FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.01.2015, 07:49

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 22:00 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined Thu Aug 28, 2008
Sand$ 4,012.00
Posts 1565
Location Austin, TX
dal.gif
Will Eli repeat last year's heroics or come back down to earth?


Will Peyton find new life in Denver or be a stiff?


Over/Under on 4 new Manning commercials in 2012.

_________________
12-team / non-PPR / 5 pt passing TD
"Dumpster Fire"
QB: T. Romo
WR: A. Brown, G. Tate, M. Sanu, K. Allen, Stills
RB: J. Bell, J. Hill, McKinnon, Tre Mason
TE: M. Rivera
DEF: Buffalo, Indy
K: Parkey


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Wed 08.15.2012, 22:08 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$ 37,760.00
Posts 14693
Location At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
Eli dips a bit, as does Peyton from his normal performance, and they end up with similar numbers and fringe starters in 12 team leagues (both in the 10-14 range)

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 00:11 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined Wed Jul 25, 2012
Sand$ 1,518.06
Posts 707
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 05:31 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined Wed Sep 3, 2003
Sand$ 28,608.74
Posts 19065
Location Not So Deep East Texas
chi.gif
I have no idea how Peyton does this year, we don't even know if his arm is back to semi-normal.

Eli is now inside the top 10 QBs, in both fantasy and real football.

One of the local radio heads here refers to them as Creepy Face and Infant Head, and I think that's just hilarious. :twisted:

_________________
Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM . Please use the back door.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 09:57 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Oct 4, 2007
Sand$ 16,052.00
Posts 1358
nyg.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.


Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Romo...and if he's behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers...how does he make the top 10?


I think Eli falls a little in the yardage department closer to his most recent 2 year average of 4500 yds. I do expect a small uptick in TDs, around 1/2 of Jacobs' TDs so up to 33-34.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 13:02 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined Wed Jul 25, 2012
Sand$ 1,518.06
Posts 707
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.


Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Romo...and if he's behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers...how does he make the top 10?


I think Eli falls a little in the yardage department closer to his most recent 2 year average of 4500 yds. I do expect a small uptick in TDs, around 1/2 of Jacobs' TDs so up to 33-34.


Well, Peyton is better than Romo. At the end of the day Peyton has won a super bowl on his own. So there is just no way Romo can be in the top 10 leaving out Peyton. Just no way


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Thu 08.16.2012, 13:35 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Oct 2, 2003
Sand$ 2,774.00
Posts 1377
phi.gif
I'll take the over on four commercials.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 02:14 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined Thu Oct 4, 2007
Sand$ 16,052.00
Posts 1358
nyg.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.


Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Romo...and if he's behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers...how does he make the top 10?


I think Eli falls a little in the yardage department closer to his most recent 2 year average of 4500 yds. I do expect a small uptick in TDs, around 1/2 of Jacobs' TDs so up to 33-34.


Well, Peyton is better than Romo. At the end of the day Peyton has won a super bowl on his own. So there is just no way Romo can be in the top 10 leaving out Peyton. Just no way


Huh? What does Peyton having a superbowl ring have to do with Fantasy QB rankings? Does your league give fantasy points for having a super bowl ring? Romo finished #6 last year at QB while missing a game and having 7 missed games between Miles and Dez...you don't rank him in the top 10 QBs this year?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rate the Mannings
PostPosted: Fri 08.17.2012, 02:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$ 21,892.00
Posts 9838
sd.gif
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
TD Celebration wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Eli gets even better with addition of Randle. For Eli, I'm thinking 5,000 yards with around 35 TD's. As for Peyton he does good just not as good. Peyton still makes top 10 but he is behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers.


Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford, Newton, Romo...and if he's behind Vick, Eli, Ryan, and Rivers...how does he make the top 10?


I think Eli falls a little in the yardage department closer to his most recent 2 year average of 4500 yds. I do expect a small uptick in TDs, around 1/2 of Jacobs' TDs so up to 33-34.


Well, Peyton is better than Romo. At the end of the day Peyton has won a super bowl on his own. So there is just no way Romo can be in the top 10 leaving out Peyton. Just no way


Huh? What does Peyton having a superbowl ring have to do with Fantasy QB rankings? Does your league give fantasy points for having a super bowl ring? Romo finished #6 last year at QB while missing a game and having 7 missed games between Miles and Dez...you don't rank him in the top 10 QBs this year?


Absolutely nothing.
Peyton was a fantasy force for the better part of a decade without owning a single ring himself :wink:

This year I do have to take his kid bro over him for completely different reasons though. Too much risk with Peyton's arm strength and velocity in question, Eli has a much safer floor IMO.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: akromam90, Bing [Bot], NautArch, theoutlawdekepatton and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group