FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 12.20.2014, 07:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 22:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4012
Donate
dal.gif
Will Eli repeat last year's heroics or come back down to earth?

Will Peyton find new life in Denver or be a stiff?

Over/Under on 4 new Manning commercials in 2012.

WR: A. Brown, G. Tate, M. Sanu, K. Allen, Stills
RB: J. Bell, J. Hill, McKinnon, Tre Mason
TE: M. Rivera
DEF: Buffalo, Indy
K: Parkey

Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 22:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37760
Donate
chi.gif
Eli dips a bit, as does Peyton from his normal performance, and they end up with similar numbers and fringe starters in 12 team leagues (both in the 10-14 range)

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 00:11 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 05:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 28486
Donate
chi.gif
I have no idea how Peyton does this year, we don't even know if his arm is back to semi-normal.

Eli is now inside the top 10 QBs, in both fantasy and real football.

One of the local radio heads here refers to them as Creepy Face and Infant Head, and I think that's just hilarious. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 09:57 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 16052
Donate
nyg.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Romo...and if he's behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers...how does he make the top 10?

I think Eli falls a little in the yardage department closer to his most recent 2 year average of 4500 yds. I do expect a small uptick in TDs, around 1/2 of Jacobs' TDs so up to 33-34.

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 13:02 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Romo...and if he's behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers...how does he make the top 10?

I think Eli falls a little in the yardage department closer to his most recent 2 year average of 4500 yds. I do expect a small uptick in TDs, around 1/2 of Jacobs' TDs so up to 33-34.

Well, Peyton is better than Romo. At the end of the day Peyton has won a super bowl on his own. So there is just no way Romo can be in the top 10 leaving out Peyton. Just no way

PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 13:35 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2774
Donate
phi.gif
I'll take the over on four commercials.

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 02:14 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 16052
Donate
nyg.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

Well, Peyton is better than Romo. At the end of the day Peyton has won a super bowl on his own. So there is just no way Romo can be in the top 10 leaving out Peyton. Just no way

Huh? What does Peyton having a superbowl ring have to do with Fantasy QB rankings? Does your league give fantasy points for having a super bowl ring? Romo finished #6 last year at QB while missing a game and having 7 missed games between Miles and Dez...you don't rank him in the top 10 QBs this year?

PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 02:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21754
Donate
sd.gif
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

Huh? What does Peyton having a superbowl ring have to do with Fantasy QB rankings? Does your league give fantasy points for having a super bowl ring? Romo finished #6 last year at QB while missing a game and having 7 missed games between Miles and Dez...you don't rank him in the top 10 QBs this year?

Absolutely nothing.
Peyton was a fantasy force for the better part of a decade without owning a single ring himself :wink:

This year I do have to take his kid bro over him for completely different reasons though. Too much risk with Peyton's arm strength and velocity in question, Eli has a much safer floor IMO.