FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 07.29.2014, 03:40

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Lynch or S. Jackson?
Lynch 49%  49%  [ 32 ]
S. Jackson 51%  51%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 65
 Post subject: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 20:09 
SandShark

Sand$: 272
Donate
title says it all

Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 20:28 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281431
Donate
den.gif
Sjax by far!

PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 20:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12334
Donate
jax.gif
If Lynch isn't getting suspended, then him. He has a better O-line and is younger. Plus his team has a better defense letting them run more often. If he's suspended I'd lean towards SJax and just make sure to handcuff him.

PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 21:55 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 114162
Donate
min.gif
Lynch.

PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 01:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3211
Donate
sea.gif
Beast Mode

Look what he did last year with a patchwork o-line. Healthier line, better QB, better receivers, better defense all add up to Lynch having another solid year. top 5 potential IMO.

edit: probably won't miss any 2012 games. NFL won't do anything until he is convicted of DUI, which won't be for a long time, if ever. More likely reduced to neg driving, or driving under influence of skittles.

The "Draft better than the other guys in your league" strategy.

PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 06:42 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 312
Donate
det.gif
:lol: ^^^^

PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 20:11 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 192
Donate
jax.gif
Beast Mode all the way.

PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 20:14 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 456
Donate
nyg.gif
I have them next to each other in my rankings (assuming no suspension). I trust SJax more and would take him in a ppr. In a standard, it's a tougher call.

WR:Calvin,Jones,T.Smith,Williams,Randle
TE:Witten

10teamppr
QB:Newton
RB:TRich,Forte,R.Bush,Woodhead,Blount
WR:Welker,Wayne,Gordon,Nicks,Shorts,Tompkins
TE:Fleener

PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 20:36 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1044
Donate
Steven Jackson for me. Lynch is a head-case who's had one good year, may find himself suspended, arrested, or committed on a moment's notice, is on a team with a college coach that's about to find out what having Owens and Edwards on the same team will mean (chaos), and will be playing with essentially a rookie QB or an actual one. Jackson is still in great condition, has plenty of positive track record, and now has a head coach that will ride him as far as he'll take him.

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 06:53 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 788
Donate
okay, here's one of the reasons i love this place.

i saw the title, wasn't sure which i prefer, Lynch/SJax. seemed like a solid question among that next group of RB's...

so i come in here and read the following:

Markulous wrote:
If Lynch isn't getting suspended, then him. He has a better O-line and is younger. Plus his team has a better defense letting them run more often. If he's suspended I'd lean towards SJax and just make sure to handcuff him.

and

jerexter wrote:
Beast Mode

Look what he did last year with a patchwork o-line. Healthier line, better QB, better receivers, better defense all add up to Lynch having another solid year. top 5 potential IMO.

edit: probably won't miss any 2012 games. NFL won't do anything until he is convicted of DUI, which won't be for a long time, if ever. More likely reduced to neg driving, or driving under influence of skittles.

and i think wow, not only am i convinced that it's Lynch over SJax... i'm now starting to love Lynch, a guy i was lukewarm on and probably going to avoid/not target.

but then i read this:

mbartolomeo wrote:
Steven Jackson for me. Lynch is a head-case who's had one good year, may find himself suspended, arrested, or committed on a moment's notice, is on a team with a college coach that's about to find out what having Owens and Edwards on the same team will mean (chaos), and will be playing with essentially a rookie QB or an actual one. Jackson is still in great condition, has plenty of positive track record, and now has a head coach that will ride him as far as he'll take him.

and i think holy shoot, he's right. i was right to be wary of Lynch! and maybe Sjax IS that solid 2nd RB i can depend on!

so yea.... good job guys. still a tough call.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=305803&p=4223040#p4223040

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 06:56 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 268
Donate
ne.gif
I went with Sjax in the shark league for my RB1, as all better ones were gone. I think they will run him into the ground, and it's PPR. If it were not PPR, I'd consider Lynch instead

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 07:58 
Blue Shark

Donate
whiskeytown wrote:
okay, here's one of the reasons i love this place.

i saw the title, wasn't sure which i prefer, Lynch/SJax. seemed like a solid question among that next group of RB's...

so i come in here and read the following:

Markulous wrote:

and

jerexter wrote:
Beast Mode

and i think wow, not only am i convinced that it's Lynch over SJax... i'm now starting to love Lynch, a guy i was lukewarm on and probably going to avoid/not target.

but then i read this:

mbartolomeo wrote:

and i think holy shoot, he's right. i was right to be wary of Lynch! and maybe Sjax IS that solid 2nd RB i can depend on!

so yea.... good job guys. still a tough call.

... all of this should be taken with the caveat, "Of course, I could be completely f@#$ing wrong" #-o I will add, though, that my personal mantra has always been, all things being equal (or if the choice is really close), go with the guy on the team you root for, or the guy you personally like more, as it will make winning that much more enjoyable.

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 08:09 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21198
Donate
ne.gif
I'm having a tough time deciding whether Lynch's big year last year was contract-driven and if he'll produce those #'s again.

All things being completely equal, I may go Lynch. But, when you take into the ADP for both of them, I like Steven Jackson because of where you can draft him.

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 08:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 28294
Donate
dal.gif
Lynch was a top 5 back in Shark leagues last season. Something to consider.

PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 08:28 
Blue Shark

Donate
Craphead wrote:
Lynch was a top 5 back in Shark leagues last season. Something to consider.

Yes, Lynch was 5th and Jackson 10th. The year before Jackson was also 10th, while Lynch was 29th.

Perhaps it makes sense to say that Jackson is simply more consistent and reliable?