FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 10.20.2014, 04:45

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lynch or S. Jackson?
Lynch 49%  49%  [ 32 ]
S. Jackson 51%  51%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 65
Author Message
 Post subject: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 20:09 
Offline
SandShark

Joined: Tue 10.05.2010, 21:09
Posts: 91
Sand$: 272
Donate
title says it all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 20:28 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 61060
Sand$: 281101
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
Sjax by far!

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 20:48 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 8026
Sand$: 14618
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
If Lynch isn't getting suspended, then him. He has a better O-line and is younger. Plus his team has a better defense letting them run more often. If he's suspended I'd lean towards SJax and just make sure to handcuff him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Mon 08.13.2012, 21:55 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 30846
Sand$: 117729
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
Lynch.

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 01:25 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.02.2003, 01:09
Posts: 1650
Sand$: 4333
Donate
Location: in your head
sea.gif
Beast Mode

Look what he did last year with a patchwork o-line. Healthier line, better QB, better receivers, better defense all add up to Lynch having another solid year. top 5 potential IMO.

edit: probably won't miss any 2012 games. NFL won't do anything until he is convicted of DUI, which won't be for a long time, if ever. More likely reduced to neg driving, or driving under influence of skittles.

_________________
There is only one strategy that works in Fantasy Football drafts:

The "Draft better than the other guys in your league" strategy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 06:42 
Offline
Leopard Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.15.2010, 11:54
Posts: 157
Sand$: 338
Donate
det.gif
:lol: ^^^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 20:11 
Offline
Leopard Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08.13.2003, 11:19
Posts: 154
Sand$: 192
Donate
Location: NOVA
jax.gif
Beast Mode all the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 20:14 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 09.19.2008, 12:04
Posts: 1449
Sand$: 496
Donate
Location: NY
nyg.gif
I have them next to each other in my rankings (assuming no suspension). I trust SJax more and would take him in a ppr. In a standard, it's a tougher call.

_________________
10team.5ppr
QB:Brees
RB:Charles,Jennings,F.Jackson,Ingram,Williams,Spiller
WR:Brown,Green,Wallace,Floyd,Wayne
TE:Olsen,Donnell

10team ppr
QB:Wilson
RB:Foster,McCoy,Jennings,Williams,Spiller
WR:Green,Hilton,Floyd,Randle,Hopkins
TE:Harbor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Tue 08.14.2012, 20:36 
Offline
Blue Shark

Joined: Wed 06.13.2007, 21:43
Posts: 420
Sand$: 1084
Donate
Steven Jackson for me. Lynch is a head-case who's had one good year, may find himself suspended, arrested, or committed on a moment's notice, is on a team with a college coach that's about to find out what having Owens and Edwards on the same team will mean (chaos), and will be playing with essentially a rookie QB or an actual one. Jackson is still in great condition, has plenty of positive track record, and now has a head coach that will ride him as far as he'll take him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 06:53 
Offline
Blue Shark

Joined: Tue 08.07.2012, 10:13
Posts: 352
Sand$: 788
Donate
okay, here's one of the reasons i love this place.

i saw the title, wasn't sure which i prefer, Lynch/SJax. seemed like a solid question among that next group of RB's...

so i come in here and read the following:

Markulous wrote:
If Lynch isn't getting suspended, then him. He has a better O-line and is younger. Plus his team has a better defense letting them run more often. If he's suspended I'd lean towards SJax and just make sure to handcuff him.


and

jerexter wrote:
Beast Mode

Look what he did last year with a patchwork o-line. Healthier line, better QB, better receivers, better defense all add up to Lynch having another solid year. top 5 potential IMO.

edit: probably won't miss any 2012 games. NFL won't do anything until he is convicted of DUI, which won't be for a long time, if ever. More likely reduced to neg driving, or driving under influence of skittles.


and i think wow, not only am i convinced that it's Lynch over SJax... i'm now starting to love Lynch, a guy i was lukewarm on and probably going to avoid/not target.

but then i read this:

mbartolomeo wrote:
Steven Jackson for me. Lynch is a head-case who's had one good year, may find himself suspended, arrested, or committed on a moment's notice, is on a team with a college coach that's about to find out what having Owens and Edwards on the same team will mean (chaos), and will be playing with essentially a rookie QB or an actual one. Jackson is still in great condition, has plenty of positive track record, and now has a head coach that will ride him as far as he'll take him.


and i think holy shoot, he's right. i was right to be wary of Lynch! and maybe Sjax IS that solid 2nd RB i can depend on!


so yea.... good job guys. still a tough call.

