Witten suffers spleen injury

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 2,618.14
FYI:

------------------------------

Hi Folks,

This is still very early but wanted to pass along to that Cowboys TE Jason Witten suffered a spleen injury in Monday's game according to Dan Patrick. There is lots of speculation right now but nothing official on how this will affect him going forward or if surgery is needed. Some are saying he'll miss the rest of the preseason. ESPNDallas.com is saying that sources are telling them he could possibly miss the regular season opener.

Bottom line is nobody knows for sure right now but this does seem to be a significant injury. If you're drafting today, be cautious about Witten until we know more. Our resident Footballguy Stafer MD, Dr. Jene Bramel will have more on this for sure later.

Thanks to Footballguy Sigmund Bloom for the headsup here.

Have a great rest of your Wednesday and remember to sign up for our Footballguys Insider Subscription to continue receiving info like this plus all the tools and analysis you need all season long http://footballguys.com/inside.php

J

“If you are lucky in life, a man will come through your life that makes a difference. We had a rocky relationship, but I am glad I met him as I know I am better for knowing Tom Landry."
― Hollywood Henderson
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 35,583.00
when i saw that hit and how he reacted, i had a feeling he was hurt.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Sand$: 5,209.57
He's out the rest of the preseason.

also

Cowboys backup TE John Phillips has missed the last week of practice due to an ankle injury.
Right now, rookies James Hanna and Andrew Szczerba are the only healthy tight ends on the roster. It's possible the Cowboys could kick the tires on veteran free agent Jeremy Shockey. Still, Phillips' injury isn't known to be serious and he's flashed solid pass-catching ability when given chances in practice. He'll be a player for deep-leaguers to watch if he ends up starting Week 1.

That's rotoworld throwing his name out there, nothing reported by beat writers yet in case anybody was going to freak out
Megalodon
Sand$: 31,148.60
:(
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16

SPLEEEEEN!

Megalodon
Sand$: 14.72
He did a interview after the hit and wasn't looking to bad but things could change overnight with a spleen injury, if he's out for any length of time. it kills the Boys, he is the vocal leader on offense this year
Great White Shark
Sand$: 141.02
Wikipedia wrote:The spleen (from Greek σπλήν—splēn[1]) is an organ found in virtually all vertebrate animals. Similar in structure to a large lymph node, the spleen acts primarily as a blood filter. As such, it is a non-vital organ, with a healthy life possible after removal.

He needs to get it cut out today and he will be good to go week 1.

CleffedUp wrote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of looks to realize it was a pumpkin puking into a toilet.

(2003) - R.I.P.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 306,250.89
He'll be fine but I bet his adp drops now

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,749.92
Puking Dog wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:The spleen (from Greek σπλήν—splēn[1]) is an organ found in virtually all vertebrate animals. Similar in structure to a large lymph node, the spleen acts primarily as a blood filter. As such, it is a non-vital organ, with a healthy life possible after removal.

Ronnie Lott would have missed a couple of plays
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,022.16
10ball wrote:
Puking Dog wrote:

Ronnie Lott would have missed a couple of plays

Ronnie Lott would have removed it himself. During an offensive series.

Megalodon
Jason Garrett says Witten has a lacerated spleen (cut). Calls it a 'serious injury.' Says he must be 'very still and idle' for 7-10

days

Not great but ok news
Great White Shark
Sand$: 141.02
I know Phillips is dealing with an ankle right now but he looked a little beastly last year before he went down...

CleffedUp wrote:
Yeah, it took me a couple of looks to realize it was a pumpkin puking into a toilet.

(2003) - R.I.P.
Megalodon
Puking Dog wrote:I know Phillips is dealing with an ankle right now but he looked a little beastly last year before he went down...

He did, but him and Hanna are both Witten lite without the blocking talent, not good when O line is horrible
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 147,620.24
I blame pw.. we just had a volley about this and he brought up Chris Simms' spleen.

His fault

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,671.42
I don't know how the injury would affect Witten but personally I'm more concerned about Romo. I don't think he is the right guy for the job and as a result I would think this would affect some of the WR's fantasy value that are on the Cowboys.