FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 11.23.2014, 19:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:11 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1469
Donate
was.gif
AFC:
1) New England Patriots
2) Baltimore Ravens
3) Houston Texans
4) Denver Broncos
5) Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Cincinnati Bengals

NFC:
1) Green Bay Packers
2) San Francisco 49ers
3) New Orleans Saints
4) New York Giants
5) Atlanta Falcons
6) Detroit Lions

In the AFC, I'd say the Bengals and/or Broncos will miss out. I see the Steelers and Ravens making it (again), and the final AFC wild card spot coming from the AFC West.

In the NFC, I like all teams to return, except for the Giants. Sure, they won the Super Bowl, but they squeaked into the playoffs just ahead of the Eagles and Cowboys. Not to mention the G-Men got swept by the Redskins. The NFC East division is just so unpredictable, but I don't see two powerhouses coming out of it this year, especially with the solid play of teams like the Falcons, Lions, and potential for the Bears and Panthers to be in the mix for the wild card as well.

LoNg LiVe tHe pSyChO wArD

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15647
Donate
It seems like every year, four to six playoff teams are replaced.

I'll say Pittsburgh is ripe for a down year.

Denver will lose out to KC or SD or OAK (who knows in that crazy, mediocre division?)

From the NFC, I'll say the Giants and Lions are home in January.

Longshot pick: The Saints.

Stafford
McKinnon, Hill, Sims, Latavius, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17603
Donate
nyg.gif
paulie86 wrote:
AFC:
1) New England Patriots
2) Baltimore Ravens
3) Houston Texans
4) Denver Broncos
5) Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Cincinnati Bengals

NFC:
1) Green Bay Packers
2) San Francisco 49ers
3) New Orleans Saints
4) New York Giants
5) Atlanta Falcons
6) Detroit Lions

In the AFC, I'd say the Bengals and/or Broncos will miss out. I see the Steelers and Ravens making it (again), and the final AFC wild card spot coming from the AFC West.

In the NFC, I like all teams to return, except for the Giants. Sure, they won the Super Bowl, but they squeaked into the playoffs just ahead of the Eagles and Cowboys. Not to mention the G-Men got swept by the Redskins. The NFC East division is just so unpredictable, but I don't see two powerhouses coming out of it this year, especially with the solid play of teams like the Falcons, Lions, and potential for the Bears and Panthers to be in the mix for the wild card as well.

Before we bury the reigning NFC East and Superbowl Champs, let's figure out which of the other three NFC East teams could win the division. The Eagles are garbage, the Redskins have never proven anything and now have a rookie qb and the Cowboys still have Chokemo throwing to Miles Austin who can't stay healthy and a moron who never knows which route to run. Meanwhile, you point to the Falcons, who the Giants absolutely wrecked in the playoffs last year.

The more we hear opinions like this on the Giants, the more fired up they get. And the more fired up they get, the more QBs end up on IR. Ya hear me, Bob Griffin? \:D/

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
KIAball1996 wrote:
paulie86 wrote:
AFC:
1) New England Patriots
2) Baltimore Ravens
3) Houston Texans
4) Denver Broncos
5) Pittsburgh Steelers
6) Cincinnati Bengals

NFC:
1) Green Bay Packers
2) San Francisco 49ers
3) New Orleans Saints
4) New York Giants
5) Atlanta Falcons
6) Detroit Lions

Before we bury the reigning NFC East and Superbowl Champs, let's figure out which of the other three NFC East teams could win the division. The Eagles are garbage, the Redskins have never proven anything and now have a rookie qb and the Cowboys still have Chokemo throwing to Miles Austin who can't stay healthy and a moron who never knows which route to run. Meanwhile, you point to the Falcons, who the Giants absolutely wrecked in the playoffs last year.

The more we hear opinions like this on the Giants, the more fired up they get. And the more fired up they get, the more QBs end up on IR. Ya hear me, Bob Griffin? \:D/

And yet the Giants do not make the playoffs every year.

And the Falcons can win their division whether or not the Giants qualify or not.

