that he can see over the O-line. It is just that - total and utter bull chit. :lol: :F

Was asked in a June dyno draft what I thought as a Wisky homer after the pick was made - to paraphrase it: If he gets the opportunity at any time he'll bust his arse and make it nearly impossible for Bevell and Carroll to replace him sans a melt-down or injury.

If he was 6'2"+ (hypothetically here) he might've challenged Bob and Luck for the top QB hype taken in the draft last April, but he's not 6'2".. nor is he 6' or 5'11". By all means, hell yes, the O-line/D-line blocks his vision. Using his "windows" and knowing the offense, routes and his receivers like the back of his hand is what gives him an unfair advantage. Hes a hella-smart kid. His ego and confidence that are seen as an advantage can also be his down fall RE: last night throwing that pick into a wasps nest at the goal line. Dumb throw and one he may not have made had his ego and confidence not been where it was or his legs 2" taller.

Another 'for instance' side note: Montee Ball very likely would've crushed Barry Sanders' NCAA single season TD record instead of tying it last season if Wilson would've been able to see him sitting in the left flat last year.

How big was the OL in front of him?

Id say - if memory serves - couple of them are in the NFL and projected starters (high rnd picks too, good players and no slouches). Konz & Zeitler.

Thats a 6'5", 315lb Center, a 6'4", 314lb Guard. In fact without checking i think i read last season that the avg weight per player on the line was 325lb. Last year they put Carimi & Moffitt (1st & 3rd, CHI & SEA) into the NFL too. Again not small players.

If he can pass over them around them under them, it doesnt matter how tall he is, hes proven he can do it. The height of the OL is an argument that holds little weight with me.

Cant think of many (any, anyone?) college Qbs that accomplished what he did ... at the level he did it ... in the time that he did it. He might never be as good at the NFL level, but thats moot.

Hes the best QB on that SEA roster.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 113024
Donate
min.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
birddog wrote:

How big was the OL in front of him?

Id say - if memory serves - couple of them are in the NFL and projected starters (high rnd picks too, good players and no slouches). Konz & Zeitler.

Thats a 6'5", 315lb Center, a 6'4", 314lb Guard. In fact without checking i think i read last season that the avg weight per player on the line was 325lb. Last year they put Carimi & Moffitt (1st & 3rd, CHI & SEA) into the NFL too. Again not small players.

If he can pass over them around them under them, it doesnt matter how tall he is, hes proven he can do it. The height of the OL is an argument that holds little weight with me.

Cant think of many (any, anyone?) college Qbs that accomplished what he did ... at the level he did it ... in the time that he did it. He might never be as good at the NFL level, but thats moot.

Hes the best QB on that SEA roster.
His height most definitely is an issue. Its the driving force why they'll roll him out into green field on play-action and bootlegs. He can sit in and sling it, but thats where I referenced 'windows'. He maximizes what he has - his mind, vision: what he sees he normally reads well, good feet/mobility and hes been sliding and shifting in the pocket to see his entire QB career so hes got that going for him. Hes a good spot thrower yet needs work leading guys for yac and throwing them open. OK at it though. The WCO Bevell is calling is the system he should be in IMO. One good thing about where he is - the seabirds have the WRs (and enough of them) and a TE that can support him not to mention his RB(s) aren't slouches.

Saying he can "see over the O-line" is crazy ridiculous though. His line of sight is @ 5'7"+/-. A 6'4" lineman with a helmet on w/1-1/2" padding would have to widen out and bend 10-1/2" (Min) for Wilson to barley peep over the crown of his helmet.. and thats if Wilsons standing completely straight with his heels together which doesn't happen too often... never mind the field crown. agian - 'windows'.

He'll be solid when/if called on. Like I said, I believe he'll make it nearly impossible for Bevell and Carroll to pull him if given the opportunity sans a melt-down or injury.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:25 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1463
Donate
was.gif
Elmagister wrote:
Everyone keeps mentioning the contract like it was a huge deal? I think Flynn starts this year, but that contract is team friendly, and will allow them to easily make the switch if/when they decide to.

True. Just looked up the numbers again -- 3 yrs, $26M, $10M guaranteed. I seem to remember it being more Cassel- or Kolb-sized, but looks like the Seahawks played this one pretty well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 636 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next