_________________
Rate/comment on my team. It's pretty good, but Yahoo gave it a D+ (picking 10th outta 10)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=305803&p=4223040#p4223040


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 06:56 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Wed 07.27.2011, 12:58
Posts: 116
Sand$: 278
Donate
ne.gif
I went with Sjax in the shark league for my RB1, as all better ones were gone. I think they will run him into the ground, and it's PPR. If it were not PPR, I'd consider Lynch instead

_________________
Mako Shark League 4. Word!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 07:58 
Offline
Blue Shark

Joined: Wed 06.13.2007, 21:43
Posts: 420
Sand$: 1084
Donate
whiskeytown wrote:
okay, here's one of the reasons i love this place.

i saw the title, wasn't sure which i prefer, Lynch/SJax. seemed like a solid question among that next group of RB's...

so i come in here and read the following:

Markulous wrote:
If Lynch isn't getting suspended, then him. He has a better O-line and is younger. Plus his team has a better defense letting them run more often. If he's suspended I'd lean towards SJax and just make sure to handcuff him.


and

jerexter wrote:
Beast Mode

Look what he did last year with a patchwork o-line. Healthier line, better QB, better receivers, better defense all add up to Lynch having another solid year. top 5 potential IMO.

edit: probably won't miss any 2012 games. NFL won't do anything until he is convicted of DUI, which won't be for a long time, if ever. More likely reduced to neg driving, or driving under influence of skittles.


and i think wow, not only am i convinced that it's Lynch over SJax... i'm now starting to love Lynch, a guy i was lukewarm on and probably going to avoid/not target.

but then i read this:

mbartolomeo wrote:
Steven Jackson for me. Lynch is a head-case who's had one good year, may find himself suspended, arrested, or committed on a moment's notice, is on a team with a college coach that's about to find out what having Owens and Edwards on the same team will mean (chaos), and will be playing with essentially a rookie QB or an actual one. Jackson is still in great condition, has plenty of positive track record, and now has a head coach that will ride him as far as he'll take him.


and i think holy shoot, he's right. i was right to be wary of Lynch! and maybe Sjax IS that solid 2nd RB i can depend on!


so yea.... good job guys. still a tough call.


... all of this should be taken with the caveat, "Of course, I could be completely f@#$ing wrong" #-o I will add, though, that my personal mantra has always been, all things being equal (or if the choice is really close), go with the guy on the team you root for, or the guy you personally like more, as it will make winning that much more enjoyable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 08:09 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.29.2012, 09:41
Posts: 11890
Sand$: 24996
Donate
ne.gif
I'm having a tough time deciding whether Lynch's big year last year was contract-driven and if he'll produce those #'s again.

All things being completely equal, I may go Lynch. But, when you take into the ADP for both of them, I like Steven Jackson because of where you can draft him.

_________________
Debbie Downah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 08:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 09.12.2009, 11:01
Posts: 2474
Sand$: 27333
Donate
Location: Death Star, TX
dal.gif
Lynch was a top 5 back in Shark leagues last season. Something to consider.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lynch or S. Jackson
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 08:28 
Offline
Blue Shark

Joined: Wed 06.13.2007, 21:43
Posts: 420
Sand$: 1084
Donate
Craphead wrote:
Lynch was a top 5 back in Shark leagues last season. Something to consider.


Yes, Lynch was 5th and Jackson 10th. The year before Jackson was also 10th, while Lynch was 29th.

Perhaps it makes sense to say that Jackson is simply more consistent and reliable?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdsBot [Google], Ghost, nml11287 and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group