Stafford
Rivera
DET, KCC

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 15:59 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1469
Donate
was.gif
KIAball1996 wrote:

All I'm saying is the Eagles and Cowboys were one win away from winning that division, or the Giants were one loss away from missing the playoffs. Teams don't have to be good to make the playoffs, they just have to be better than the other teams, and from there anything is possible. See: 2010 Seattle Seahawks. The Giants hardly proved they were head-and-shoulders above the Cowboys and Eagles during the regular season.

No need to bring the Redskins into the playoff conversation just yet. I just wanted to point out that they swept the Giants last year. And Bob Griffin > Rex Grossman. 8)

Quote:

[-X

LoNg LiVe tHe pSyChO wArD

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17603
Donate
nyg.gif
Only thing I'll give you on the Giants is that their schedule is murder this year. But it also was murder last year, their entire defense was injured for most of the year and they put in the worst running attack in the NFL...this did not prevent them from winning the division and superbowl. The playoff run coincided with their defensive starters getting back on the field.

I do agree that the Giants have their work cut out for them, as do all NFC teams hoping to make the playoffs. I can't remember this conference being so strong before.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:09 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13980
Donate
atl.gif
Bengals, Saints, Lions, Giants, 49ers

Replaced by: Chargers, Cowboys, Bears, Eagles, Seahawks

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27166
Donate
sf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

Niners? :agrue:

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12596
Donate
gb.gif
Broncos defense is too good for them to not make it. IMO, Texans and Steelers would be candidates. Improvements in their respective divisions means no easy 6 games.

AFC
-Texans have to face NFC North and AFC East on their rotation this year.
-Steelers had a pretty easy schedule last year, facing AFC South and NFC West. They split/lost against "good" teams. With a new offense.... not sure how they're gonna pull it together. Maybe the replacement refs will be cheaper to buy off? (I kid, I kid....)

NFC
-GB/DET/CHI - One of these teams will be on the outside looking in. The division schedule will make or break it. Could very easily be GB just as much as the others.
-SF - They won 6 games by a TD or less. 3 were by a FG or less. 13-3 could've been 7-9. Their fortune could easily change, depending how much competition SEA provides in their division.

Last edited by jnadke on Sun 08.12.2012, 16:35, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13980
Donate
atl.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

Sometimes you just feel it

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265166&p=3701001&hilit=lynch#p3701001

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:26 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27166
Donate
sf.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

Sometimes you just feel it

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=265166&p=3701001&hilit=lynch#p3701001

Its possible but I think niners upgraded on offense and the defense is still in tact.
You know I gotta roll with my team all day...suprised the hell out of me last year getting that far. A fumble away from the bowl

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8912
Donate
gb.gif
Packers don't get the o-line figured out and shore up that defense, they won't be invited to the dance. Time will tell concerning the Lions--were they legit, or a fluke. Same goes for San Fran IMO.

Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are my choices in the AFC

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 16:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
DELTA6TWO wrote:
Packers don't get the o-line figured out and shore up that defense, they won't be invited to the dance. Time will tell concerning the Lions--were they legit, or a fluke. Same goes for San Fran IMO.

Isn't that the same O-line and defense that went 15-1 last year?

Not saying GB is a lock to make the playoffs . . . but I think the Packers are a shoo-in to win that division.

Stafford
Rivera
DET, KCC

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 17:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39322
Donate
pit.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
DELTA6TWO wrote:

Isn't that the same O-line and defense that went 15-1 last year?

Not saying GB is a lock to make the playoffs . . . but I think the Packers are a shoo-in to win that division.

Thats Del for ya, hes the packers toughest critic. Im the same way with the steelers.

I think the lions dont make it, cincy, and giants.

PostPosted: Sun 08.12.2012, 18:20 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 58323
Donate
sea.gif
49ers are slated to come back down to earth in a big way. Their turnover advantage on offense and defense is unrepeatable. I see the Seahawks and 49ers going back and forth all year. If one can manage to sweep the other, it very well could be the difference.